All-Star New Level Of Choreography

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did anyone else hear a very familiar voiceover in there? "it's about time for the former champs to return"
My mind is blanking so I honestly can't remember what it's from. But I immediately noticed that! Always got the cheer music on the brain :rolleyes:
GymTyme Plantinum 10/11!!

Imagine training for this... full out one more time! Amazing stamina and gorgeous pyramids. I kinda loved that they all wore the same thing too.

Did anyone see that they were sponsored by Samsung!!!!

I live in Korea and Samsung being #1 of the top 3 companies, they sponsor a lot of events. I can't go anywhere without seeing the Samsung name. I was watching the Korean news and they were showing a VARSITY cheer competition here in Korea. I tried to find it on google but could not. Maybe I can find it now since it has been a week since the news program.

That was really incredible. I guess that's level 6? Or do they have levels in the same way as in the US?

I bet none of them ever complain about not having enough room/space to tumble...

Coming from the Philippines

1. There are 2 trends about cheer here in our country.

a. First is the traditionally adapted CHEERLEADING from the U.S. This is hosted by the National Cheerleading Competition [NCC] where my team participates. The traditional 2:30 min routines, all 5-6 sections present. Individual elements are judged. "Normal" cheerleading uniforms. Nothing too crazy. Any school [HighSchool/College] can participate.

b. Second is what we call CHEERDANCE or CHEER & DANCE. It is cheerleading in structure but modified in a lot of ways. Basically the routine is longer [5 mins-8mins max]. The time for each routine originated with the fact that this competition is held in one of the biggest domes here in our country. Real expensive in production, so producers might want the teams to show a lil bit more to compensate [basically for a longer show]. This event is hosted by the University Athletics Association of the Philippines [UAAP] and is participated by the Top 8 Universities in the country. Technically, every university is a member, but universities who live near the capital [Manila] participate [the rest can't afford to travel halfway around the country just for a game of basketball]. University should be able to send a basketball team to be able to send a cheer team. The vid above is an example of CHEER & DANCE. There is more emphasis on Dance and creative floor routines. More like Cheerleading & Dance combined. By the way, teams who participate in CHEER & DANCE have also participated in CHEERLEADING. This type uses THEMES to pop out. Cultures across the country were used, even Korean-pop, and some old myths in our country. So less restricted in technicals, put on a show . . .and stick with your theme is what this is all about.

2. Leveling of cheer skills here in our country is kinda inconsistent with the levels created for the U.S. The vid above [FEU] is a college team. Basically in the U.S., that is entitled for Level 6 skills. Pyramids and stunts are getting there but gymnastics and tumbling are a struggle. We don't have Cheerleading Gyms here in our country. Not too many tumbling/gymnastics gym. If youre lucky to be in a university which has a gymnastics program, then maybe u can tumble. But if not, u need to learn it urself or pay really big for training. Right now, Pyramids and Stunting are in Level 6 but Gymnastics and Tumbling [i think right now] will never get past Level 5.

3. That vid was a HALFTIME performance. UAAP adapted the correct dimensions for floor during the real competition.

4. It's sad and unfortunate that some of the teams here in the Philippines don't invest in music and would rather rip-off mixes from the U.S. It's painful to see them do it that way since this competitions are seen on television here in our country and voiceovers like "ACE Warriors" or "There can be only one, T-O-P-G-U-N" and "Cheer Athletics" pops out of nowhere. They can have all the non-cheer people fooled . . but cheer followers and cheer enthusiasts are growing in population . . so a lot of them will and can notice.

Cheerleading in the Philippines, i say, just started. and it will continue to grow.

There are also a couple of big names/companies who sponsors the whole event. Basically, there's a bid. Whichever company gives the best offer wins.

P.S.: That year, when SAMSUNG was the sponsor . . . every single member of the winning team got a SAMSUNG PHONE for free. The other year, Samsung released a SAMSUNG MP3 Player for every single member of the winning team.

This was the CHAMPION from last year.
The University of the Philippines.
This was their POPSTAR/MADONNA Theme
They basically dyed their hair to get the full effect.

Back