OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My poor Larry was dying. I didn't even trade it in, I donated it cause the potential tax deduction was worth more than I would get for it. I put $2k in it in the last 2 years, and it was going to need more work, so I was more or less forced into the new car.

My insurance premium didn't really change with the new car. I still had full coverage on Larry (I'm an idiot for that btw), so my rates stayed the same. I'm also old enough that my age isn't so much of a factor anymore. NJ is impossible with insurance rates, I can't even imagine what a new driver with a new car would be.

My car was named Ernie (he was orange....my 97 Sunfire was green and named Kermit....my current car is blue and I initially named her Cookie Monster in keeping with the Sesame Street theme...but then one day he did a weird shake, and I changed the name to Lamar Odom....but also sometimes I call it Blue Ivy...identity crisis going on).

I went from a 2 door to a 4 door and thought it'd make a difference with Esurance.....I'm also over 25 with nothing on my driving record...but nope. Esurance is just expensive.

My car was named Ernie (he was orange....my 97 Sunfire was green and named Kermit....my current car is blue and I initially named her Cookie Monster in keeping with the Sesame Street theme...but then one day he did a weird shake, and I changed the name to Lamar Odom....but also sometimes I call it Blue Ivy...identity crisis going on).

I went from a 2 door to a 4 door and thought it'd make a difference with Esurance.....I'm also over 25 with nothing on my driving record...but nope. Esurance is just expensive.
My first car was Huey (Red 92 Mercury Topaz). Larry was a plum 01 Civic. My new car (14 Nissan Altima) doesn't have a name yet, but feels like a boy...so he's baby boy for the time being.

My first car was Huey (Red 92 Mercury Topaz). Larry was a plum 01 Civic. My new car (14 Nissan Altima) doesn't have a name yet, but feels like a boy...so he's baby boy for the time being.
May I suggest Adam? Lol, my brother, Adam, designed the doors on your car :)

When I got my license I had a 96 neon. My insurance for just liability was 172 a month. Its gone down every year. About two years ago I got an 04 neon. My insurance is now at about 70 a month.

$172 for just liability!? Goodness. That's more than what Esurance wanted for my Forte.

I got a 2011 Chevy Malibu from Carmax with about 15k miles on it 6 months before I got my license. I was originally supposed to get my moms old 06 Tahoe, but gas prices went up & I drive an hour each way to cheer 3 days a week.

Also freaking about the fact that I have to have a round off tuck by first comp

my car now is named Kermit!!! :) it's the BRIGHT green color ford escape (2012, so the SUV version not the new crossover version.) my previous altima was that like mystic-y green color and his name was Shrek. i feel like i have to have a green vehicle for the rest of my life. it wouldn't be right to have another color. or to not name my car after a green, fictional character. fiona? hulk? franklin (the turtle)? i'm ready for them.

and when i got my SUV my insurance went down significantly because it had a MUCH higher safety rating than the older altima. next year i'll be 25 and hopefully it'll go down a little more. my driving record (knock on wood) is spotless.

my car now is named Kermit!!! :) it's the BRIGHT green color ford escape (2012, so the SUV version not the new crossover version.) my previous altima was that like mystic-y green color and his name was Shrek. i feel like i have to have a green vehicle for the rest of my life. it wouldn't be right to have another color. or to not name my car after a green, fictional character. fiona? hulk? franklin (the turtle)? i'm ready for them.

and when i got my SUV my insurance went down significantly because it had a MUCH higher safety rating than the older altima. next year i'll be 25 and hopefully it'll go down a little more. my driving record (knock on wood) is spotless.
I vote for Leonardo over Franklin. Way more bada$$ lol

Also freaking about the fact that I have to have a round off tuck by first comp
Good luck!!!! I kinda want to start working on one but I haven't tucked in like 2 years lol it would be a miracle for me to start throwing it.

A lot of the girls I cheered with got roundoff tucks in just a few days... Hopefully it will be the same with us ;)

I'm 19 and have a 1998 Honda Accord that's still in good condition (except for the few dents I've put in it sadly). My grandfather who lives in Florida and drives minimally was buying a new car and gave the old one to my family. Half a year later I got my license and it became my car. My parents purchased a 2002 version of the same car in a different color, also in great condition and for a low price, that my mom drove until my brother got his license and she got a brand new Honda CR-V. My dad drives our 2001 Honda Odyssey that used to be my mom's and has over 280,000 miles on it. We are a Honda family.

But back to the topic, my parents would never have bought me a new car, nor should they have given my driving track record. I do, however, know kids whose parents have bought them a brand new BMW or a Mercedes before they can legally drive it alone. One totaled their car within a year and the other is having no problem keeping the car in excellent condition. I guess it all depends on the kid, their driving skills, and ability to be responsible.

Latest posts

Back