OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Im just surprised at how much they jumped in a year! My eye doctor told me it would probably stabilize when I was about 23.... If it keeps jumping by 1, I'll be -11.5 and -11.75, is that even a thing?
Mine stabilized in my early 20s and have been progressively getting better ever since. I'm down to a -1.75 and -2.25 when both eyes were -6.0 or worse as a teenager.

if you want to house swap for a week or two come jan/feb let me know. i'm sure i'll need some sunshine and you can build snowmen!

i've decided that the single thing i hate about the town i currently live in is not the cold or the snow... just lack of sun. the fact that the sun is never out is so depressing. from January to June I could actually count the truly sunny days on my fingers. it's so gloomy and you just never want to leave your bed! i have no idea if all of upstate is like this or i just live in a terrible location lol only 2 and a half years til i can live wherever i want!! in the meantime, if the weather app is right, next week we'll officially be in the 30's at night.
Kind of universal to the area you are in. On the plus side the fall foliage colors can be awesome on a cool crisp morning. Especially looking out over one of the lakes.

Eta: I can't remember, have you been through a winter yet?

Last edited:
What part of NJ do you live in? I'm around your area (by about an hour or two, I live near PHL)

NJ is perfect and sunshine-y! I'm currently trapped in upstate NY for school lol but when home, with my mom i'm in ocean county and with my dad in monmouth county!

Kind of universal to the area you are in. On the plus side the fall foliage colors can be awesome on a cool crisp morning. Especially looking out over one of the lakes.

Eta: I can't remember, have you been through a winter yet?

Yes, i moved up in January in the middle of a blizzard so i was thrown right in! i don't even mind the snow or cold it's just so dark here lol I lovvvveeee the leave changes and the nature up here is phenomenal! I made it a goal to hit all the waterfalls in the area at least once. there are just so many! I guess I'm just so used to truly experiencing all 4 seasons in NJ and up here (temperature-wise, at least) it's winter or summer. 30 or 80 and no in between. (side note, i was told by the locals that was the worst winter they experienced in a very long time.. so it's possible i just picked a bad year to judge the area on)

Edited for size. Yes, i moved up in January in the middle of a blizzard so i was thrown right in! i don't even mind the snow or cold it's just so dark here lol I lovvvveeee the leave changes and the nature up here is phenomenal! I made it a goal to hit all the waterfalls in the area at least once. there are just so many! I guess I'm just so used to truly experiencing all 4 seasons in NJ and up here (temperature-wise, at least) it's winter or summer. 30 or 80 and no in between. (side note, i was told by the locals that was the worst winter they experienced in a very long time.. so it's possible i just picked a bad year to judge the area on)

You are also in a valley area that may have more cloud cover due to the hills and such. If you ever get the chance go walk around the Cornell College campus. Lots of waterfalls in the Ithaca area.

You are also in a valley area that may have more cloud cover due to the hills and such. If you ever get the chance go walk around the Cornell College campus. Lots of waterfalls in the Ithaca area.

Yes, that's probably a large factor in it. I know we miss out on lake effect snow for the most part thanks to the lakes, but it creates a fog on top of the lack of sun.

I hiked the Taughannock Falls this summer and Watkins Glen and Letchworth. it's all so pretty. I've gone to ithaca a few times (actually prior to moving up here) to eat. the whole town is a culinary masterpiece. so they're are definitely a lot of positives and i don't hate it up here as much as i pretend to lol. I'd also like to get the Lucifer Falls before it gets too cold and school picks up so maybe in the next week or two!

Yes, that's probably a large factor in it. I know we miss out on lake effect snow for the most part thanks to the lakes, but it creates a fog on top of the lack of sun.

I hiked the Taughannock Falls this summer and Watkins Glen and Letchworth. it's all so pretty. I've gone to ithaca a few times (actually prior to moving up here) to eat. the whole town is a culinary masterpiece. so they're are definitely a lot of positives and i don't hate it up here as much as i pretend to lol. I'd also like to get the Lucifer Falls before it gets too cold and school picks up so maybe in the next week or two!
There are some awesome wineries around as well, if you are of age and like that kind of thing and with you being between 2 lakes it is pretty easy access to multiple wineries. Winter themed wine tastings are coming up so if you get a ticket (included multiple locations) you could get some good food sampling sot go with the wine.

I just came here to ask if you've been to any of the major waterfalls over there but now I see that you have :p My friend and I hiked those three last summer - Letchworth was my favorite by far! I hear its even more beautiful in the fall when all the leaves change. Did you go up on those railroad tracks that go across the Upper Falls? If not, you should definitely go up there next time (just ignore the fact that you aren't actually supposed to be up there hehe ) It's quite a view, you can see Upper and Middle falls and a lot of the gorge. That place is so huge, I guess they call it the Grand Canyon of the East for a reason!

I always feel so inadequate when southerners come into the restaurant I work at.

We specialize in barbeque that's smoked on premise. We also have seafood that tourists typically opt for, but occasionally a southern couple will order our barbeque and hardly touch it. I always cringe when they order ribs or baked beans. I try and sway them towards seafood as much as possible.

I always feel so inadequate when southerners come into the restaurant I work at.

We specialize in barbeque that's smoked on premise. We also have seafood that tourists typically opt for, but occasionally a southern couple will order our barbeque and hardly touch it. I always cringe when they order ribs or baked beans. I try and sway them towards seafood as much as possible.

I think BBQ is a very regional thing and people are really picky about it. I wouldn't take it personally. Your restaurant sounds great though. BBQ and seafood? I'd be in heaven!

I think BBQ is a very regional thing and people are really picky about it. I wouldn't take it personally. Your restaurant sounds great though. BBQ and seafood? I'd be in heaven!
Haha I don't take it too personal.. just when it reflects on my tip. I personally LOVE the bbq, but I've never really had it down south.

The seafood is great. Lobster l, scallops and mussels caught fresh less than five miles from the restaurant. It's a pretty nice place to eat I think :)

If you're ever in Maine during the summer come check it out!

Haha I don't take it too personal.. just when it reflects on my tip. I personally LOVE the bbq, but I've never really had it down south.

The seafood is great. Lobster l, scallops and mussels caught fresh less than five miles from the restaurant. It's a pretty nice place to eat I think :)

If you're ever in Maine during the summer come check it out!

who goes to maine and doesn't eat lobster?!

Latest posts

Back