All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Posted on Facebook earlier today
107qiaa.jpg

Looks like they're monopolizing in a way, running the gym under rockstar staff but keeping the cheer savannah branding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how I'm taking it as well. From my two year experience with them a gym that becomes affiliated with Rockstar does take on the Rockstar name and colors. The Friday before One Up in Nashville it was announced that a gym in Columbia, Odyssey, was now Rockstar Columbia. I know they are planning to paint and redo so their colors match the Rockstar ones. From my recollections that is also how it was done last year at Rockstar in Florida. Maybe because Cheer Savannah is an already well known name they are keeping it? I'm not sure. I'm a parent and not in the know. I certainly can't comment on the logistics of any of it.

That's how I'm taking it as well. From my two year experience with them a gym that becomes affiliated with Rockstar does take on the Rockstar name and colors. The Friday before One Up in Nashville it was announced that a gym in Columbia, Odyssey, was now Rockstar Columbia. I know they are planning to paint and redo so their colors match the Rockstar ones. From my recollections that is also how it was done last year at Rockstar in Florida. Maybe because Cheer Savannah is an already well known name they are keeping it? I'm not sure. I'm a parent and not in the know. I certainly can't comment on the logistics of any of it.
I wonder if it will continue as Cheer Savannah for a season, make gradual changes throughout the season, then make the full switch over so that the parents don't get scared and run away.

I wonder if it will continue as Cheer Savannah for a season, make gradual changes throughout the season, then make the full switch over so that the parents don't get scared and run away.

I don't know. Maybe. I think they are a pretty big gym in terms of athletes. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Not sure if this is the right thread it even if the legitimacy of the statement, but I heard that there will be no more Charlotte All Stars next season. Is there any truth to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were at a comp today with Cheer Savannah. I took an unofficial poll of a few of the parents, hey, I'm interested. They are excited. They understand they are staying Cheer Savannah. Their understanding was staff collaboration was the long and short of it, change is a good thing, they can't wait and are looking forward to it. I asked three different sets of folks at three different times. When CS shows up, there is a ton of them there, they kept sitting near me, I asked how they felt. All positive.

I really wonder why they're closing. They've always seemed so successful, and their teams are highly competitive (pretty sure they had some Summit winners last year). I know Atlanta's thriving with world class cheer gyms, but they were holding their own.
I think even if you have great coaches and an ample client-base you need a great gym director on -site. Not all great coaches will make great gym directors. ACE Atlanta started with a great gym director; you could see that even though office work kept him busy when he did walk out on the floor he knew immediately what needed to be done with each team. That type of presence builds energy in the gym.

Back