Nca Newbie Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Please keep the tips coming. This is my family's first trip to Dallas as well:)
At NCA one-day last weekend, announcer commented on the huge number of level 5 teams coming, saying they would run from 8am - 9:45pm. Anyone with any insight on at least the division time brackets. Curious as we have a tiny and a Jr 5.

Seems like tiny's are usually sometime in the morning if it works with the other divisions. J5 can be anywhere from early morning to afternoon. My bet would be: Since the arena is basically all level 5 this year, they'll start out with probably youth 5 and possibly a J5 division ideally. Depending on the size of divisions, they may keep going with the other J5 divisions or if they're smaller divisions they may fit in some J5's in the afternoon or late morning in between larger divisions. The really late at night ones will most likely be small senior 5(since there are 800 teams always in that and it runs practically 3pm-9:45pm), and some of the other senior lv 5 divisions with lots of teams.

Wow, sounds like you guys have a LOT of fulls!!! Good luck, what gym are you with? Our tulsa location has a small sr coed 5, small sr restricted coed 5, small sr 3, small jr 3, small yth 2, and small mini 2. We also have a lot of teams coming from our edmond and midwest city locations, including the Obsession med sr lvl 5 team that won worlds last year. They have already won their bid this year, but our tulsa Diamonds are still needing theirs​
@cheerdynasty

im with cheer extreme allstars =] i would tell you what we have but we have 7 different gyms with all kinds of levels =] but yeah there are A LOT of level 5 teams

Wow, can't wait to see you perform!! We will look for your team-large coed 5. My girls and I are so excited to see all these amazing gyms.

Here's the schedule if y'all haven't seen it yet:
http://nca.varsity.com/pdfs/asn_po.pdf

Thanks for all the great advice. I have a small minin lvl 2, small senior lvl 3 coed, and small senior restriced coed lvl 5. We are from twist and shout tulsa so hopefully there are plenty of parents from our three locations that can help me get a seat. And to throw a wrench in all of this, I am the team mom for our snior 3 team. This should be fun. My husband is already prepared to be a single dad in charge of the mini for the day!!

As of right now the times/locations for Twist & Shout Tulsa are:
Small Mini 2= A-Hall @ 9:40 AM
Small Senior 3 = B-Hall @ 3:27 PM
Small Senior Restricted Coed 5 = B-Hall @ 6:14 PM

Looks like a pretty good schedule for y'all! Get to A-Hall when it opens at 8:00AM to get a seat for minis, watch mini 2, then you have time to either go grab lunch or eat lunch you packed while watching some more teams before you grab a seat in B-Hall for the rest of the day! :D You're in a good spot going between A and B-Hall since they're right next to each other and also close to the schedule/results board, the hallway in between A-Hall and the Arena that has TONS of free stuff, and the spirit shop by the entrance!

Please keep the tips coming. This is my family's first trip to Dallas as well:)

At NCA one-day last weekend, announcer commented on the huge number of level 5 teams coming, saying they would run from 8am - 9:45pm. Anyone with any insight on at least the division time brackets. Curious as we have a tiny and a Jr 5.
Tiny's are in E-Hall from 8AM-9:04AM
Jr5's are in the Arena anywhere from 8:38AM-10:02 AM

Prepare to run to catch performances, or have one parent at each if necessary.......E-Hall is a long way from the Arena :/

I think I am going to try to get a cab to take me back to the hotel after our mini's perform. I am the team mom for the lvl 3 and will have to ride the bus from the hotel to the competition with our girls. Anybody have any idea how hard it is to get a cab during NCA? I think it would probably be easier to do that than try to park, then park again when we come back. I hear parking is a nightmare

I think I am going to try to get a cab to take me back to the hotel after our mini's perform. I am the team mom for the lvl 3 and will have to ride the bus from the hotel to the competition with our girls. Anybody have any idea how hard it is to get a cab during NCA? I think it would probably be easier to do that than try to park, then park again when we come back. I hear parking is a nightmare

I'd ask your hotel if they could set up one in advance to pick y'all up at the convention center perhaps.....It would probably be easier than trying to pick one up around the convention center on the spot. Some hotels have shuttles or busses running as well for NCA depending on where you are staying that may be worth looking into.

I would google taxi services in Dallas and have their number in your phone. It made it alot easier for me the last time I went.

Cabs are readily available at both the hotels and the convention center. You will have no issue getting one.

This is also my first year at NCA. And im on a level 5 team in the medium all girl divison. I did compete at worlds last year, but from what i hear, NCA is TEN TIMES more intense. How nervous should i expect to be?

This is also my first year at NCA. And im on a level 5 team in the medium all girl divison. I did compete at worlds last year, but from what i hear, NCA is TEN TIMES more intense. How nervous should i expect to be?
Don't be nervous! Just focus on your team and do your best! That's all you can do!

Back