OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
AWESOME!! Thank you!!

BTW - I saw your tweet about the Facebook account, is that account trying to contact your friends? That's a new spam technique spammers have come up with.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone An Apple a Day Keeps the Android Away
Wait...what?

Our photographer FINALLY posted some pictures from our wedding on facebook! YAYYYY!

2yl7bid.jpg

Guys Beyonce just released 20 more dates for her tour and this means 2 things.
1. She has 2 months between the end of her current dates and the start of her new date to release a new song or album
2. She's coming to Toronto the day after my birthday.
This sounds like 2 good things except I DON'T HAVE MONEY OMG SAD
The concert is AMAZING!! I missed the beginning though but the rest was like incredible! Get tickets if you can :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

lol. lucky them at least they are not working....maybe they all did what I should have done today.....not come to work. Go to the beach.....or something, just not be here today.....Today I am sad :(

I'm sorry, I can only imagine how you feel with your daughter going away to college. I can remember my mother telling me it was like grieving when I went away even, though it was only 30 minutes away! All I can say as someone who hasn't had the experience is to be proud of not only your daughter, but in yourself for getting this far. I hope it gets easier!

Ugh. I don't know what to do about my ankle. I sprained it over a year ago (march or april 2012) doing a standing tuck on a wedge, I landed with one foot on the mat one foot off. I went to urgent care and they x rayed it, said nothing was wrong, just a sprain. I took some time off and then got back into cheer... but it still hurts. I can walk on it and everything. But when I tumble/jump the landing HURTS like if I do more than a round off backhandspring I get this terrible pain and limp my way off the mat. So I've taken multiple breaks but nothing helps! And if I tumble, say yesterday, then all day today my ankle would hurt. Even if I'm sitting around all day. I've got a super brace on it (lace up plus velcro around) but it doesn't help much, and I've gotten really fed up with my ankle hurting ALL. THE. TIME. This time last year I had a layout, working fulls. Now I struggle with bhs-tucks, partially because I know it'll hurt when I land, and partially because I just can't work them 90% of the time.
I'm not sure what I should do - resting it hasn't helped, braces haven't helped, ibuprofen/tylenol hasn't helped... IDK If I should get it checked out again? I mean they said nothing was wrong last time and I can walk on it and kind of tumble (painfully) on it but I feel like it shouldn't still hurt 14 months later?

Ugh. I don't know what to do about my ankle. I sprained it over a year ago (march or april 2012) doing a standing tuck on a wedge, I landed with one foot on the mat one foot off. I went to urgent care and they x rayed it, said nothing was wrong, just a sprain. I took some time off and then got back into cheer... but it still hurts. I can walk on it and everything. But when I tumble/jump the landing HURTS like if I do more than a round off backhandspring I get this terrible pain and limp my way off the mat. So I've taken multiple breaks but nothing helps! And if I tumble, say yesterday, then all day today my ankle would hurt. Even if I'm sitting around all day. I've got a super brace on it (lace up plus velcro around) but it doesn't help much, and I've gotten really fed up with my ankle hurting ALL. THE. TIME. This time last year I had a layout, working fulls. Now I struggle with bhs-tucks, partially because I know it'll hurt when I land, and partially because I just can't work them 90% of the time.
I'm not sure what I should do - resting it hasn't helped, braces haven't helped, ibuprofen/tylenol hasn't helped... IDK If I should get it checked out again? I mean they said nothing was wrong last time and I can walk on it and kind of tumble (painfully) on it but I feel like it shouldn't still hurt 14 months later?
Have you seen an orthopedist or had an MRI? It may be something with the tendon or ligament which will not show up on an x-ray. I would strongly suggest finding an orthopedist who specializes in the foot and ankle.

I'd suggest going back to a doctor/A&E (not entirely sure how the system works over there) for another X-ray or MRI. A surprising number of my friends have been taken to hospital when they've injured their ankle to be told it's a sprain, then found out (generally by accident during an unrelated scan) that it had actually broken.

I'd suggest going back to a doctor/A&E (not entirely sure how the system works over there) for another X-ray or MRI. A surprising number of my friends have been taken to hospital when they've injured their ankle to be told it's a sprain, then found out (generally by accident during an unrelated scan) that it had actually broken.

I think if I go back and it's broken, I'll probably laugh. I mean I've walked around for 3 weeks with a broken arm, why not a year on a broken ankle? thanks!

Back