OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm bothered by the fact that Taylor Swift is in The Giver.

I don't necessarily dislike Taylor Swift. Homegirl has some hits, But she was tragic in Valentines Day

I'm just not here for her ruining The Giver with her presence.

In other news. Please think positive thoughts for my moms bracket. She's still in it to win it and I promise not to forget y'all when I become a millionaire

But now that I look up I see that Harvard is starting to act basic...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Wait, what?! T-Swift is in The Giver? Yikes. I wasn't a fan of the trailer and hear this makes me start to be even more less excited. Positive thoughts for your moms bracket! Mine is ehhhh, but none of my favorite teams are in so I didn't put much thought into it.

Oooo girl, you thought I was gonna remember y'all with some money? Uhhhh I just meant imma remember y'all just like imma remember the alphabet....

Jk. I got you

You better hook me up with some Bey VIP at minimum if you get rich. I'll do the same for you if I get rich don't worry

I don't necessarily dislike Taylor Swift. Homegirl has some hits, But she was tragic in Valentines Day

In other news. Please think positive thoughts for my moms bracket. She's still in it to win it and I promise not to forget y'all when I become a millionaire

Katie Holmes is in the movie too, so there's one I'll be skipping..
Let's not cast Merryl Streep in a movie surrounded by horrendously horrible actors (that one boy is cute a.f though) and hope that will save this movie.

You better hook me up with some Bey VIP at minimum if you get rich. I'll do the same for you if I get rich don't worry

I got you.

I'll prob just get a Beyoncé private concert for my birthday and you can come.

Anyway guys. Harvard won. Now I Ask that you all hope for a Oregon victory.

Wait, what?! T-Swift is in The Giver? Yikes. I wasn't a fan of the trailer and hear this makes me start to be even more less excited. Positive thoughts for your moms bracket! Mine is ehhhh, but none of my favorite teams are in so I didn't put much thought into it.

Yeah she's in the trailer for half a second. She has red hair.

I still haven't forgiven whomever cast Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. Worst. Casting. Ever.

So, yeah, that's the extent of my intellectual reading: Jack Reacher books. Don't judge.

;)

@HeresAThought Lol I hear you. I sometimes love a classic... But I also love a 25 cent Danielle Steel 1980s relic from the thrift store. And I don't say I love books that I don't love (ftr I actually do love Pride and Prejudice - I'm reading it now because we just talked about it) And I'm not reading books I don't want to read either, no matter how many people love them and no matter how many times amazon tells me to (I'm talking to you, Art of Racing in the Rain and Light Between Oceans)

I laugh when I read People and they ask celebrities what they're reading and they say the most absurd things that we all know they're not reading.

Right now I'm alternating books. I'm trying to read some of the books you're "supposed" to read in life, not so much because I love them, as much as because my kids are reading them for school and I'm feeling like I just... should. You know... In case I'm ever on Jeopardy. :rolleyes: Then I switch back to a quick murder mystery/thriller that I can read in a day.

I also have over an hour commute every day, so I get a lot of reading done. I can't read the same types of books all the time, so I switch from classics to trashy romance to James Patterson. Anything that keeps me from falling asleep on the train is good enough for me.

I feel like we have pretty similar thoughts about reading. I've been trying to reread a lot of books from HS because I feel like I just should. Plus, I think some are actually really good and I just wanna know what they're all about, haha. I just really like to read. Like it's taken me over a year to finish Anna Karenina and I'm still only 80% finished, but I read the Divergent series in a weekend. Idk i'm off topic, haha

But, since I think we have similar styles/tastes do you happen to have any recommendations? I saw one of your later posts about TFIOS and it's actually pretty good! I had zero expectations reading it though.

The same people that suggested Gone Girl to me also suggested The Fault in Our Stars. Sooooooooooo... Add that to my list of things I'm NOT reading.

Never read Secret Life of Bees, but I just saw the movie for the first time a few weeks ago. I loved it! Maybe I'll try the book too.

