OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
we live the same life. except my professor escaped cuba (really. she told us that story on the first day of class) and it was physics. i didn't understand physics as it was and i most definitely did not understand her accent. to make it worse, the class i signed up for was a geometry based physics, but the class members (who were clearly much smarter than me) requested she teach calculus based physics... and she did. before i'd ever taken calculus. :rolleyes: after getting F's on the first few quizzes, i ended up dropping the class and taking it at community college over the summer.

this semester i have visceral pathology with a professor with an extremely heavy indian accent. she is the tiniest, sweetest, most adorable woman i've ever met (she assisted in a few of my past labs) but i don't understand a word she says. i'm already afraid. and she just talks so dang fast.

We really do have the same life. I had a Indian teacher for my physics class - physics of light and color. It was interesting and it was basically about light waves and rainbows. His accent was so awesome to listen to but hard to understand. But like your teacher he was so sweet and adorable. He reminded me of an Indian Santa Claus. My calc teacher had a very thick German accent and after taking 6 years of German in Highschool I could finally understand my foreign professor! Unfortunately he was really, really smart and could easily jump around while doing equations which made it extremely hard to follow along and learn. But he was adorable. Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, super smart, and had the prettiest smile. I had the biggest teacher crush on him :p I'd always see him and his 3 year old daughter walking around the farmers market and I'd melt. I feel like no matter what, foreign teachers are always gonna be a struggle to understand. Good luck this semester!

Has he never heard of the phrase "grading on a curve"? 60s on CS exams were not that uncommon for us.

What a loon.

Right? 80s were treated as 100s and 60s weren't that bad in all my other CS classes and they all had curves but this guy refused to curve us.... Until the end of the semester when no one had an average above a 70 so he was kinda forced to curve it to look like he was actually teaching us. The last month was a struggle and he made it clear he was very frustrated with us. I don't know who didn't want to come to that class more- him or us. It wasn't even difficult stuff compared to the other classes, it was just SQL and .asp pages, but he just couldn't teach it. Google was my best friend that semester.

I just switched out of a class to a new professor because my original had a very quiet, heavy, thick Italian accent. Very difficult to understand. Her "rate my professor" rankings were very subpar.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So uh, hi guys! Long time no post it feels... Been busy with college cheer and now doing recruitment! It's so much fun! I forget who some of the other greeks on here are but I know for sure @cheeeeer93 @cheerKT are greek. Today was philanthropy day. Yesterday I dropped Alpha Chi Omega and today the only one that called me back was Kappa Alpha Theta but they're who I wanted anyways so I'm happy :)

Rate my professor.com was a gift sent from heaven when I finally discovered it after a year and half of torturous professors. I never sign up for a class now without going on that site.

I LOVE this website when I'm picking classes. I just wish there was also a "rate my course" website as well that rated what actually goes on during the course/course work besides just the professor

Yeahhhhh, but when no one scores above a 70, the problem is probably the professor, not the students.

In any case, I'm just a programmer. There's always google if I need to look something up :p

I passed precalculus because of the curve, as did many A+ students, some of whom are at some very prestigious. By far the worst math teacher I've ever had, and the one teacher that across the board no students liked. She had a rich bf and was never in class but on trips. One time she was gone for a week (we had block schedules) and if our sub didn't teach us the new material we would've been screwed because she gave us the test on her first day back in class.

we live the same life. except my professor escaped cuba (really. she told us that story on the first day of class) and it was physics. i didn't understand physics as it was and i most definitely did not understand her accent. to make it worse, the class i signed up for was a geometry based physics, but the class members (who were clearly much smarter than me) requested she teach calculus based physics... and she did. before i'd ever taken calculus. :rolleyes: after getting F's on the first few quizzes, i ended up dropping the class and taking it at community college over the summer.

this semester i have visceral pathology with a professor with an extremely heavy indian accent. she is the tiniest, sweetest, most adorable woman i've ever met (she assisted in a few of my past labs) but i don't understand a word she says. i'm already afraid. and she just talks so dang fast.

I did spanish immersion so accents are so easy to me, but Cuban accents are my favorites. My favorite spanish teacher was from Cuba. My chem teacher was from Egypt with a thick accent but I loved her, she was hard but a push over and had favorites. I quickly became one of the favorites and dare I say the grade showed.

My HS football team is beating a conference team 40-0.........

This happens never. Like we got beat from the T.C. Titians (from the movie) 74-0 and our county rival 84-0. Last season was our first 'winning' season in 20 years because we won 3 games. But traditionally we suck so this is cool.

Then again a neighboring HS is on ESPNU...

My HS football team is beating a conference team 40-0.........

This happens never. Like we got beat from the T.C. Titians (from the movie) 74-0 and our county rival 84-0. Last season was our first 'winning' season in 20 years because we won 3 games. But traditionally we suck so this is cool.

Then again a neighboring HS is on ESPNU...

How fun! Did you go home for the weekend?

Seriously I feel like every week I have some new story about football season. Anyway, tonight we had a lightning delay, so everyone had to go inside. Well, even though we were the away team, we still found the gym and practiced. One of my teammates was ineligible, so he couldn't cheer. Because he couldn't cheer or jump or stunt or anything like that during the game, he wore navy cargo shorts. Well, we were practicing our hello cheer and we have 2 jumps in it. We knew he'd be okay, because we weren't actually cheering during the game. He did a toe touch and his pants ripped. It was seriously hilarious. "The best; no doubt. This is our year!" "I just ripped my pants!" I can't stop laughing every time I watch the videl

Latest posts

Back