All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did we NOT discuss this with the whole stupid BUTBT/ASC name changes? BRANDING IS CRUCIAL TO A BUSINESS. You REBRAND when you want to change something/have a fresh new start. You don't rebrand when things are fine, especially to a name of a competitor.

That's like Cheer Athletics opening a gym in Utah and calling it California Cheer.

This is also why I'm tempted to start a side business teaching all this.

Did we NOT discuss this with the whole stupid BUTBT/ASC name changes? BRANDING IS CRUCIAL TO A BUSINESS. You REBRAND when you want to change something/have a fresh new start. You don't rebrand when things are fine, especially to a name of a competitor.

That's like Cheer Athletics opening a gym in Utah and calling it California Cheer.

This is also why I'm tempted to start a side business teaching all this.
I will say, while UA North has an excellent name for themselves, they've struggled to get their other locations to succeed. I cannot understand it, because their main is awesome. But since I've lived here I think they've opened and closed 2 or 3 UA South locations.

So maybe sticking a different name on it will help? (especially this particular different name)

Wish they'd used CCR's location though, because that was more convenient for ME, which is obviously important.

I will say, while UA North has an excellent name for themselves, they've struggled to get their other locations to succeed. I cannot understand it, because their main is awesome. But since I've lived here I think they've opened and closed 2 or 3 UA South locations.

So maybe sticking a different name on it will help? (especially this particular different name)

Wish they'd used CCR's location though, because that was more convenient for ME, which is obviously important.

Part of the issue with opening a gym in the south suburbs has been the fact that school cheerleading is HUGE in the area. Lockport, the 4 Lincolnway schools, Providence, Marist, Sandburg, Joliet West etc, etc are all highly competitive, well respected programs. They have very little coaching turnover (and when there is a change it is a smooth transition...usually) so people know what they are getting. You also have to remember that cheering for one's school is also a huge deal in that area...Most of the football programs are outstanding so kids enjoy cheering for their school.

I think a gym would be better served to really develop their youth and junior level teams and market itself as a "feeder" program for all of these schools...then get those kids back in the gym on a partial season team after the HS season is over...A gym that marketed and built itself that way would make a KILLING in the south suburbs.

I don't understand CT opening a location so close to their other PA one, especially when the PA location has been struggling the past few years.

Maybe they are merging with a gym, or moving their Mechanicsburg gym to Harrisburg? Who knows actually, the original poster wasn't too clear

Maybe they are merging with a gym, or moving their Mechanicsburg gym to Harrisburg? Who knows actually, the original poster wasn't too clear

They merged with Puma Allstars. However they are opening a new gym somewhere in Harrisburg. This will be seperate from the Mechanicsburg location.

Latest posts

Back