OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Just a little rant... Shout out to my school for the short notice on senior pictures (the ones for the yearbook in those fake gowns). They obviously didn't plan on telling anybody because we only found out 5 minutes ago because one of the parents went by the office today... Like hello, you can't tell us today that we need to schedule an appointment for next Monday or Wednesday. Some of us need our dreadful roots touched up & eyebrows done :endrant:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just a little rant... Shout out to my school for the short notice on senior pictures (the ones for the yearbook in those fake gowns). They obviously didn't plan on telling anybody because we only found out 5 minutes ago because one of the parents went by the office today... Like hello, you can't tell us today that we need to schedule an appointment for next Monday or Wednesday. Some of us need our dreadful roots touched up & eyebrows done :endrant:

Do you have to use those pics in the yearbook? We get to use our own senior pics or our school pic

Do you have to use those pics in the yearbook? We get to use our own senior pics or our school pic

Yes we do. It's tradition. Not many people here get senior pictures done, not everyone has the money for it. But I will still be getting normal senior pictures done.... If I can ever decide between fall or spring to get them done in

Yes we do. It's tradition. Not many people here get senior pictures done, not everyone has the money for it. But I will still be getting normal senior pictures done.... If I can ever decide between fall or spring to get them done in

Interesting! everyone here gets them in fall so that they can get it in the yearbook. Of course not everyone gets senior pics here but the yearbook staff will take a few pics of you for free if you can't afford it so you don't have to use your school pic.

My school did that for the cap and gown. We take the drape pictures in the summer too, but Lifetouch sends a reminder to our house about a few weeks before. You can always reschedule, and it's done on multiple days so you can really go when you want to. They did make ups sometime during the school year.

Cap and Gown pics had no promo and literally no one knew about them. I ended up retaking mine about two weeks later.

We got info about scheduling our senior pictures at the end of school junior year. Then we were on our own to schedule and take them over the summer. I believe they were free to take and you only paid if you ordered your own copies or did shots in other outfits besides the traditional drape thing. Then if you didn't take them over the summer there was a make up session during underclassmen pictures in the fall.

We got info about scheduling our senior pictures at the end of school junior year. Then we were on our own to schedule and take them over the summer. I believe they were free to take and you only paid if you ordered your own copies or did shots in other outfits besides the traditional drape thing. Then if you didn't take them over the summer there was a make up session during underclassmen pictures in the fall.

When I was at Flora they sent you a card before school was out your junior year with your time and date...which was for about a week after school got out. So you'd see people from school whilst posing with your tacky feather boa and looking awkwardly over your shoulder with the rose.

When I was at Flora they sent you a card before school was out your junior year with your time and date...which was for about a week after school got out. So you'd see people from school whilst posing with your tacky feather boa and looking awkwardly over your shoulder with the rose.

Yep, I remember going (to the place in the shopping center way down Trenholm by Dent Middle) and seeing a mix of Flora kids plus a bunch of others from the district. Guess they knocked everyone out in the first few weeks.

It wasn't really popular to get extra senior portraits done on your own back then, but I can see that's changed now. Everyone I know graduating high school soon has albums full of senior shots.

Our kids only get to use the school pictures. For the girls it is the black drapped top and the boys wear some kind of tux cape. You can bring your own outfits and pay extra to have those shots but they are not put in the yearbook.

Senior pictures as described on here are somewhat akin for me to the Texas mum phenomenon. If I was not on here I would be blissfully unaware of their existence.

Our kids only get to use the school pictures. For the girls it is the black drapped top and the boys wear some kind of tux cape. You can bring your own outfits and pay extra to have those shots but they are not put in the yearbook.

Senior pictures as described on here are somewhat akin for me to the Texas mum phenomenon. If I was not on here I would be blissfully unaware of their existence.
See we don't even do fancy school pics with the tux thing and the draped top. So that whole deal is like the texas mum thing for me :D We just get our school photo for our ID when we pick up our schedule, so we're wearing whatever we feel like putting on that day. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors usually actually try for those but most seniors don't since they know it's not actually going in the yearbook.

See we don't even do fancy school pics with the tux thing and the draped top. So that whole deal is like the texas mum thing for me :D We just get our school photo for our ID when we pick up our schedule, so we're wearing whatever we feel like putting on that day. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors usually actually try for those but most seniors don't since they know it's not actually going in the yearbook.
I like the uniformity of the senior picture pages, but other than that, my wallet is happy that our school district does not have the tradition of senior pictures. Our underclassmen wear whatever they want for their pictures. I did spend a little extra nad had some shots taken of her in a cap and gown as well, but nothing else.

So its my turn to rant. My grandfather sold me his car for way cheaper than he should've because he's my grandfather. I didn't even have my permit by that point, so my brother decided he could drive it when he wanted to. Well, in April, he crashed it. Before I got to drive it at all. My grandmother gave me her car recently since he totaled my other one. Well, my brother's car went into the shop a couple of days ago and I told my mom that he could drive it while he didn't have his, purely because I wouldn't be able to stand him staying here complaining about being stuck here and how he hates it so much and blah blah blah. It just goes on and on. And what do you know, now the car won't start. What are the odds (when both of the cars he's driven have had the same exact problem)? *note the sarcasm

My school did that for the cap and gown. We take the drape pictures in the summer too, but Lifetouch sends a reminder to our house about a few weeks before. You can always reschedule, and it's done on multiple days so you can really go when you want to. They did make ups sometime during the school year.

Cap and Gown pics had no promo and literally no one knew about them. I ended up retaking mine about two weeks later.
Off topic but my dad owns Lifetouch

Yep, I remember going (to the place in the shopping center way down Trenholm by Dent Middle) and seeing a mix of Flora kids plus a bunch of others from the district. Guess they knocked everyone out in the first few weeks.

It wasn't really popular to get extra senior portraits done on your own back then, but I can see that's changed now. Everyone I know graduating high school soon has albums full of senior shots.

I doubt anyone went out an posed on train tracks and what not when I graduated

Teryn didn't do them when she graduated last year. Doubt she even mentioned it.

Back