OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just showed the girl I worked with :banghead: and :deadhorse: and explained how we really need these for our emails with our employees and clients. She wholeheartedly agreed.

Were you unaware if the hours when you accepted? or did you think you could handle it and then realized you couldn't?

I'm not being facetious. When I accepted my current position I was unaware that it required every other Saturday hours...and it sucks.

Right when school started I got my first job (I was 16 at the time) working at the gas dock at a yacht club near me...they didn't tell me I'd be working 8 hour shifts every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. EIGHT HOURS. And 6 hours on weekdays. Literally they expected me to be there at 3:30 straight from school and get off at 9:30. I was like hellloooo I have homework. So I quit after 2 weeks.

Right when school started I got my first job (I was 16 at the time) working at the gas dock at a yacht club near me...they didn't tell me I'd be working 8 hour shifts every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. EIGHT HOURS. And 6 hours on weekdays. Literally they expected me to be there at 3:30 straight from school and get off at 9:30. I was like hellloooo I have homework. So I quit after 2 weeks.

How old are you? I know here there are laws about how long a minor can work... Even in college I got a job at a clothing store, and the first day they were like "You have to leave at 9:00 pm...and I asked why and they said because you're under 18...and I said...I'm 19...and a Junior in college? and they were like "Oh".. I quit after two days anyway....because I don't like clutter and it was a Burlington Coat Factory store... where people plunder around and make messes. Couldn't deal with it.

Anyway... I don't know what the exact law is in SC (because I didn't get a job in high school)...but I do know that my 17 yr old sister was recently hired at Chick Fil A and while she worked a lot during Christmas break... now that school is in she doesn't work more than 15 hrs a week. Ditto for her friend that works at a grocery store. In fact the only "school night" they let her work is Friday.

Edit. Just looked it up 16/17 is exempt from hourly restrictions. Bummer.. I'm sure my parents would freak if ole Chick Fil A tried to make my sister work like she had 3 kids to support back at the house..

How old are you? I know here there are laws about how long a minor can work... Even in college I got a job at a clothing store, and the first day they were like "You have to leave at 9:00 pm...and I asked why and they said because you're under 18...and I said...I'm 19...and a Junior in college? and they were like "Oh".. I quit after two days anyway....because I don't like clutter and it was a Burlington Coat Factory store... where people plunder around and make messes. Couldn't deal with it.

Anyway... I don't know what the exact law is in SC (because I didn't get a job in high school)...but I do know that my 17 yr old sister was recently hired at Chick Fil A and while she worked a lot during Christmas break... now that school is in she doesn't work more than 15 hrs a week. Ditto for her friend that works at a grocery store. In fact the only "school night" they let her work is Friday.

Edit. Just looked it up 16/17 is exempt from hourly restrictions. Bummer.. I'm sure my parents would freak if ole Chick Fil A tried to make my sister work like she had 3 kids to support back at the house..

I turned 17 within that 2 weeks I worked there. It was really really awful. I enjoyed the work but I wasn't willing to let my grades slip senior year and thankfully my mom agreed it was too much.

I may or may not have gotten a little bit bored in class..
BARp5EPCMAAl9Ci.jpg:large

Guys... I don't want to go to practice today. Like, I don't mind the practice, but I do mind the drive in rush hour. It's gonna take me like 3-4 hours... Then I get to drive home at like 10PM and not get home till after midnight.
I want to move back in the dorms....

one water I drink throughout the day is a big pitcher of water with about half a lemon thinly sliced, about 1 tsp of ground ginger, and some mint leaves. and other one is a pitcher of water with an apple thinly sliced, ice, and 1 cinnamon stick or 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon. You have refrigerate them for a few hours before drinking them. I like to switch these with regular water sometimes and it just flushes all the toxins out. I found both of those recipes on pinterest.

My friend and I did another 3 day detox juice cleanse. She lasted all 3 days, but I didn't :oops:. I needed to eat and chew lol.
What The Sparkle: The Not-Too-Crazy Detox

one water I drink throughout the day is a big pitcher of water with about half a lemon thinly sliced, about 1 tsp of ground ginger, and some mint leaves. and other one is a pitcher of water with an apple thinly sliced, ice, and 1 cinnamon stick or 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon. You have refrigerate them for a few hours before drinking them. I like to switch these with regular water sometimes and it just flushes all the toxins out. I found both of those recipes on pinterest.

My friend and I did another 3 day detox juice cleanse. She lasted all 3 days, but I didn't :oops:. I needed to eat and chew lol.
What The Sparkle: The Not-Too-Crazy Detox
I've seen that juice one.. no way! The bath detox seems interesting though. Also with the waters, can you eat through the day with those?

Back