OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
IM SO UPSET. I got my housing for this semester in school and it is awful.

First off, I requested a single bedroom living facility. I absolutely refuse to share a bedroom with someone. What did they do? Put me in a shared bedroom apartment. The apartment was my first choice, but shared bedroom was my ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT. I told them to put me in a living center (significantly smaller and less convenient than an apartment) with a single bedroom before putting me in any type of shared bedroom.

Secondly, I am rooming with three girls, all of which are best friends already. Two went to the same school and the other they've known since 2012. I learned all of this from FB stalking lol. Plus from the looks of it we have NOTHING in common. Like nothing. We have done none of the same sports, we dont have similar majors, don't like the same books, movies, music NOTHING.

I'm trying to get switched to a single bedroom but my school is awful with these sort of things.

Worst possible situation. I am just annoyed to no end

Basically the same thing happened to me this past year. I was out with 4 girls who were BFF from the last year. At first you'll feel strange (sorry just being honest) it will feel like you're at their sleepover for a week or so. But remember it is YOUR room too. you have to remember that! Super important I can't stress it enough! Lay down some rules (when are you cleaning, what's the rule with dishes in the sink, etc.) as soon as you all move in. I actually became pretty close with one of the girls in our room of 5. Remember you don't need to be best friends, just be able to coexist. Try to do group dinners with them it is an easy way to bond (you all have to eat at some point!).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Basically the same thing happened to me this past year. I was out with 4 girls who were BFF from the last year. At first you'll feel strange (sorry just being honest) it will feel like you're at their sleepover for a week or so. But remember it is YOUR room too. you have to remember that! Super important I can't stress it enough! Lay down some rules (when are you cleaning, what's the rule with dishes in the sink, etc.) as soon as you all move in. I actually became pretty close with one of the girls in our room of 5. Remember you don't need to be best friends, just be able to coexist. Try to do group dinners with them it is an easy way to bond (you all have to eat at some point!).

I think I will be good w coexisting! My roommates last year were awesome and we had so much in common so I'm a little bummed. I def expect it to be awkward at first, more so bc theyre all friends. I'm more upset than anything that they gave me a shared room instead of a single, but I emailed them about it so hopefully it all works out for the best. Thanks for the advice!! :)

The good news is, being best friends with your roommate is not usually a good idea. That means that as long as you're friendly with these girls you should be good. I enjoyed my years where I wasn't BFF with my roomie because it meant you didn't always need to be chatting, gossiping, hanging out... you could have alone time even if that person was in the room.

Totally agree with this. All of the semesters where I wasn't rooming with one of my best friends seemed a lot more relaxing. It was always so stressful rooming with people who you're super close to.

The good news is, being best friends with your roommate is not usually a good idea. That means that as long as you're friendly with these girls you should be good. I enjoyed my years where I wasn't BFF with my roomie because it meant you didn't always need to be chatting, gossiping, hanging out... you could have alone time even if that person was in the room.

Yep. My best roommates in college were with girls I was only acquaintances with before living together. Whenever I lived with a friend we wanted to kill each other.

I'm starting a diet tomorrow and I REALLY hope I can stick to it. I want to lose at least 50 pounds. I've always had a hard time sticking to diets and I just need this time to be different lol

Does anyone have any really good low calorie recipes?? I've been looking at Pinterest but I don't really know how reliable that is.

ToneItUp.com — Tone It Up with your trainers Karena and Katrina, fitness and lifestyle trainers! <---- there is also a community you can join & they post weekly workouts as well.... love it

Got my industrial pierced today... Holy (insert swear word here) this is some next level pain.

I'm starting a diet tomorrow and I REALLY hope I can stick to it. I want to lose at least 50 pounds. I've always had a hard time sticking to diets and I just need this time to be different lol

Does anyone have any really good low calorie recipes?? I've been looking at Pinterest but I don't really know how reliable that is.

You're in college/college-aged right? I'm a part of this awesome organization called CHAARG and its all meant to help college women create healthy lifestyles and learn to love health and fitness/find a way to implement it into your life that works for you! It started at Ohio State and there are now 14 chapters I wanna say? We don't have it at my school, but this past semester they started a virtual membership so I got that and I love it! We have "chaargies" that like hold us accountable to our goals and there's a Facebook group just for virtual members to connect with each other. Honestly it's the greatest organization I've ever been a part of so definitely look into that! ---> chaarg.com

Does anyone have any ideas for how to incorporate cheer or yearbook in my senior photos? We are trying to think of some but it's harder than I thought it would be :)

Back