New Cheer Dad Here---- Need Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cant wait to see the pic so I have something to go off of. My thinking is that she goes to gym for learning, away from gym she wants to practice so I have to get something she can practice on. My wife and I have different thoughts on this and was against me buying the cheerstand, so I didnt. But I want to give my daughter every chance possible to achive her best, and that takes practice. She knows that and loves to practice. I appreciate all the replies here, and look forward to seeing a pic of one so I can build it for her.

i think hers (and your) time would probably be better spent on stretching and conditioning to help her excel at flying, rather than buying costly equipment or building stuff. just my personal opinion. In the air is where the best flying practice occurs and you just can't mimic that. Also, so much is core, squeezing, flexibility and that takes work on the ground. It's not really about balancing on equipment as much as it might seem.

i think hers (and your) time would probably be better spent on stretching and conditioning to help her excel at flying, rather than buying costly equipment or building stuff. just my personal opinion. In the air is where the best flying practice occurs and you just can't mimic that. Also, so much is core, squeezing, flexibility and that takes work on the ground. It's not really about balancing on equipment as much as it might seem.

This is what I was trying to say, except my way made no sense. :D

Hi all, I am a cheer dad and looking for some assistance. My daughter is a flyer. She is a awesome flyer, I love seeing her up in the air doing her thang. But I want her to be able to practice stunts at home. She is bugging me to buy her a stunt stand. Now I dont know about you, but those things are mighty pricey. I have been seeing posts about building one, but I have been unsuccessful in finding directions or specs for one. If any has any pics, specs, etc. I would really appreciate it. I look at it as any way to save money, is a good thing and I can put that towards a private.
Again, thanks.
Wait, did you just say the stunt stands are pricey and we are cheap?;) sorry, had to ask.

Hi all, I am a cheer dad and looking for some assistance. My daughter is a flyer. She is a awesome flyer, I love seeing her up in the air doing her thang. But I want her to be able to practice stunts at home. She is bugging me to buy her a stunt stand. Now I dont know about you, but those things are mighty pricey. I have been seeing posts about building one, but I have been unsuccessful in finding directions or specs for one. If any has any pics, specs, etc. I would really appreciate it. I look at it as any way to save money, is a good thing and I can put that towards a private.
Again, thanks.
12stepCheermom messaged me directions way back, and my dad made it and it turned out great! It's a fun father-daughter project! I painted it all pretty-ful :)

I have heard rolling up a towel works too. Never seen anyone try it though. Can't get any cheaper than that. :)

Hey I think there's a more recent thread but I can't find it!

Basically I wanted something to practice my air positions on, not so much to practice stepping up (a lot of homemade I've seen and things like the flytee are quite high). So I've made my own and it's actually really working for me.

I basically just hunted in our garage and found two bricks that sat on one another real nice, sellotaped them together (I know I was surprised that worked too!) and then because bricks are well, bricky, and didn't want them rub together and leave marks/brick crumbs everywhere, I wrapped it up in tinfoil and then sellotaped that for good measure. It's awesome and does exactly what I wanted. And it cost me nothing and took like 5 minutes!

Instagram

Have a look! It's probably about 4 inches high and it weighs a ton, so it doesn't move or anything when I'm on it :)

I'm a toe-er too so I can practice positions with my foot quite far forward to learn how to stop doing that!

Would love to see other peoples inventions!

Back