All-Star Nca's Appropriate Choreography Reminder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't get the issue. Have I been in Allstar for too long?

Yes. I quit inviting anyone I know to allstar events a few years back. I had become too de-sensitized to how inappropriate it is in MY CIRCLE (family, friends) and I embarrassed myself when I had people come. So I don't invite friends or post videos on my Facebook wall. My grandmother would be spinning in her grave at what I have allowed my daughter to do. Spinning so fast, that an earthquake would ensue.

In my circle, you get 2 piercings...one in the left ear and one in the right ear AFTER your 8th birthday. Before age 8 and you get the hairy eyeball (it used to be 12, but as you know, the world has changed;) .) A tattoo...only if you are a career Navy sailor. Booty shorts...never. :oops: I understand these are extremes, but there is a big old World out there filled with people who still think along these lines.

That said NEliteSteven , will you be at Indy or NCA? You make me laugh and I want to meet you.

Now this is a perfect example of how much disagreement there would be on this. The music I was sitting here like :eek:...but the dance looked an awful lot like my daughter's first allstar dance - as a matter of fact she did WAY more "booty popping" than that. I didn't really see the dance as that different than most I see? Now the music I would be giving deductions all over the place.

I have to agree with kingston though - I was absolutely FLOORED at the gun part at the end. Who would put that in a CHEER routine?!?!?!?!?!?!?:eek::eek:

I agree. The music choices were a little much for a high school team, but that dance was very tame compared to many all star and even high school dances that I have seen. If anything I can guarantee that they danced worse then that at their high school dances. Call me crazy but I actually liked the dance.

As for the part at the end I am disgusted by it because of my own personal tragedies but that and the music were the only problems I saw with that dance. Not sure oh people can see this as anything compared to the dances we see on the mat at competitions today.

I agree. The music choices were a little much for a high school team, but that dance was very tame compared to many all star and even high school dances that I have seen. If anything I can guarantee that they danced worse then that at their high school dances. Call me crazy but I actually liked the dance.

As for the part at the end I am disgusted by it because of my own personal tragedies but that and the music were the only problems I saw with that dance. Not sure oh people can see this as anything compared to the dances we see on the mat at competitions today.
Me too lol. Thought I was gonna be alone.

Me too lol. Thought I was gonna be alone.

:oops: I'm an OLD mom and I thought it was kinda fierce... :oops:

I was more bothered by the blow your head off move at the end than the gyrating.
agreed! At first I thought I had imagined that part. I guess I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Guess my little mind was being too generous. :eek:

I think it was also the part where they lift up their skirt and show their spanks with words on the butt...somehow I don't think high school girls should be encouraging anybody to stare at their bums that closely..especially at a school-representing event? And I hope these aren't the same people who were upset about girls wearing bikinis at a school-based function lol

Although the first thing that popped into my head was 'That's alright, that's ok. You're gonna pump our gas someday..'

ETA: I didn't have the music on when I first watched it..so I didn't realize how...BUTT-centric the music was? I suppose some people might find that questionable too lol

Girl you're not alone....The music shocked me more than the dancing, and trust me, personally music doesn't bother me in the least bc of my upbringing due to my dad's job..he didn't however, give us the uncensored CD's to the music (oh you know, like to the Little Jon song "get low" :oops:, although that's def not the only song-I caught ALL of them). He would be absolutely mortified if he saw this! Not bc of the music itself, but the way it's used in the dance. We're not talking about 18 yr olds at the club..Most little kids don't know what the lyrics mean to music on the radio, but high schooler's def do! I also feel like it's disrespectful to other parents' children. Some might be ok w/it, but I gather most wouldn't.

I think it was also the part where they lift up their skirt and show their spanks with words on the butt...somehow I don't think high school girls should be encouraging anybody to stare at their bums that closely..especially at a school-representing event? And I hope these aren't the same people who were upset about girls wearing bikinis at a school-based function lol

Although the first thing that popped into my head was 'That's alright, that's ok. You're gonna pump our gas someday..'

ETA: I didn't have the music on when I first watched it..so I didn't realize how...BUTT-centric the music was? I suppose some people might find that questionable too lol

Are you talking about the Rockwall video? If so I must be blind because I have watched it several times and still haven't seen this part.

ETA: Nevermind I just realized it was in the cheer part. Not sure how I completely missed that every time.

Are you talking about the Rockwall video? If so I must be blind because I have watched it several times and still haven't seen this part.
Watch @ :50 ...unless I'M blind. But that's what my eyes and brain are telling me they're doing. Lifting up the girls skirt's and showing spankies with words on the butt and shaking their bums back and forth. I would LOVE to be wrong though...

Watch @ :50 ...unless I'M blind. But that's what my eyes and brain are telling me they're doing. Lifting up the girls skirt's and showing spankies with words on the butt and shaking their bums back and forth. I would LOVE to be wrong though...

I kept missing that part lol. I was looking for it in the dance oppsie.

Back