OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hey guys! I love some help/opinions on this.

I am a new office admin and we order food for delivery for meetings and when clients come into the office quite a bit.

So If I have a $420 bill, how much should I tip the delivery person? I want to make sure I am not shorting anyone.

I know 20% is standard in a restaurant, but wasn't sure about this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a new office admin and we order food for delivery for meetings and when clients come into the office quite a bit.

So If I have a $420 bill, how much should I tip the delivery person? I want to make sure I am not shorting anyone.

Your company may have a policy about how much is allowed, so I would check to see if there is a policy first. If not, I normally give between $10-$20 for delivery, depending on how much food, if they set things up, etc.

Was there gratuity on the bill for the cooks etc? If so, then I'd say $10-20 for delivery is more than reasonable. If not, then you may want to consider more. Also, ask the driver if they have to tip out to the restaurant. That's always a factor!

Okay, wisdom teeth update. I am so done. So. Done. Sorry for the long post.

The teeth packing went well. Then, they asked if I wanted another in each hole. My schedule being as complicated as it is, I don't just have all the time I want to go chill at the surgeon's office. So they offer to put it... but leave a small piece out of the hole so my bf could pull them out on Monday.

Sounded like a great idea.

BUT they started coming out as soon as I started chewing on food. So I ended up chewing on fabric and not so much on food. And the medecine on the fabric tastes like shallot and clove. Makes a strawberry yogurt... special.

I went to my athletes award ceremony with two long pieces of fabric hanging in my mouth because I ate before going. So happy I did not have to talk.

I asked the boyfriend to pull them out 9 hours after the surgeon put them out.

I am knocking on wood because the pain.has.not.come.back. YET. So I guess the first packing did its job and healed the gum enough for me to survive.

I hope it is the last post I do on that wisdom teeth saga.

It caused full body hives! Honestly the worst hives I've seen in my life. Because of them I was sooo freakin itchy. And because of the way amoxicillin works (by building up in your body), the reaction didnt occur immediately. But it lasted for sooooo long!
Cause it was a skin issue I had sun sensitivity as well.
Awful. Plain awful.
Oh my. I hope you wear a med alert bracelet?

Okay, wisdom teeth update. I am so done. So. Done. Sorry for the long post.

The teeth packing went well. Then, they asked if I wanted another in each hole. My schedule being as complicated as it is, I don't just have all the time I want to go chill at the surgeon's office. So they offer to put it... but leave a small piece out of the hole so my bf could pull them out on Monday.

Sounded like a great idea.

BUT they started coming out as soon as I started chewing on food. So I ended up chewing on fabric and not so much on food. And the medecine on the fabric tastes like shallot and clove. Makes a strawberry yogurt... special.

I went to my athletes award ceremony with two long pieces of fabric hanging in my mouth because I ate before going. So happy I did not have to talk.

I asked the boyfriend to pull them out 9 hours after the surgeon put them out.

I am knocking on wood because the pain.has.not.come.back. YET. So I guess the first packing did its job and healed the gum enough for me to survive.

I hope it is the last post I do on that wisdom teeth saga.
Now your comment in another thread about losing wisdom makes sense lol.

For my fellow theater nerds, the Tonys are upon us!
I'm gonna lay out my predictions:

Best musical - Dear Evan Hansen
Best book - Dear Evan Hansen
Best score - Dear Evan Hansen
Best direction - Rachel Chaikin
Best revival - Hello Dolly (although I wish it could be Falsettos)
Best actor in musical - Ben Platt
Best actress in musical - Bette Midler
Best featured actor in musical - Gavin Creel
Best featured actress in musical - Jenn Colella
Best play - Oslo
Best actor in play - Kevin Kline
Best actress in play - Laurie Metcalf

I think Great Comet might/should take best score (and best orchestrations. I love what Alex Lacamoire did for Hamilton, but what Dave Molloy did is something else.) It'll be an even fight between Jen and Rachel Bay Jones, though. The only award(s) I'm like 95% sure on are Best Scenic Design for a Musical, Best Costumes for a Musical, and Best Lighting Design.

I think it'll be a three-way battle between Jenn Colella, Rachel Bay Jones and Stephanie Block. Hardest category to pick...

The whole night is pretty much up in the air, with no clear frontrunner. For my money, Dear Evan Hansen is by far the best musical this year, and I would have it winning in most categories. But I don't trust the voters enough, especially when it comes to something like best actor. Ben Platt gives one of the best performances I have ever seen (stage or film), but the voters will probs be like 'Andy Karl broke his knee though, he da best!'

I never won the lottery for Groundhog Day so I never got to see it, so I don't know much about Andy Karl's performance apart from the gifs I've seen on tumblr. (And he was fairly decent in Law & Order, so if he does win it won't be because of his knee.)
Mary Beth Peil can't be counted out either. Best Featured Actress and Best Musical are the only categories where it really could go between any of the nominees and not just between 2 people. Or like last year when it was "ok everyone, let's put on our best surprised face because Hamilton won again!"
I stood in the rain for a chance to see Dear Evan Hansen a second time so there's no denying I like the show. But I feel like people may be counting out Great Comet, except for set design.

I just hope there will be a non sketchy livestream that's available outside the U.S.

I really like Andy Karl and any other year he'd be a clear winner, but Ben Platt is just operating on another dimension.

Totally agree. The 'speech' he does before You Will Be Found... Even from close to the back of the orchestra, it was still something else.
I'm also excited 'cause this is the first time I've been lucky enough to see more than 1 of the nominated shows.
Also, I recommend that anyone who is able to see Present Laughter before it closes. The lottery for that show is sort of easy to win, although the seats are mostly partial view.
For me it's the mega soliloquy from Words Fail though to the scene with his mom. I've never seen acting quite like that on stage.

I think Great Comet might/should take best score (and best orchestrations. I love what Alex Lacamoire did for Hamilton, but what Dave Molloy did is something else.) It'll be an even fight between Jen and Rachel Bay Jones, though. The only award(s) I'm like 95% sure on are Best Scenic Design for a Musical, Best Costumes for a Musical, and Best Lighting Design.

Oh hello, Rachel Bay Jones!!!

Unexpected purely because of how stacked that category is. And also because I thought they'd throw Come From Away a bone in the category it was most likely to win (this one).

The livestream I found quit just as Laurie Metcalf was about to be announced as a winner. And just decided to come back for the last bit of the Rockettes. Not thrilled I was denied a chance to see Cynthia Erivo sing again, but I can't complain.
Now if it quits on me for War Paint or Great Comet.... (Insert fist shaking here.)
I'm sad Great Comet didn't win for orchestrations, but I'm happy Dear Evan Hansen did.

I had Great Comet winning orchestrations too, but I'm stoked that it was DEH.

Basically a lot of people are winning that I hoped would win, but didn't predict.

ETA: Oh wow, Come From Away just won for direction, which I didn't hope for or predict..... This does not bode well for DEH winning best musical......

Last edited:
anyone familiar with labor laws in Florida specifically with pregnant employee

Back