All-Star New Practicewear 2013/2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, is that not the norm? It is around here
I've never heard of that, it must be an area-specific thing. At my school, and at least some other schools in my area that I know of, the athletic booster club bought new uniforms every 2 years (that went for every sport) and they belonged to the school. The old uniforms would just get passed down to JV after varsity was done with them.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

At least not at my school and I can't think of any around mine that own their uniforms. We get them for football and basketball season, wear them, then wash and return them at the end of basketball season.

Here you are given a uniform and have to give it back at the end of the season. Once every 3-4 years they fund-raise for new ones. You have to but shoes and bow, but that's it.

When my cp did high school cheer, I spent at least $1000 on clothes. It was uniform a few pais of shoes, shorts, tops, sweatshirts etc.

We've always had girls buy the uniforms but that means (at least in my eyes) that it was on ME to ensure that the selection was something the girls would like BUT was not the most expensive uniform on the face of the planet.

Like, yes the girls bought new uniforms each season but I can assure you that it was not the most expensive custom GK option with tons of dye subs, mesh, bling, etc.

Here you are given a uniform and have to give it back at the end of the season. Once every 3-4 years they fund-raise for new ones. You have to but shoes and bow, but that's it.

We buy warmups (we fundraiser for them to be cheaper), shoes, bows (this year a girl bought them for the whole team), midriff, and spandex. We decide to buy a couple shirts and either a jacket, hoodie, or pullover.

At least not at my school and I can't think of any around mine that own their uniforms. We get them for football and basketball season, wear them, then wash and return them at the end of basketball season.

Same. They handed them out in summer and we handed them back in when the season was over. You had to pay if your uniform was damaged when you turned it back in though. You just had to buy practice wear, spandex, team apparel (sweatshirt & team t shirt) , bow and shoes and Nationals apparel (we always got a few new shirts for that).

College is the same way for uniforms. The on things we have to pay for out of pocket is warm up jacket, team backpack if you want it, spandex and practice wear. The school pays for our shoes each year so that's nice! You only have to buy the backpack and warmup jacket once so freshman year is a little more expensive but still not bad.

Last edited:
I did high school cheer my junior year and it was outrageous. I had to buy 3 uniforms, 2 sets of camp wear, team hoodie, warm up pants, warm up jacket, and my bag. Then varsity and jv got into it about who had better stuff so we had to keep buying different shirts and sweats that said varsity on them. Not to mention tshirts for every different "appearance"

We've always had girls buy the uniforms but that means (at least in my eyes) that it was on ME to ensure that the selection was something the girls would like BUT was not the most expensive uniform on the face of the planet.

Like, yes the girls bought new uniforms each season but I can assure you that it was not the most expensive custom GK option with tons of dye subs, mesh, bling, etc.

That's great cuz at our HS they ordered everything from varsity and basically the captains picked everything they liked (except the uni) and that's how the clothes was picked, no one looked at the cost, no guidelines, sometimes they even picked stuff that was against the dress code, and parents weren't allowed to be there.

I've never heard of that, it must be an area-specific thing. At my school, and at least some other schools in my area that I know of, the athletic booster club bought new uniforms every 2 years (that went for every sport) and they belonged to the school. The old uniforms would just get passed down to JV after varsity was done with them.

Here the parents just paid for everything, about 4000 a year with coaches and comps fees

I never knew people had to pay for their high school uniforms... I am in awe. We were given one from the school and we returned it at the end of the year. Every few years the athletic department got us new ones depending on what kind of budget they had and when we had gotten new ones last. We passed our old ones down the line to JV and Freshman and that was that. We didn't pay for our warm-ups either, the school provided them, although you could buy your own because then they were personalized and yours to keep (most of us did do that, but again we had the option). The only thing we had to pay for was our shoes and spankies. Our booster club paid for our bows and practice wear and the school paid our competition fees. I guess I never realized how lucky we were because that's how all the schools in the area (for the most part) do it.

That's great cuz at our HS they ordered everything from varsity and basically the captains picked everything they liked (except the uni) and that's how the clothes was picked, no one looked at the cost, no guidelines, sometimes they even picked stuff that was against the dress code, and parents weren't allowed to be there.

Yes. We are a "you buy everything and everything is yours" school but the kids themselves don't choose it.

Left to their own devices, kids will be like "NFINITY CUSTOM BACKPACKS WITH FIRST AND MIDDLE NAMES AND BLING!"

I gave the girls 3 options for uniforms and they voted for one (selected with input from my assistant who is younger.) 3 options for hoodies you vote for one. 6 options for bows and you vote for 2.

We cut costs mostly in the practicewear department. Ex: Soffees and white tanks are fine. Really.

We also don't get new bags or warm ups. I ordered bags and warm ups 2 years ago. As long as your old warm up fits and is still in good condition, you don't need a new one. Same with your bag.

I will say that I offer some fundraisers (not mandatory) but a lot of kids didn't do them. They'd prefer for their parents to just pay (I think it all totaled about $2000. For everything. Not just apparel.)

Yes. We are a "you buy everything and everything is yours" school but the kids themselves don't choose it.

Left to their own devices, kids will be like "NFINITY CUSTOM BACKPACKS WITH FIRST AND MIDDLE NAMES AND BLING!"

I gave the girls 3 options for uniforms and they voted for one (selected with input from my assistant who is younger.) 3 options for hoodies you vote for one. 6 options for bows and you vote for 2.

We cut costs mostly in the practicewear department. Ex: Soffees and white tanks are fine. Really.

We also don't get new bags or warm ups. I ordered bags and warm ups 2 years ago. As long as your old warm up fits and is still in good condition, you don't need a new one. Same with your bag.

I will say that I offer some fundraisers (not mandatory) but a lot of kids didn't do them. They'd prefer for their parents to just pay (I think it all totaled about $2000. For everything. Not just apparel.)

Well keep it up, I'm sure parents appreciate it. My cp could literally wear cheer clothes all week and never wear the same thing twice.

Uniforms were provided through fundraising and belonged to the team. We were always responsible for warm ups ( freshman-senior had the same and they've been the same classics look for years), shoes, tshirts, camp wear ( always had something wrong or didn't come in through Varsity, and it never lasted), and camp fees. Usually the boosters bought us a second set of warm- ups for basketball season because we had two games a week. Those were typically cheaper and were more fitted, not made for layering for Friday nights. I think that buying camp clothes was our biggest waste of money. The captains/ seniors always picked them out and for the most part it wasn't practical to be worn again.

I never knew people had to pay for their high school uniforms... I am in awe. We were given one from the school and we returned it at the end of the year. Every few years the athletic department got us new ones depending on what kind of budget they had and when we had gotten new ones last. We passed our old ones down the line to JV and Freshman and that was that. We didn't pay for our warm-ups either, the school provided them, although you could buy your own because then they were personalized and yours to keep (most of us did do that, but again we had the option). The only thing we had to pay for was our shoes and spankies. Our booster club paid for our bows and practice wear and the school paid our competition fees. I guess I never realized how lucky we were because that's how all the schools in the area (for the most part) do it.
How did the booster club pay for stuff though? For schools around here the booster club may buy it, but the parent's have a certain booster fees every month, so technically the parents are buying it. Never really understood booster clubs, but maybe thats because my school doesn't have them.

Back