OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Do you have any designer outlet stores in in your area?Maybe she buys them at outlet stores for a cheaper price and then jacks up the price a bit for the resale group to make a little profit?
Maybe so. We do so that is certainly a possibility! It's just so strange to me. There was some stuff I liked but I was afraid to buy it in case it was hot.

Does anyone else have local resell groups on their Facebook?
I do and anyone can post stuff to sell. It's like a bigger version of a garage sale but a smaller version of eBay.
There's one for my area and most people post legit stuff. But there's this one lady that constantly posts brand name, high end items that have never been used/worn etc. I suppose she could just have a shopping problem. But I have to wonder if she's getting a 5 finger discount with the sheer amount of stuff she posts. Does that sound fishy to anyone else? I just find it really odd to have so many expensive things (often more than one of the same thing) for sale. I don't think she's selling items like a vendor would because her posts have things like "smoke free home" included.
We have one for our neighborhood and one of my friends posts new with tag stuff all the time. She will buy a $150 coach bag on sale for $100, sell it for $120 and make a small profit. Since it's only our neighborhood, there's no shipping costs and no seller fee (like EBay). She's just a really good shopper and hits sales with coupons.
There's a chance you're seeing a 5 finger discount, but people who know her would most likely catch on and say something. Stuff like that doesn't stay hidden for long. Maybe she has great friends/husband/sugar daddy that likes to treat her and it's not her taste?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We have one for our neighborhood and one of my friends posts new with tag stuff all the time. She will buy a $150 coach bag on sale for $100, sell it for $120 and make a small profit. Since it's only our neighborhood, there's no shipping costs and no seller fee (like EBay). She's just a really good shopper and hits sales with coupons.
There's a chance you're seeing a 5 finger discount, but people who know her would most likely catch on and say something. Stuff like that doesn't stay hidden for long. Maybe she has great friends/husband/sugar daddy that likes to treat her and it's not her taste?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I need in on this...

I'm so done with this work week. Seriously.

It's been so crazy. We had a pretty big earthquake while I was working a few nights ago, and dealing with the residents after was just insane. Plus I had to worry about whether my 100 year old house was still standing.

Then just now I almost stepped on a scorpion, and I feel like my whole body is itchy and I'm kinda scared to reach in my purse, in case there's another one.

And I don't even get any snuggle time this morning. :mad:

I've been waking around 11 AM and now I have school tomorrow and I'll wake up around 7 AM.... Why didn't I change my sleep schedule like the past years?
I think that is the life of many teens this week! My cp rarely got up before 12 this summer. Lucky for her she had babysitting today and yesterday at 8:30 so she is on track for school tomorrow!

Does anyone else have local resell groups on their Facebook?
I do and anyone can post stuff to sell. It's like a bigger version of a garage sale but a smaller version of eBay.
There's one for my area and most people post legit stuff. But there's this one lady that constantly posts brand name, high end items that have never been used/worn etc. I suppose she could just have a shopping problem. But I have to wonder if she's getting a 5 finger discount with the sheer amount of stuff she posts. Does that sound fishy to anyone else? I just find it really odd to have so many expensive things (often more than one of the same thing) for sale. I don't think she's selling items like a vendor would because her posts have things like "smoke free home" included.

Not a resell group, but I was literally just having this same thought on eBay. Some things are certainly counterfeit/coming from china... But I was looking at new lululemon gear and this one seller had a pretty high amount of lulu all with tags, never worn and thorough pictures of them, so they're certainly real.... The description stated: I'm moving and cleaning out my closet. How does one have this many pairs of never worn, $90 pants they just forget about in the back of their closet? Part of me felt like she has to have worked for them and took them or something because she was also selling them for dirt cheap.

I did buy two pair because it was fate that they were my size and $30... But I still think it's somewhat odd. She could have made so much more $$ off of them. Especially if she paid for them. I'm going with sugar daddy bought them for her. At least that's what I'm telling my conscience.

I have bought things that I knew once when I had them in my hands that they were fake. I reported the seller and got my money back.

One time they thought my mom was selling counterfeit purses on eBay (she wasn't) so they suspended her account

If you buy something from an eBay seller who stole the item, could you get in trouble with the law when it has surfaced it was stolen?

I think you're protected. I did investigate the girl and she was also selling 30+ pairs of very high end shoes all clearly worn a couple times, so I'm thinking she just has money to spend and it really is possible that you forgot about all the lululemon in the back of your closet. Or she and the sugar daddy broke up and she's getting some money. Either, or.

I think you're protected. I did investigate the girl and she was also selling 30+ pairs of very high end shoes all clearly worn a couple times, so I'm thinking she just has money to spend and it really is possible that you forgot about all the lululemon in the back of your closet. Or she and the sugar daddy broke up and she's getting some money. Either, or.

If my sister and I put together all the clothes we've bought and never worn (I am the Queen of buying things that don't fit because "they'll fit soon, once I lose more weight") we'd easily have enough to be suspected of having stole it all.

I buy a LOT of stuff on eBay. When I see someone with 10 of the exact same brand new lancome eye palettes, I'm pretty sure they stole them. When I see someone with a ton of unopened but different lancome products, I assume they work for lancome and are selling all the freebies they never used.

There are sooooooo many ways to get large quantities of something - stealing is one. But so is working for these companies, liquidation sales, sugar daddies, buying stuff over time and then cleaning out the old closet, etc etc etc.

I just buy it and hope for the best. :oops: A good deal is a good deal...

If my sister and I put together all the clothes we've bought and never worn (I am the Queen of buying things that don't fit because "they'll fit soon, once I lose more weight") we'd easily have enough to be suspected of having stole it all.

I buy a LOT of stuff on eBay. When I see someone with 10 of the exact same brand new lancome eye palettes, I'm pretty sure they stole them. When I see someone with a ton of unopened but different lancome products, I assume they work for lancome and are selling all the freebies they never used.

There are sooooooo many ways to get large quantities of something - stealing is one. But so is working for these companies, liquidation sales, sugar daddies, buying stuff over time and then cleaning out the old closet, etc etc etc.

I just buy it and hope for the best. :oops: A good deal is a good deal...

yup, same. i sold all my uggs like last year that were maybe worn once. i got all the crazy colored ones as gifts, but there's only so many times that purple uggs are necessary. if i collected all my clothes i no longer want or never wore i could have one heck of a sale.

i investigated enough to make sure i wasn't buying counterfeit, and then considered it fate that this girl was my size. :oops:

Back