OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Cheer Athletics are now charging ($20) for you to go watch their Level 5/6 NCA showoffs?
I don't think I agree with this.
I get that its a business blah blah blah but it just seems a little... iffy to me.

You should pay to see professionals, not children doing an amateur sport.

Cheer Athletics are now charging ($20) for you to go watch their Level 5/6 NCA showoffs?
I get that its a business blah blah blah but it just seems a little... iffy to me.

Maybe it's only for non-family in the gym? I can't imagine trying to stuff all the family who pay thousands of dollars for their kids to cheer and having to fight with guests who don't even go to the gym in order to get a spot to see their kids. It would certainly deter the casual observer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Maybe it's only for non-family in the gym? I can't imagine trying to stuff all the family who pay thousands of dollars for their kids to cheer and having to fight with guests who don't even go to the gym in order to get a spot to see their kids. It would certainly deter the casual observer.

"All Worlds teams will show off on Friday. There will be a $20 entry free for spectators as we feel that this will help cut down on parking and crowding issues. A portion of all funds collected will go towards the athletes trips to Worlds. All Worlds athletes will be given one wristband for free entry into the show-off for one family member or friend but other spectators will be required to pay the entry fee"

So basically Mom can go but Dad, sister, brother and the grandparents are either sitting at home or coughing up $100 to watch 8 routines.

The money is going to the worlds teams to help cover some of the cost to get to worlds. I guess they figured if they're gonna have so many spectators it might as well benefit them? $20 seems like a lot to me, but they also have a lot of teams going to worlds.
@sisdog you do need a bid. Depending on what place you got your bid at, your registration fee changes. A 5th place bid team is going to pay quite a bit more than a first place bid team. And if you place below 5th you can't get a bid

Going craaaaaaaazy right now! Girl X just randomly quit the team. Almost the beginning of our comp season. And now we're short on girls :'( I can really cry right now. It's not like we're that big of team to have people jumping to fill in open spots. So basically we're in big trouble. I don't understand such bad sportsmanship... The other girls are so disappointed as well. It's really sad. (Posted this here since I needed to vent this and didn't really know where else to post)

The money is going to the worlds teams to help cover some of the cost to get to worlds. I guess they figured if they're gonna have so many spectators it might as well benefit them? $20 seems like a lot to me, but they also have a lot of teams going to worlds.
@sisdog you do need a bid. Depending on what place you got your bid at, your registration fee changes. A 5th place bid team is going to pay quite a bit more than a first place bid team. And if you place below 5th you can't get a bid

I'm glad if they are taking money it's (well a "portion of" apparently) is going to the good cause of helping the kids Worlds trip, its the taking money in the first place that sits a little iffy with me.
Seem's very much in the best interests in the business of CA and not with the best interests of the families of the CA Worlds teams children who are having to pay to see them at a showoff, which essentially should be FOR the families (if they can't attend NCA for example).

I'm glad if they are taking money it's (well a "portion of" apparently) is going to the good cause of helping the kids Worlds trip, its the taking money in the first place that sits a little iffy with me.
Seem's very much in the best interests in the business of CA and not with the best interests of the families of the CA Worlds teams children who are having to pay to see them at a showoff, which essentially should be FOR the families (if they can't attend NCA for example).
Yeah I didn't realize until after my post that families are paying too (minus one). My brothers, sister, and dad never come to my competitions because well, a, they're busy, but b, admission is expensive. Showcase is where they get to see me and it's like the only time all season (aside from videos) so it would suck if they had to pay $20 each. That would be $100. I think if everyone could request the # of passes for their family and everyone else paid it would be fair. I don't mind them charging random spectators.

Yeah I didn't realize until after my post that families are paying too (minus one). My brothers, sister, and dad never come to my competitions because well, a, they're busy, but b, admission is expensive. Showcase is where they get to see me and it's like the only time all season (aside from videos) so it would suck if they had to pay $20 each. That would be $100. I think if everyone could request the # of passes for their family and everyone else paid it would be fair. I don't mind them charging random spectators.

Completely agree with this!

Yessss Boston College!!! Just beat Syracuse. Wooo!!

We had a good run and we had to fall at some point :p 25 wins in a row, that's insane. Do you know how hard it is to be a Cuse fan this season lol? BC was crazy with those 3 pointers though! Congrats, I was blown away by that! I'm pumped for the rematch against Duke now.

We had a good run and we had to fall at some point :p 25 wins in a row, that's insane. Do you know how hard it is to be a Cuse fan this season lol? BC was crazy with those 3 pointers though! Congrats, I was blown away by that! I'm pumped for the rematch against Duke now.

They got so lucky a couple of games and bc has had zero luck all season. I'm happy for them! But it does suck for Syracuse. My boyfriend and I are sitting here watching tv and randomly we keep saying "bc just won. What." Haha it's great!!

They got so lucky a couple of games and bc has had zero luck all season. I'm happy for them! But it does suck for Syracuse. My boyfriend and I are sitting here watching tv and randomly we keep saying "bc just won. What." Haha it's great!!

Oh yeah, we did get lucky. We definitely were not supposed to win the last two games. Someone was making deals with the devil. Especially the last one. I was at the game that night I was so beyond confused walking out how we won since I saw the ball not go in and I didn't hear the goal tending call lol.

I'm glad SU lost to BC though and not another team, your coach made some very nice statements about the adversity the team went through all season, so this must feel so good to them. Someone was definitely looking down on them tonight. I'm just glad we aren't going into the tourney undefeated because our boys would go in with such a huge head. I'm hoping this knocks them down a few notches and makes them start playing cleaner. In a way this was a blessing to both teams!

Oh yeah, we did get lucky. We definitely were not supposed to win the last two games. Someone was making deals with the devil. Especially the last one. I was at the game that night I was so beyond confused walking out how we won since I saw the ball not go in and I didn't hear the goal tending call lol.

I'm glad SU lost to BC though and not another team, your coach made some very nice statements about the adversity the team went through all season, so this must feel so good to them. Someone was definitely looking down on them tonight. I'm just glad we aren't going into the tourney undefeated because our boys would go in with such a huge head. I'm hoping this knocks them down a few notches and makes them start playing cleaner. In a way this was a blessing to both teams!

Yeah that goal tending one was crazy. I didn't think it was but I don't know much about basketball haha. Yeah it's never a good idea to go undefeated I've learned that the hard way in playoffs. Syracuse is awesome though!

Back