High School New Fundraisers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 2, 2011
so i searched the threads and found postings about fundraisers for last year but i was wondering if anyone had any new ideas for this year? i really wanna get some good ones going for our team and things that people will actually try to sell, i feel like im the only person who does the fundraisers and the team funraisers everyone is miserable. We've done the breakfast at applebees and that was okay money, we bag and tag and that is good money, but we need more and some more individual funraisers. Have you ever done flower sales? we do poinsetta's during the holidays and thats a great fundraiser but i think a flower sale for like easter or mothers day would have been really good money. we always sell stupid stuff that noone buys like makeup, sports fan things, hats... we need some good ideas!:)

We fundraise like crazy! Been in season a month and this week we start our 4th one! Have your coach set minimums for each fundraiser, and have rewards for those that exceed it and punishments for those that don't meet it. That is the only way I've found to make those certain few do anything! What is a bag and tag?

Good individual selling fundraisers - little caesars pizza kits (they're amazing & sell great! pizzakits.com) Cookie dough, marble slab/maggie moos/cold stone creamery (they all have the same programs, just do the one closest to you or most popular) sell krispy kreme donuts, or host a team garage sale.

If you want to sell flowers you can sell roses or carnations at school for valentines day. yellow for friends, red or pink for crushes or boyfriends/girlfriends. Thats a long way out though!

We fundraise like crazy! Been in season a month and this week we start our 4th one! Have your coach set minimums for each fundraiser, and have rewards for those that exceed it and punishments for those that don't meet it. That is the only way I've found to make those certain few do anything! What is a bag and tag?

thank you!! and it is when you go to a grocery store that has like a register and then at the end theres a table and thers an employee who bags your groceries or you do it yourself and we go to the bags and we bag their groceries and we have a coffee can out to collect money most people give you it we do it for like 2 hours its really good money! by me we can only do it in a stop and shop store

We are having a bags tournament! It's $20 per team to register. We will have a concession stand plus a split the pot raffle and some other random things going on!

I don't know how well your team can tumble or anything, but my coach was talking about when she was in school she used to do fundraisers at tailgates called "Flips for Tips" It's exactly what it sounds like, you go around doing standing tucks or backhandsprings for money/tips. I really have no idea how your AD would go about this due to safety etc., but it can't be much worse than a basketball floor or a track. We also partner up with local business/sports teams for fundraisers like we have a local basketball, hockey, and baseball teams that we work at games or sell tickets for.

I also read through another thread very similar to this that had a lot of original ideas on fundraising if i find it I'll post it here.

I am starting a fundraising program on personalized / engraved charm silver bracelet ( like Tiffany & Co). One the charm we can engrave the team's name or symbol or a cheer:) I think it's a really cool idea everyone will love. It's universal, fashionable, wearable, and definitely not something you can buy and forget about so it will be easy to sell. This will sell for about $15 each and teams make about 40%. What do you all think?

We do a fundraiser at our gym that makes a lot of money quick... We sell t-shirt sponsorships. For $100, you can get your business name and logo on the back of our competition shirts. This is easy, quick, and pretty cheap for businesses, and it costs us nothing. We also did just the name or a message for $30, so lots of family members bought good luck messages. You can then decide how much you want to go towards the group account, and how much you want to go into individual accounts. Honestly, it's the best fundraiser we have done because it's not selling an overpriced product to people who don't want to buy, and it's good money. All the businesses do is pay and email the logo.

We do a fundraiser at our gym that makes a lot of money quick... We sell t-shirt sponsorships. For $100, you can get your business name and logo on the back of our competition shirts. This is easy, quick, and pretty cheap for businesses, and it costs us nothing. We also did just the name or a message for $30, so lots of family members bought good luck messages. You can then decide how much you want to go towards the group account, and how much you want to go into individual accounts. Honestly, it's the best fundraiser we have done because it's not selling an overpriced product to people who don't want to buy, and it's good money. All the businesses do is pay and email the logo.
we do that and use it as a practice shirt every year, i forgot about it! but its a really good way to make money if you actually try

We do the same! It's our best fundraiser too. We do up the price for logos though: $150 for the logo, $100 for just the business name. Logos are placed at the top so it's better "real estate".

ETA: each girl finds their own sponsors and the money goes to their individual accounts.

Good individual selling fundraisers - little caesars pizza kits (they're amazing & sell great! pizzakits.com) Cookie dough, marble slab/maggie moos/cold stone creamery (they all have the same programs, just do the one closest to you or most popular) sell krispy kreme donuts, or host a team garage sale.

If you want to sell flowers you can sell roses or carnations at school for valentines day. yellow for friends, red or pink for crushes or boyfriends/girlfriends. Thats a long way out though!
You mentioned poinsettas........we have used a great company called Sherwood Forest t Farms hat makes amazing holiday wreaths and other items. We usually pick 4 items to sell and you can set any selling price above the company cost. We sell usually mid October to beginning of Nov. and they r delivered fresh the week of Thanksgiving. we usually make between 5 and 6 dollars per item. The good thing is you are selling them before anybody else and can deliver it to the customer before the holiday season. I have had parents make 100 dollars or more on this one! Good Luck

One idea that allows 100% of the money to go towards your team/program is to host a "kids camp." We did it at my high school and it was a huge success! It was held in August for any K-5th graders in the area and whoever else they wanted to bring. I actually forgot the price but I think it was $30-50 per girl. It was 9am-12pm for 3 days and every team member had to be there (depending on how many--if there weren't too many campers signed up, they could take shifts.. but at least everyone had to be there one day and we usually still had practice afterwards.) We did basic skills like motions, jumps, beginner stunts, etc. and taught them a mini "routine" consisting of a dance and cheer they got to perform for their moms/whoever was picking them up on the last day. It was really fun, got everyone involved and wasn't boring like some fundraisers can be! Moms loved it too because it gave them a little break during the day :)

How about a jewelry fundraising?
I have an exciting team spirit fundraising program that do just that AND raise unlimited amount of money at the same time. It's a women's heart tag charm toggle bracelet with your team's name engraved on it! Super cute and trendy. Is this something your gym can use for the next fundrasing event. :)

One idea that allows 100% of the money to go towards your team/program is to host a "kids camp." We did it at my high school and it was a huge success! It was held in August for any K-5th graders in the area and whoever else they wanted to bring. I actually forgot the price but I think it was $30-50 per girl. It was 9am-12pm for 3 days and every team member had to be there (depending on how many--if there weren't too many campers signed up, they could take shifts.. but at least everyone had to be there one day and we usually still had practice afterwards.) We did basic skills like motions, jumps, beginner stunts, etc. and taught them a mini "routine" consisting of a dance and cheer they got to perform for their moms/whoever was picking them up on the last day. It was really fun, got everyone involved and wasn't boring like some fundraisers can be! Moms loved it too because it gave them a little break during the day :)

We did a Junior camp every year, and since our middle school didn't go away to camp it was required for them to attend. The little girls who cheered in our town always came too so they could use the cheers we taught them in their games.

Back