All-Star Nca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand that sentiment, but I actually have the opposite opinion. I would eliminate at large bids entirely and just offer paid bids. However, let everyone go who wants to.

Worlds isn't prestigious because it is hard to qualify for. It certainly isn't prestigious because of the venue or logistics. Worlds is prestigious because USASF only allows itself to use the term "World Champions" for its event.

None of that changes or takes away from how hard it is to advance to another round, win, or medal, or make finals.

I have been thinking this for few years but never took time to write my opinion. Agree with this! I would make worlds just for paid bid teams. If you are good enough to get paid you are good enough to compete at worlds. I would also make Worlds every other year so for example 2014, 2016, 2018....This would make it even more prestigious

I have been thinking this for few years but never took time to write my opinion. Agree with this! I would make worlds just for paid bid teams. If you are good enough to get paid you are good enough to compete at worlds. I would also make Worlds every other year so for example 2014, 2016, 2018....This would make it even more prestigious

Perhaps I didn't state my opinion clearly. There could still be "paid" bids, but any team could still just sign up and go.

I don't view the main goal to be "do whatever makes Worlds more prestigious". My main goal is to do what I believe is best for our industry and the athletes. I don't think the current bid system is the best option. There are VAST differences in how hard it is to get a bid depending on your region. As an example, I have regularly seen events in Texas where there are more current Worlds medalists competing for bids than there are bids available. You could easily be a top contender and come away with nothing.

i would hate to see worlds go to only people who received paids... personally i dont see that ever happening, because well $$$. But there have been plenty of teams who went to worlds on partial bids and have finished top 5- top 10 or even won.
its the same reason why im not fond of all the specialty comps now a days, its the same top teams again and again. Worlds would lose its appeal if i had to watch the same teams compete year after year.
theres also plenty of good teams that still go worlds not on paid bids, didnt generals go to worlds one year on a partial, and i know cja has gone to worlds in the past on non paid.

Also ive probably asked this question before, but whats the point of grand national champion at NCA. I feel like its the same team or same division year after year. I feel like the way scoring is at NCA it would almost always go to a coed team.

Also ive probably asked this question before, but whats the point of grand national champion at NCA. I feel like its the same team or same division year after year. I feel like the way scoring is at NCA it would almost always go to a coed team.

(Divisions converted to modern equivalent if possible)
  • 2000 CA Jags (Junior All Girl 5)
  • 2001 CA Cheetahs (Open Coed 6)
  • 2002 CA Tigers (Senior Prep All Girl 5)
  • 2003 CA Panthers (Large Senior 5)
  • 2004 SOT (Med Coed 5)
  • 2005 SOT (Med Coed 5)
  • 2006 Georgia All Stars (Large Coed 5)
  • 2007 Top Gun (Large Coed 5)
  • 2008 Top Gun (Large Coed 5)
  • 2009 Top Gun (Large Coed 5)
  • 2010 SOT (Med Coed 5)
  • 2011 CA Wildcats (IOC5)
  • 2012 CA Panthers (LS5)
  • 2013 CA Panthers (LS5)
  • 2014 CheerForce Infinity (IOC5)
  • 2015 Brandon Senior Black (SC5)
  • 2016 Brandon Senior Black (SC5)
  • 2017 CA Wildcats (IOC5)
18 Grand Champions
8 different divisions
6 different programs
10 different "teams"

5 All Girl,
5 mostly female, some male
8 half+ male

Last edited:
Did Cheersport give out any paid bids to International Open teams? If so, how many? Thinking if you are an International team hoping for a paid bid you may be better off going to Cheersport V. NCA.

Did Cheersport give out any paid bids to International Open teams? If so, how many? Thinking if you are an International team hoping for a paid bid you may be better off going to Cheersport V. NCA.
Just one, Rockstar Rolling Stones who won their division. If one of the teams who won an Open 5 division had needed a paid bid, they would have gotten it. That's the key at both of these comps, they have the same/very similar bid declaration.

International teams are eligible for paid at Cheersport, but I believe only eligible for 2 of the 8 available and Cheersport has not awarded paid to an International team very often. I'm pretty sure OO5 had one of the highest scores of bid eligible teams last year and did not receive one. If you have to pay for travel to attend, it is a fairly large risk to take.

Cheer infamous. He was DMing 13-14 year olds and holding social media competitions. He asked for selfies from them and would go to cheer comps without his CPs and try to meet the kids.

While it is disgusting if the intention was anything like many have suggested, it is sad that dads that are involved are often viewed suspiciously. As a Cheer mom I would love to go watch comps with out my CP but wouldn't be seen as creepy for doing it. While at a comp with my hubby a convention center employee told him that they have to watch out for men that may be here to take pics of kids that aren't their own. He was so pissed at the guy as he was only taking pics of my CP. I would hate to have other cheer dads accused because of the actions of a few.

While at a comp with my hubby a convention center employee told him that they have to watch out for men that may be here to take pics of kids that aren't their own.
I think this probably is a real issue for many sports and hope staff has appropriate training to identify those who are truly threats and not go on a witch hunt.
it is sad that dads that are involved are often viewed suspiciously.
In this instance it is his actions that are suspicious, and if other dads behave in an odd manner or display poor judgement I hope they are viewed suspiciously too. My husband takes my daughter to local competitions and I assure you nobody would look twice at him because of his behavior. Similarly our team has a photographer (parent volunteer) who is male and is present for teams that are not his daughter's and he is not given a second look. And honestly, are there really that many dads (or moms for that matter) that go watch comps or pretty much any youth related sport without a personal or professional reason to do so but instead are trying to meet the athletes?

I am glad to see NCA give out world's bids to the top 2 scoring special needs competition teams. That's how it should be done for these teams and shows respect to these hard working athletes. Did cheersport do the same? If not, I seriously hope that they consider awarding the top scoring special needs competition team a world's bid to world's in the future as well.

Back