High School Nca High School Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 4, 2011
Hello all,

I needed some clarification on scoring for NCA intermediate. There is a part in my routine where the girls throw a BHS stepout round off bhs back tuck. I wanted to know if there is a need to put it in the routine since this part drains them. If not would standing two bhs get the same amount of points. Did not know if the scoring was the same as it is for allstars. So question is do I keep the stepouts to a tuck and risk them being tired or just make them do standing series. Do they score the same. Help!!! Nationals is right around the corner

Ill be interested to see if we get someone with more information.
But here is my take.
Series standing bhs would count toward your standing tumbling score.
Anything that is a RO BHS back tuck would count toward the running tumbling score. To maximize your standing AND running tumbling scores
I would remove the BHS step out and insert two standing bhs toward your standing tumbling score. And then also do the RO bhs back tuck for your running tumbling score.
But this doesn't ensure they aren't tired. ;)

Ill be interested to see if we get someone with more information.
But here is my take.
Series standing bhs would count toward your standing tumbling score.
Anything that is a RO BHS back tuck would count toward the running tumbling score. To maximize your standing AND running tumbling scores
I would remove the BHS step out and insert two standing bhs toward your standing tumbling score. And then also do the RO bhs back tuck for your running tumbling score.
But this doesn't ensure they aren't tired. ;)

The NCA HS scoresheet doesn't separate Standing and Running tumbling. There is just a single "Tumbling" score.

See i knew someone with more info would come along :)..so what do you recommend?:)

Standing series because clean wins. Standing series and RO BHS Tucks are in the same point range so the difference should be minimal, but I'd expect the tucks to score slightly higher than a standing series. The question is what will the impact of throwing tucks be on the rest of the routine.

Latest posts

Back