OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm studying for the CPA exam right now and the section that I went through today discussed perfect competition, monopolies, etc. and all I could think about the whole lecture video was Varsity and the all-star cheer world.

Also, studying for these exams is miserable and I can't wait to be finished.

I'm studying for the CPA exam right now and the section that I went through today discussed perfect competition, monopolies, etc. and all I could think about the whole lecture video was Varsity and the all-star cheer world.

Also, studying for these exams is miserable and I can't wait to be finished.

Best of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good question. I honestly don't know if many cheerleaders would understand, but I guess that is the purpose of the protest.

Are you calling cheerleaders stupid? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

In the ways of legislation over internet regulation I would consider them, as a whole, ignorant (but not stupid).

Count me among the ignorant of that topic.

@Official OWECheer

Based on the articles I've read, the consumer will end up paying for it whether money to the ISP, slower connection, or directly to companies like Netflix who the ISP wants to charge for their products high streaming usage. What about things like military, hospitals, airlines, power grids/plants, police, fire depts, public transportation, that can depend on little sub contract companies where priority may be needed? These are the types of things I feel I have no idea what the impact is. I personally, would prefer services like Netflix not interfering with things that I feel have high priority such as safety, research and innovation where time is of the essence. @King is my concern valid or am I totally not understanding net neutrality?

@Official OWECheer

Based on the articles I've read, the consumer will end up paying for it whether money to the ISP, slower connection, or directly to companies like Netflix who the ISP wants to charge for their products high streaming usage. What about things like military, hospitals, airlines, power grids/plants, police, fire depts, public transportation, that can depend on little sub contract companies where priority may be needed? These are the types of things I feel I have no idea what the impact is. I personally, would prefer services like Netflix not interfering with things that I feel have high priority such as safety, research and innovation where time is of the essence. @King is my concern valid or am I totally not understanding net neutrality?

Sorta. It is fear mongering to tell people that Netflix is taking the bandwidth of a hospital.

Net neutrality is a difficult concept because if you arent a nerd nerd you can be analogy-ed to believe it is a dump truck (google internet dump truck, hah. tubes).

Short answer: You as a person/consumer/medium to small business would prefer net neutrality, and not what the FCC is currently proposing.

It sucks this is a partisan thing because if really talked out 90% of people would be for net neutrality, but politics makes it take a side.

Back