All-Star New Girl On Stingrays

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow - not sure how I feel about this thread.

Newsflash - just about every L5 Worlds team in Georgia got hit hard this season by kids going to Rays. This includes ACE, ATA, ProCheer, Trinity and even GA. The proof of this is in the fact that ATA is going MedCoed instead of Large, I believe Thunderbirds announced at Small Coed instead of MedCoed and I won't bother to get into the rest.

Honestly, Steel is made up of a lot of kids who've cheered Coed at other gyms so it will be interesting to see how they all mesh and work together. I'm also interested to see how the Rays style measures up to Top Gun and the other big dogs in Large Coed. I'm sure they'll make finals but it's a good thing they're not in this years MedCoed - just saying.

So lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill. I for one have seen little drama being stirred up as most coaches and gyms haven't been posting anything on facebook and Twitter other then great practices etc... Some have even deleted their accounts. ;) And please don't assume that some gym MUST be the one bashing the athletes that left. Just because there was a lot of drama stirred up last season by certain people doesn't mean that gym is bashing anyone. Especially since I'm pretty sure they didn't all last season but you can ask @cheermix17 to be sure.

The particular flyer this thread started about is fairly well known in the state and surrounding areas. She's been with ATA for a while and although I was originally surprised she made the switch, wish her nothing but luck. I'm sure she and all the kids new to Rays will find their old gyms very different, especially as far as allowing them certain freedoms but I could be wrong. No I'm not talking about the "just a number" b.s. people have put out there. Just that I expect Rays to be much stricter with their Worlds athletes then others based on what I've seen.

I for one am looking forward to a better 2013-2014 season in the state. Oh, one last thing. Considering kids have been driving 2 - 3 hours for years to be on a L5 Worlds team, there is no such thing as not counting a gym as part of Atlanta's Cheer world. Newsflash, all the L5 Worlds teams are within 2 - 3 hours driving distance from each other and NONE of them are actually in the city itself.

Ok - so I guess I was bothered by this thread enough to type all this out.

Carry on

ETA - yes I am the car you see in the picture - just call me Herbie - I'll give you bonus shimmies if you can name what kind of car I am and what kind of car Herbie is :cool:

Wow - not sure how I feel about this thread.

Newsflash - just about every L5 Worlds team in Georgia got hit hard this season by kids going to Rays. This includes ACE, ATA, ProCheer, Trinity and even GA. The proof of this is in the fact that ATA is going MedCoed instead of Large, I believe Thunderbirds announced at Small Coed instead of MedCoed and I won't bother to get into the rest.

Honestly, Steel is made up of a lot of kids who've cheered Coed at other gyms so it will be interesting to see how they all mesh and work together. I'm also interested to see how the Rays style measures up to Top Gun and the other big dogs in Large Coed. I'm sure they'll make finals but it's a good thing they're not in this years MedCoed - just saying.

So lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill. I for one have seen little drama being stirred up as most coaches and gyms haven't been posting anything on facebook and Twitter other then great practices etc... Some have even deleted their accounts. ;) And please don't assume that some gym MUST be the one bashing the athletes that left. Just because there was a lot of drama stirred up last season by certain people doesn't mean that gym is bashing anyone. Especially since I'm pretty sure they didn't all last season but you can ask @cheermix17 to be sure.

The particular flyer this thread started about is fairly well known in the state and surrounding areas. She's been with ATA for a while and although I was originally surprised she made the switch, wish her nothing but luck. I'm sure she and all the kids new to Rays will find their old gyms very different, especially as far as allowing them certain freedoms but I could be wrong. No I'm not talking about the "just a number" b.s. people have put out there. Just that I expect Rays to be much stricter with their Worlds athletes then others based on what I've seen.

I for one am looking forward to a better 2013-2014 season in the state. Oh, one last thing. Considering kids have been driving 2 - 3 hours for years to be on a L5 Worlds team, there is no such thing as not counting a gym as part of Atlanta's Cheer world. Newsflash, all the L5 Worlds teams are within 2 - 3 hours driving distance from each other and NONE of them are actually in the city itself.

Ok - so I guess I was bothered by this thread enough to type all this out.

Carry on

ETA - yes I am the car you see in the picture - just call me Herbie - I'll give you bonus shimmies if you can name what kind of car I am and what kind of car Herbie is :cool:

If the car in the picture is Herbie, then is Herbi an AC Cobra? Are you really a car? :D

Okay, I've read through all 5 pages and still have no clue who this thread is about.

tumblr_m0sjmvkn2p1qbfhw2.gif

Maybe I'm making an incorrect assumption here, but it seems like 1) Many (if not most) athletes on big-name teams came from another gym at some point, and 2) this season has not only seen a huge rise in people changing gyms but moving hundreds, thousands, of miles to do it.
There's not a single part of me that can figure out why an athlete switching from ATA to Rays is something to get all these spankies in a twist about.

Maybe I'm making an incorrect assumption here, but it seems like 1) Many (if not most) athletes on big-name teams came from another gym at some point, and 2) this season has not only seen a huge rise in people changing gyms but moving hundreds, thousands, of miles to do it.
There's not a single part of me that can figure out why an athlete switching from ATA to Rays is something to get all these spankies in a twist about.
PREACH!

Back