OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh Hurricane Sandy. 2 weeks with no power, no fun. 2 days after the storm, it snowed...no heat, no fun. Gas rationing, no fun. Thankfully, when my neighbor's 60 yr old Oak uprooted and took out our fence and power line (which didn't work at the moment anyway), the top of the tree stopped inches from our grill, which is hooked up to our gas line, so we were able to make food to feed ourselves. Omelets 0n the grill, mac and cheese on the grill....all food had to be made so it didn't go bad (which unfortunately much of it did)

Does anyone know if its possible to get keyboards completely cleaned out? My keyboard is macbook style.
This is way late but one of those compressed air containers works well for laptops and if it's a detachable keyboard like desktops have, you can put them in the dishwasher (as long as there's no batteries in it or anything like that). My ex works on computers and I'd help him clean them

I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life...and I want to switch my major but no clue what to with to (I'm pre-physical therapy right now). Just having my mid-life crisis a little early :confused:

I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life...and I want to switch my major but no clue what to with to (I'm pre-physical therapy right now). Just having my mid-life crisis a little early :confused:
Better to have these moments now than while in the middle of your pre-PT coursework, or after when it's time to get a job. Is it the courses themselves you are not enjoying or is it the field on the whole? What are your strengths and weaknesses regarding subject area? What do you have a passion or even a mild interest in? What fields are wider open where you live or intend to live and will there be jobs available once you graduate? Maybe take a step back and ask yourselves these questions. There is nothing wrong with going to college thinking you want to do something and change your mind to start something else.

One of my college housemates switched to nursing after sophomore year. She finished in 5 years instead of 4, but two of my other housemates who were already nursing majors wound up staying that 5th year as well so it all worked out. My sister decided she wanted to be a PT late during her junior or senior year of college. She started taking some classes geared toward it and was an athletic trainer, but graduated with her BA in English. She then spent a year doing prerequisites at another school and finally into a PT program where she earned a BS and then her MS (it was before DPT days). My brother was going to be an Urban Planner and wound up being an elementary school teacher; he has now been an Assistant Principal for many years. Dh was a music major and was going to be a music teacher but instead is an entrepreneur who never took a business class in his life. Many people do not continue on the career path they thought they would; some just realize it sooner than others.

Better to have these moments now than while in the middle of your pre-PT coursework, or after when it's time to get a job. Is it the courses themselves you are not enjoying or is it the field on the whole? What are your strengths and weaknesses regarding subject area? What do you have a passion or even a mild interest in? What fields are wider open where you live or intend to live and will there be jobs available once you graduate? Maybe take a step back and ask yourselves these questions. There is nothing wrong with going to college thinking you want to do something and change your mind to start something else.

One of my college housemates switched to nursing after sophomore year. She finished in 5 years instead of 4, but two of my other housemates who were already nursing majors wound up staying that 5th year as well so it all worked out. My sister decided she wanted to be a PT late during her junior or senior year of college. She started taking some classes geared toward it and was an athletic trainer, but graduated with her BA in English. She then spent a year doing prerequisites at another school and finally into a PT program where she earned a BS and then her MS (it was before DPT days). My brother was going to be an Urban Planner and wound up being an elementary school teacher; he has now been an Assistant Principal for many years. Dh was a music major and was going to be a music teacher but instead is an entrepreneur who never took a business class in his life. Many people do not continue on the career path they thought they would; some just realize it sooner than others.

Thank you for this! Right now, its the courses I'm not enjoying (specifically sciences like chemistry and biology) but it's making me think I won't enjoy the field. It's not even that I don't enjoy them, necessarily, but I can't manage to get a good grade. I already had to drop chemistry this semester and I study for bio like crazy and still get lower than the class average on tests. I'm interested in sports journalism and my school has a really good program for it, so I'm definitely looking into that.

Back