OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I always buy my high end stuff when its heavily discounted in stores. For example, not too long ago, Dillard's had 40% off their clearance. I got a Michael Kors bag that was originally $398 for around $120. My grandma got a little too carried away another time during a Macy's sale and bought 4 MK bags, 2 of which have never been carried. Itd probably look sketchy if I tried to sell them all online lol.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the resell! It was the overly numerous posts with multiple items never used or worn that made me go hmmmm. Just seemed fishy. I didn't know if that was a thing or not. Lots of plausible explanations though which is why I asked. I didn't want to judge this woman based on what she looked like from her Facebook page. Still don't think I'll buy from her. Last thing I want to do is get arrested while purchasing a stolen item from her backseat in the parking lot at the Cracker Barrel!

Why do most of the US-calendars start with Sunday? I mean Saturday and Sunday are called weekend for a reason. Or do you guys just don't want to do it because the rest of the worlds does it? I mean that's the same thing as with the metric system...

Why do most of the US-calendars start with Sunday? I mean Saturday and Sunday are called weekend for a reason. Or do you guys just don't want to do it because the rest of the worlds does it? I mean that's the same thing as with the metric system...
I often wonder that, I guess we just like to be different. I never knew other countries did it differently though.

We're going to Europe next May and looking at hotel websites I have to remind myself to check which day of the week is the start of the week on their calendars. I can't just assume the first box is Sunday.

It would make my Google Calendar a lot nicer if the same weekend displayed in the same week view.

We're going to Europe next May and looking at hotel websites I have to remind myself to check which day of the week is the start of the week on their calendars. I can't just assume the first box is Sunday.

It would make my Google Calendar a lot nicer if the same weekend displayed in the same week view.

You can change that in your settings.

I often wonder that, I guess we just like to be different. I never knew other countries did it differently though.
What I find most confusing that monthly-view calendars usually start on Sunday, but then the weekly-view ones usually start on Monday. And I think about every other country starts their calendars on Monday, at least I've never seen anything different.

What I find most confusing that monthly-view calendars usually start on Sunday, but then the weekly-view ones usually start on Monday. And I think about every other country starts their calendars on Monday, at least I've never seen anything different.

and the pay period starts on sunday. i would always forget which days i was getting paid for when i was working at restaurants... (well at least every where i've worked that's open on weekends has started on sunday. others may do it differently.) i'm with you. it's confusing.

Weekly view only starts on Monday if it's a work week view (and then there are no weekends at all). Both google calendar and outlook have weekly view starting on Sunday.

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's a religious tradition to consider Sunday as the start of the week. At least, I heard that several times when I was a kid. I remember my old neighbours telling me that I was mistaken when I said Monday was the first day of the week. Sunday being "the day of God" had to be the first day. They didn't convince me though. I'm like Emily, I find much more convenient to put the weekend at the end !

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's a religious tradition to consider Sunday as the start of the week. At least, I heard that several times when I was a kid. I remember my old neighbours telling me that I was mistaken when I said Monday was the first day of the week. Sunday being "the day of God" had to be the first day. They didn't convince me though. I'm like Emily, I find much more convenient to put the weekend at the end !
Interesting. Because He created the day of rest (Sunday) 7th. I never thought of it in relation to a calendar week before!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sunday is only a religious day for Christianity.

Back