OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
13 reasons why got me messed up...the scene where her parents find her and her cutting her wrist won't go out of my head for few days....

And to even think that this is happening in real life and there are parents out there who went through this is just ugh.... I can't even put the right words together.

I feel like I won't recover from this show for few days...

13 reasons why got me messed up...the scene where her parents find her and her cutting her wrist won't go out of my head for few days....

And to even think that this is happening in real life and there are parents out there who went through this is just ugh.... I can't even put the right words together.

I'm still not okay and it's been nearly a week.

I remember when the book came out, the teen suicide rate from cyberbullying was skyrocketing. I wasn't physically as moved by the story in print as a young teen but as a 20-something who has seen a bit more life it took me out.

I loved London when I went there for my honeymoon in last year in May. It was cold and slightly rainy but it really wasn't a big deal, we still got to see and do a ton, we walked that entire city over the course of 3 days. Would love to go back someday.

I'm still not okay and it's been nearly a week.
I'm on the 4th episode. My cp is rewatching it so we are watching together.

On the second ep of this - I guess CP has heard of it too but I don't know if she's watched it. Trying to not read any spoilers here ;)

I'm not going to lie. I wasn't particularly moved by 13 Reason Why. It wasn't bad (the middle chunk of episodes should have be condensed ) but I just wasn't moved. I can't stress enough how much I loved the editing and cinematography in general. Gold star for that.

I certainly hope there isn't a season 2...it'll turn into a "whodunit" PLL catastrophe. One book. One season

Professionally, I did love this teachers take on it....and I also told my sister to make my 11yo niece stop watching it
I'm a Middle School English Teacher and I Have a Problem With "13 Reasons Why" - WeAreTeachers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricki from MSCL (Wilson Cruz) plays the Baker's lawyer. I was so happy to see him again!

I'm on ep11 and really liking it.

Update: I just read the book after finishing the show. I loved the it and am sorry I never read it sooner. I thought they did a fantastic job with the series despite the significant modifications to the story.
Also wanted to add that having a character from MSCL play a minor not-in-the book-role was definitely a casting win - the author stated in the "questions to the author" that he would listen to the MSCL soundtrack before writing to get him in the mood.

Last edited:
Eh I just didn't really like 13 Reasons Why... I know I'm one of the only ones! But for whatever reason I just couldn't get into it.

I didnt like it when i read it years ago. I am not interested in watching the show.

I disliked Hannah a lot in the book. I couldnt sympathize with her because I didnt see her as a likeable person. I didnt like that she blamed her suicide on other people. The things those kids did to her were their fault. Hannahs suicide, the decision and action to kill herself, was not. Her suicide seemed vindictive. Her tapes are hypocritical - she's hurt so shes gonna hurt other people and get back at them by killing herself and blaming them for her own suicide? I dont care how hurt you are, thats not an appropriate thing to do ever ever ever. You are then just as bad as they are. The author could have still ended the book with Hannah killing herself because of the things that happened to her but it couldve been handled a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I didnt like it when i read it years ago. I am not interested in watching the show.

I disliked Hannah a lot in the book. I couldnt sympathize with her because I didnt see her as a likeable person. I didnt like that she blamed her suicide on other people. The things those kids did to her were their fault. Hannahs suicide, the decision and action to kill herself, was not. Her suicide seemed vindictive. Her tapes are hypocritical - she's hurt so shes gonna hurt other people and get back at them by killing herself and blaming them for her own suicide? I dont care how hurt you are, thats not an appropriate thing to do ever ever ever. You are then just as bad as they are. The author could have still ended the book with Hannah killing herself because of the things that happened to her but it couldve been handled a lot better.

I haven't read the book and I'm only on episode 2 but this put my feelings so far into words!!! I don't know if it's because I've been in a similar situation that I get turned off by the show or what but I really don't like the way Hannah comes across

Eh I just didn't really like 13 Reasons Why... I know I'm one of the only ones! But for whatever reason I just couldn't get into it.

I wasn't a huge fan of the book, I was a bit disappointed with it and expected more based on the reviews it got.

But I decided to give the series a go and I liked it so much more, for me it really brought the book to life. It's not often I say I like the series/film better than the book!

Thank you! You perfectly summed up my feelings on the book. I read it about 5 years ago and I hated it. Hannah was so unlikable

Back