All-Star Nca Sunday Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There were multiple athletes from coed elite and possibly senior elite on c4 this weekend judging by pictures I've seen. I also saw pictures of Holden and another Coed Elite boy performing with c4 at Cheersport so I'm assuming it's a full season thing.

So a guy who competed a double double when it was legal was on a level 4 team this weekend?... Hmm

^^^^^^

I don't know how many Worlds kids we're talking here but let's be honest, ONE World champ kid bumping down one level is not adding SO much to a team that it becomes a guaranteed jacket.
Oh I know, I was just wondering how that situation would work out. Cheer is a team sport and my coach always tells us that a team is only as strong as their weakest member.So in this case, It dosent matter if you have someone with a double on the team, if the rest of the team cant even do back walkovers then it means absolutely nothing. I know their jackets were well earned and I certainly didnt mean for anything I said to be received in a way in where it would take away from that victory. Those kids are crazy good regardless of whether or not they have worlds level athletes on their team.

Last edited:
^^^^^^

I don't know how many Worlds kids we're talking here but let's be honest, ONE World champ kid bumping down one level is not adding SO much to a team that it becomes a guaranteed jacket.

True, but if it's okay for 1 kid to do it, then it must be okay for 15 of them to do it, which then leads to a team built on higher level crossovers.

I don't follow the makeup of CEAs teams, so I have no clue how many of their athletes cross over and what levels those athletes truly are. But this again brings up the idea of sandbagging, which though not illegal, is frowned upon (by me at least.)

True, but if it's okay for 1 kid to do it, then it must be okay for 15 of them to do it, which then leads to a team built on higher level crossovers.

I don't follow the makeup of CEAs teams, so I have no clue how many of their athletes cross over and what levels those athletes truly are. But this again brings up the idea of sandbagging, which though not illegal, is frowned upon (by me at least.)

I think 1 kid at one level lower is a bit different from say, taking half the guys from Coed and making them C4.

It may have been an injury or an "I need a fill in right now" situation as well.

If you need a fill in for a level 4, the best option for you is (like it or not) a Level 5 kid. You probably aren't going to pull a kid from your (example) Senior 3.

....but I don't want to derail NCA talk with crossover talk!

^^^^^^

Someone mention earlier in a post that about 13 or 15? kids crossover from Coed elite, senior elite, lot etc. to C4.

And the whole example of 'one kid does NOT a whole team make' is perfectly executed on the flipside with this whole Lionheart discussion. These might have been the best individual cheerleaders in their own spots but they do NOT cohesively work together right now. There's no fire, no excitement, nothing. I had hardcore second-hand embarrassment watching them, the kind that hurts your soul. Ugh.

One of the reasons why young people are steered away from things that impact them long-term is because their brain isn't fully developed at that age. Long-term consequences and complexities aren't as easily handled (if at all). An older, more experienced coach would have looked at how this whole situation has evolved and probably would have done things differently. THAT is why so many of us were critical when this whole 'Starting a Program at 17/18/19' came on- because the phrase 'follow your dreams' is outlined in sunshine and rainbows but when the clouds get dark you gotta know how to weather your storms (or be wise enough to know when a storm is brewing).

^^^^^^

We watched C4 at Cheersport and they were amazing but there were at least 4 boys from Coed Elite on C4 and multiple other level 5 crossovers that my daughter recognized from other CEA Level 5 teams.

Back