Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Emily

International Cheer Correspondent
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jul 10, 2010
Hey everyone,

it's unbelievable, but NCA Nationals already start this evening :eek:. This thread is for any updates today & tomorrow.

Here are some hopefully useful resources:
  • NCA Google doc - only update if you know what you are doing. If you don't know how to work the doc: write things that need to be changed in this thread and let someone knowledgeable change it for you. Anyone who needs to filter/sort: please save a copy of the original doc and do that there. The "notes" section is designed for very basic information on how the team did (think CheerUpdates-tweet-style), not lenghty opinions (those go in this thread).
  • There is a livestream available on varsity.tv (the service is provided by flosports). Only the arena is included in the livestream. The other halls will be VOD (video on demand). You can get the livestream for either $29.99 for a one month subscription or a yearly subscription for $149.99). The website says that VOD Saturday will be available for Hall B, C, D and F, VOD Sunday will be available for the A-Hall and Theater (the videos for the arena will also be available as vod).
  • The schedule (You can find any information regarding performance times here)
  • The prelim scores
  • 8 Paid and 16 At-Large Bids are awarded to Worlds (bid declaration)
  • 5 Paid and 20 At-Large Bids are awarded to The Summit (bid declaration)
  • 2 Paid and 3 At-Large Bids are awarded to the D2 Summit (bid declaration)
  • Level 1-4 video thread
  • Level 5-6 video thread
  • If you see a post that needs the attention of a moderator - please report the post (instead of quoting and tagging mods) if possible to make our job easier. Although I hope that we don't need any moderating this weekend ;)
A special thank you goes to @luv2cheer92 for setting up the googledoc!

Have fun and keep it classy!

Last edited:
While setting this thread up I read the worlds bid-declaration. Am I right that all of the level 6 teams will walk away with a bid from NCA? In the declaration it says that every worlds eligible division is guaranteed an at-large bid, and each of the level 6 divisions has only one team that is without a bid...

I want to watch the livestream but I'm not too keen on the subscription thing.. Does anyone know if I can just subscribe for NCA and then unsubscribe right after the comp? ((before the month's over)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
While setting this thread up I read the worlds bid-declaration. Am I right that all of the level 6 teams will walk away with a bid from NCA? In the declaration it says that every worlds eligible division is guaranteed an at-large bid, and each of the level 6 divisions has only one team that is without a bid...

It may have worked out that way, but I doubt NCA knew that when they made their bid declaration. Perhaps that counter-balances the fact that at most competitions L6 teams go to they are not eligible for paid bids, despite paying the same entry fee.

I want to watch the livestream but I'm not too keen on the subscription thing.. Does anyone know if I can just subscribe for NCA and then unsubscribe right after the comp? ((before the month's over)

That's what I'm going to do. Subscribe now and then unsubscribe next week.

It may have worked out that way, but I doubt NCA knew that when they made their bid declaration. Perhaps that counter-balances the fact that at most competitions L6 teams go to they are not eligible for paid bids, despite paying the same entry fee.

I actually like seeing level 6 teams getting bids. So I'm definitely not sad that it worked out this way.

Ive decided not to get the livestream this year! I just cant afford it this year unfortuanly. but looking forward to spending the weekend on here with you guys looking at cheerupdates and on here for updates!! (and hopefully we will get some videos later on!) good luck to all of you competing and to all CPs!

I used the Flo sports cheer in Dec. was very good quality and easy to cancel, I am doing it again.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me I guess ;) ) I won't be able to keep up with the google doc much this weekend. There are usually lots of people that help update so I'm relying on them this year. If there are any problems with it during the day tomorrow or Sunday, feel free to tag me or send me a PM!

So I'm okay to purchase the live stream tonight so it's ready for the morning, use it all weekend and then cancel Monday? I don't care about paying the thirty dollars now but I certainly don't want to do so again next month lol

The one year I actually have the money to buy the livestream and naturally I have five thousand things to do this weekend that I can't get out of -_-

Yes. We did it at the beginning of the season and it was fine

Back