All-Star Nca Scoring Issues Day 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

the large senior 4a division, please watch all videos of teams and explain placing and scoring to me, I'm still confused. Also don't understand how some level 5 teams can drop 2 stunts and not move in the standings even though the deserve to be bumped out of their place.

the large senior 4a division, please watch all videos of teams and explain placing and scoring to me, I'm still confused. Also don't understand how some level 5 teams can drop 2 stunts and not move in the standings even though the deserve to be bumped out of their place.

I just can't take you seriously with that avatar I'm sorry

Thanks for the link blue cat! Definitely worth looking at :). I didn't realize sportsmanship could deduct! I know many teams that would lose big with that one!!
Now if only some NCA judges read it too. I watched one team that had 2 blatant drops; stepped out of bounds--got a 0 deduction routine and won the division. That's frustrating... Another team earned that first.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Can't comment on the results because I didn't see any of the teams either day, but dang my predictions were way wrong lol All of the teams I expected to be at the top (other than ICE Passion) ended up at the bottom lol some of these teams must have had rough days. Even though they didn't win, Passion is still hands down one of the best level 4 teams I have ever seen

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not sure why you're confused. If the judges gave a team the highest or second highest raw score on both days, and they don't have many or any deductions, they're going to place high. Just because it's not a well-known gym doesn't mean they can't win NCA over the bigger gyms. And yes, I'm a little defensive because my daughter's team won that division and I see you keep questioning the placements. Every team had issues on either day one or two.

Not sure why you're confused. If the judges gave a team the highest or second highest raw score on both days, and they don't have many or any deductions, they're going to place high. Just because it's not a well-known gym doesn't mean they can't win NCA over the bigger gyms. And yes, I'm a little defensive because my daughter's team won that division and I see you keep questioning the placements. Every team had issues on either day one or two.
Aren't they back to back champs too?? They looked amazing, they performed right before my CP's team on day 2. Congrats!!!

the biggest problem i saw all weekend was teams not getting deducted for tumbling issues.(busts, touchdowns) it was an issue last year too...

I feel our team was scored accurately and got the placement they earned (and that has been generally true over our many years attending NCA). I probably wouldn't have even noticed the deduction mistake in our division except that CP mentioned it. We watched a team have a tumble bust and a stunt fall that led to pyramid issues, yet they received zero deductions. Normally, I chalk scoring complaints up to sore losing, but it would be concerning if there's a pattern of similar complaints from the same hall/judging panel.

Back