All-Star Nca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think this probably is a real issue for many sports and hope staff has appropriate training to identify those who are truly threats and not go on a witch hunt.

In this instance it is his actions that are suspicious, and if other dads behave in an odd manner or display poor judgement I hope they are viewed suspiciously too. My husband takes my daughter to local competitions and I assure you nobody would look twice at him because of his behavior. Similarly our team has a photographer (parent volunteer) who is male and is present for teams that are not his daughter's and he is not given a second look. And honestly, are there really that many dads (or moms for that matter) that go watch comps or pretty much any youth related sport without a personal or professional reason to do so but instead are trying to meet the athletes?

I think I am in the loop now. The meeting of athletes certainly makes people uncomfortable but I am not clear as to the reason for the ejection/banning. It seems most are assuming it was for the interest in meeting cheerleaders and such but it was mentioned it was for posting videos. I love cheer but I wouldn't be asking to get pics with anyone as I leave that for my 9 year old.

While it is disgusting if the intention was anything like many have suggested, it is sad that dads that are involved are often viewed suspiciously. . .

I would hate to have other cheer dads accused because of the actions of a few.

Not all dads are viewed suspiciously. Many have very healthy, interaction with their CP and other athletes.

This person was warned multiple times that his actions made people uncomfortable and he chose to ignore it. The company responsible for most competition chose to act on multiple complaints. The cheer anons can have their opinions of protecting children when they have some of their own.

I think I am in the loop now. The meeting of athletes certainly makes people uncomfortable but I am not clear as to the reason for the ejection/banning. It seems most are assuming it was for the interest in meeting cheerleaders and such but it was mentioned it was for posting videos. I love cheer but I wouldn't be asking to get pics with anyone as I leave that for my 9 year old.
See my post above...

I do not support or condone his behaviors of contacting and focusing on minors. With that said after seeing his social media and watching his video I think of Asperger's . I feel counseling and social skills sessions could benefit him.

A diagnosis of AS includes social impairments, such as:

• the lack of social and emotional reciprocity;
  • difficulties in understanding social situations and other people’s thoughts and feelings;
  • tendency to think of issues as being black and white, rather than considering multiple perspectives in a flexible way;
  • frequent tendency to say things without considering the emotional impact on the listener;
  • They usually have an obsessive, consuming interest in one subject, to the exclusion of others. Examples include knowing every fact possible about The Beatles, the Federal Papers, Buddhism, train schedules, cycling, the stock market or Star Trek. Their obsessive interest may even be something that could land them in hot water, such as explosives, deviant sexual interests, computer hacking or firearms. A celebrity (or even YOU) could become their special interest and experience unwanted attention, harassment or stalking. In this situation insert All Star Cheer.

Last edited:

He also set up 2 separate (one on twitter and one on IG) "I Spy" games where he told his 'fans' to hunt down 4 cheerleaders (twitter) and 3 on istagram, @ the picture to him and then hunt for him to win a prize. The mother of one of those girls did not give permission and her child is a minor. Another girl he had tagged for his 'game' was also a minor. I don't know about the others, but I'd assume most are.

A lot of moms are talking about it on Facebook now and tagging mom's of kids they see he's following on social media. Glad something is finally being done and people realize a free shirt is not worth it.

Not all dads are viewed suspiciously. Many have very healthy, interaction with their CP and other athletes.

This person was warned multiple times that his actions made people uncomfortable and he chose to ignore it. The company responsible for most competition chose to act on multiple complaints. The cheer anons can have their opinions of protecting children when they have some of their own.

I think perhaps I overstated or overgeneralized to some extent; however my concern is that dads involved with cheer may be seen as something to be wary of after something like this. I wouldn't allow my CP to wander around a competition alone and I check her social media so while I think most parents would prefer to be over cautious I see that it could possible go to the extreme. No one has ever asked me if it is my daughter's team when I was taking pics or video but they have asked my husband and other dads/coaches at competitions. Clearly any adult should know better than to set up games like these when parents are not involved. I watched the video and understand the parents reaction because I wouldn't take any chances letting my child interact with an adult that I did not know at a competition. Either way I felt sorry for his daughters who will end up involved in this mess. At those ages it would be impossible to shield them from this.

A lot of moms are talking about it on Facebook now and tagging mom's of kids they see he's following on social media. Glad something is finally being done and people realize a free shirt is not worth it.

I understand that many kids have social media accounts today and that is another debate in itself but I do not get why parents don't monitor the accounts. Sharing too much information is never a good thing but some parents allow it and then just say oh well I don't know how to use instagram or twitter, etc. I can't imagine letting my CP give out so much info as to where they will be, when, etc. on a public forum like that. The things people will do to be recognized or get something for free is concerning.

@Sparkle Mom Agree with. The scary part is it is easy to put stuff together. If you know what team someone is on, it is very easy to figure out what comps they attend, what time they compete, etc.

Last edited:
Back