Need Help With Standing Full

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 12, 2017
I've been working on my standing full for months but only started getting serious about it in February this year. At first it looked like a standing Arabian but I've gotten to the point now where I can spin (almost) all the way around. Every time I try it on the floor I get 3/4 around because I end up falling on the side of my knees and my butt. Standing tuck is good, running fulls and doubles are good, but it seems like there's something I'm just not understanding about standing fulls.

Also, a few weeks ago there was a night I was in the gym on the tumble track. I tried some standing fulls off the end of the tramp into the pit mat (level with the end of the tumble track) and miraculously I landed on my 3rd or 4th attempt. I did the same thing a few more times then left the tramp to tumble on the floor for a little where I found I was just barely missing my attempts at a standing full on the floor. As I was about to leave I hopped back on the tramp and I was frustrated to find I just couldn't land them like I had before! One thing I remember trying from that night on the trampoline was taking a step backward into a standing layout and on the next try I twisted like I would've in a laid-out full rather than coming straight off the ground tucked. I remember that I landed on my feet for the first time ever when I tried this.

Sorry for the long post, I tried to give as much information as possible because I know standing fulls work differently for everyone and I know I have the right basic idea but there has to be something I'm missing. I set a goal about a month ago that I'd have a standing full as well as jumps to full consistently by the end of March, so if anyone could offer tips or point out anything I'm doing wrong to help me achieve my goal that would be appreciated.

A similar thing happened to me I discovered for some reason I was spinning with my shoulders first with standing and not my hip the only reason I could do it on the tumble track was because I would bounce higher so I had longer to spin hope this could help :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back