All-Star Nca Nationals Hotels

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 8, 2011
I am in the process of having to choose a hotel for our teams stay in Dallas next February. I have been sent a list by the housing company of hotels that meet our budget and have enough rooms (22). Having never been to Dallas, I am a bit overwhelmed. Within our budget, there is nothing in the downtown core. I thought that if we could be near a DART station that would be ok. But of all the hotels we have to choose from, only one is within walking distance to a DART station and the reviews online for this particular hotel are horrendous...and I'm not even that picky when it comes to hotels, but I just can't bring myself to book this place based on what I have seen online. I'm looking to hear what other teams have done, what has worked for them, what has not, etc. We are coming from Canada...I want this to be a great experience for both athletes, coaches and parents alike.

What are the hotels on your price range? The Hilton Anatole is not walkable but a fairly close Uber ride and very nice. It was less than the downtown hotels.

If you cannot secure a decent hotel near a DART station, then consider a hotel in an area where the athletes can walk to restaurants and shopping during down time. Most, if not all, hotels on the housing list are an easy Uber ride to the convention center. If it is within your budget and you want the team to travel to the convention center together, consider hiring a van or bus w/driver one way or round trip.

What are the hotels on your price range? The Hilton Anatole is not walkable but a fairly close Uber ride and very nice. It was less than the downtown hotels.

Thank you. I will check with the housing company about your recommendation as it is not on our list...I think it is probably out of our budget of $150/night. We were given an option of another hotel in the same area as the Anatole, but it was only king rooms and $189/night.

If you cannot secure a decent hotel near a DART station, then consider a hotel in an area where the athletes can walk to restaurants and shopping during down time. Most, if not all, hotels on the housing list are an easy Uber ride to the convention center. If it is within your budget and you want the team to travel to the convention center together, consider hiring a van or bus w/driver one way or round trip.

I have begun looking into the option of a mini bus to transport the team should we choose to stay further out. Some of the hotels I have looked at, appear to not have very much around them. Are there certain areas you would recommend over others? Do you have any recommendations for bus/shuttle options? Thanks for the feedback :)

Unfortunately even gyms who have been attending NCA for years and have gym blocks don't have a generous selection of hotel rooms. I had trouble getting a room with more than one bed. It's a continued frustration with this event.
Last year we stayed at Home2 suites in Arlington the night we flew in to save some money. It was a great option - all of the rooms are suites and there is a pool and patio area, and a ton of restaurants within walking distance. You would need to contract with a transportation company to get to the convention center, but I know several gyms who use shuttle buses/van service. Good luck!

Unfortunately even gyms who have been attending NCA for years and have gym blocks don't have a generous selection of hotel rooms. I had trouble getting a room with more than one bed. It's a continued frustration with this event.
Last year we stayed at Home2 suites in Arlington the night we flew in to save some money. It was a great option - all of the rooms are suites and there is a pool and patio area, and a ton of restaurants within walking distance. You would need to contract with a transportation company to get to the convention center, but I know several gyms who use shuttle buses/van service. Good luck!
Yes! Finding a room with more than one bed nearby is costly. The Hyatt is walking distance but $399/night and the Omni is the same but only one bed. So frustrating.

I have begun looking into the option of a mini bus to transport the team should we choose to stay further out. Some of the hotels I have looked at, appear to not have very much around them. Are there certain areas you would recommend over others? Do you have any recommendations for bus/shuttle options? Thanks for the feedback :)

The Galleria area offers shopping, restaurants, and hotels. Looking further out, Legacy Town Center in Plano offers shopping, restaurants, and hotels. If you stay further out, look for hotels near the DART line that offer complimentary shuttle service to the closest DART stop. Otherwise, Uber and taxis are an option for transportation from the hotel to the nearest DART station. Uber from Plano to the Convention Center may run upwards of $20-$25.

Yes! Finding a room with more than one bed nearby is costly. The Hyatt is walking distance but $399/night and the Omni is the same but only one bed. So frustrating.

Do people actually pay that rate??? That's $1200 for ONE weekend. I think the parents in my program would walk out the door if I told them they had to pay that much for a hotel for one weekend.

Do people actually pay that rate??? That's $1200 for ONE weekend. I think the parents in my program would walk out the door if I told them they had to pay that much for a hotel for one weekend.
Yes, people pay. Those two will be sold out soon.

We stay about a 15 min ride away in Addison. Costco car rental was $85 for the 4 days we r staying. We were lucky enough last year to find street meter parking and drive was easy.

Thank you. I will check with the housing company about your recommendation as it is not on our list...I think it is probably out of our budget of $150/night. We were given an option of another hotel in the same area as the Anatole, but it was only king rooms and $189/night.

You're not going to find a hotel downtown on that list for $150/night sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We booked at the Courtyard that is about 3 miles away it was $124 per night. I will then rent a car for about $20-30 a day or I will Uber/Lyft to/from arena. The main issue will be parking. I am curious when you say $189 a night ends up as $1200 for the weekend. A little back of the envelope math puts that at at $300 per night for 4 nights, which doesn't seems right. Also unless you have kids crossing over from Youth to Junior/Senior your parents/Athlete's shouldn't have to stay than 3 nights, as NCA Nationals 18 Miny, Tiny and L1-l4 Youth is a Fri/Sat and all other divisions are Sat/Sunday. Here is the tweet from Justin Carrier confirming that is the schedule(it is also listed that way on varsity.com):

The tax rate is 15.24%, I am not sure what is left and what location but if you figure 3 nights and have your parents split rental cars or mini vans costs and help them organize it you should be able to keep costs respectable.

We booked at the Courtyard that is about 3 miles away it was $124 per night. I will then rent a car for about $20-30 a day or I will Uber/Lyft to/from arena. The main issue will be parking. I am curious when you say $189 a night ends up as $1200 for the weekend. A little back of the envelope math puts that at at $300 per night for 4 nights, which doesn't seems right. Also unless you have kids crossing over from Youth to Junior/Senior your parents/Athlete's shouldn't have to stay than 3 nights, as NCA Nationals 18 Miny, Tiny and L1-l4 Youth is a Fri/Sat and all other divisions are Sat/Sunday. Here is the tweet from Justin Carrier confirming that is the schedule(it is also listed that way on varsity.com):

The tax rate is 15.24%, I am not sure what is left and what location but if you figure 3 nights and have your parents split rental cars or mini vans costs and help them organize it you should be able to keep costs respectable.

I believe the $1200 for the weekend came from someone above mentioning the Hyatt being about $400/night.

Back