I'm reading Petals on the Wind right now. Yes, the V.C. Andrew's classic follow up to Flowers in the Attic. Which I also have on my kindle but did not reread. I don't think I've read either of these since maybe 8th grade. If I download If There Be Thorns, it may be time to take my kindle away.

The Fault in Our Stars - I did enjoy. Both my teen queens loved it so I figured I'd check out what they were talking about. No regrets on reading it but it was not life changing; maybe if I was 13-16 it would have more of an effect. I will see the movie though and I will cry, I can tell you that now.
Perks of Being a Wallflower - on par with The Catcher in the Rye for me. Dislike both.

Gone Girl - only gets good in second half; it becomes a completely different book. Not a terrible read; I borrowed it on my kindle from the library.

My favorite two series of all time are the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and The Bronze Horseman series by Paulina Simons (a very recent addition to my "must keep on kindle" list). I am also a big Jane Porter fan (not the romance novel ones but modern chick lit books) and Ellen Hopkins who is both a YA and adult writer.

I'm reading Petals on the Wind right now. Yes, the V.C. Andrew's classic follow up to Flowers in the Attic. Which I also have on my kindle but did not reread. I don't think I've read either of these since maybe 8th grade. If I download If There Be Thorns, it may be time to take my kindle away.

The Fault in Our Stars - I did enjoy. Both my teen queens loved it so I figured I'd check out what they were talking about. No regrets on reading it but it was not life changing; maybe if I was 13-16 it would have more of an effect.
Perks of Being a Wallflower - on par with The Catcher in the Rye for me. Dislike both.

Gone Girl - only gets good in second half; it becomes a completely different book. Not a terrible read; I borrowed it on my kindle from the library.

My favorite two series of all time are the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and The Bronze Horseman series by Paulina Simons (a new addition to my "must keep on kindle" list). I am also a big Jane Porter fan (not the romance novel ones but modern chick lit books) and Ellen Hopkins who is both a YA and adult writer.
I remember watching Flowers in the Attic on tv once when I was younger. Didn't know it was a book! I'll have to read both of those.
I also didn't like Catcher in the Rye when we had to read it in school. I remember their was this girl in band with me and she wore this shirt that said "Holden Caulfield thinks your a phony" about once a week and it always bugged me lol

I remember watching Flowers in the Attic on tv once when I was younger. Didn't know it was a book! I'll have to read both of those.
I also didn't like Catcher in the Rye when we had to read it in school. I remember their was this girl in band with me and she wore this shirt that said "Holden Caulfield thinks your a phony" about once a week and it always bugged me lol
Not only was it a book, but I think I may have the original editions at my mother's house in a closet somewhere. The cover had a cut out in it, and you opened it to see a really creepy picture (drawing, not actual photo) of the characters. They just did a remake of it (the original was terrible) on either Lifetime or TLC, and I read that it got such good ratings that they are now planning on making Petals on the Wind into a made-for-tv-movie as well. I think the series was a trilogy and then there was a prequel written as well.

I reread Catcher in the Rye about 10 years ago to see if I really didn't like it or if maybe my perspective had now changed since I was much older than the first time I read it, but no. Still didn't like it. I still couldn't care less where the birds went in the winter ;).

I had to read "The Catcher in the Rye" either the summer before 8th grade or the summer after 9th grade. I really wanted to like it because my mom liked it. Anyway that's not what this story is about.

I checked it out from the library in 99 or 98....

I didn't return it until the spring semester before I finished grad school so....2010.

I owed $94 in fines. (there were a few other books out with it)

I figured it was time to turn it over and pay up in case I ever applied for a job in that system. .....YOLO.....

I had to read "The Catcher in the Rye" either the summer before 8th grade or the summer after 9th grade. I really wanted to like it because my mom liked it. Anyway that's not what this story is about.

I checked it out from the library in 99 or 98....

I didn't return it until the spring semester before I finished grad school so....2010.

I owed $94 in fines. (there were a few other books out with it)

I figured it was time to turn it over and pay up in case I ever applied for a job in that system. .....YOLO.....
Wow $94 in fines haha that's crazy!

Latest posts

Back