New Cheer Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2012
For the past 3 years I have been using Nike Sideline, but since I start college cheer in the fall I figured I should get new shoes as my current ones are getting extremely worn out. I'm thinking about Varsity Spirit II, any opinions on that? Comparison of sizing between Nike and Varsity, if they're good for flying and tumbling, etc. would be helpful!

I'd stick with Nike. Most college teams near me wear them and I just think it's a better quality shoe in general.

just be careful with Nikes because you may not be allowed to wear them to games if a different company sponsors your school.

That's true! I guess that would depend if the school considers cheer a sport or not and if the Athletics' Department pays for their uniforms and equipment. Though if the athletes are having to pay for their own uniform, the Athletic Director(s) shouldn't have a say IMO!

That's true! I guess that would depend if the school considers cheer a sport or not and if the Athletics' Department pays for their uniforms and equipment. Though if the athletes are having to pay for their own uniform, the Athletic Director(s) shouldn't have a say IMO!
Agreed! Unfortunately in my experience, my school was sponsored by Adidas so we couldn't wear Nikes at televised games. :( it was sucky because Nike makes great cheer shoes.

Agreed! Unfortunately in my experience, my school was sponsored by Adidas so we couldn't wear Nikes at televised games. :( it was sucky because Nike makes great cheer shoes.

They really do! I wore Adidas one year and didn't like the look of them, they fit fine as much as I can remember, but ours just looked un-athletic...

Back