New Random Thread 4

Discussion in 'Random' started by Ashley, Mar 3, 2017.

1. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Depends on the team? I've done both.

2. Cheer Dad

Cheer Dad Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    They own a Worlds floor, does anything else matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thinkpositivethoughts

Thinkpositivethoughts Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Well one of my younger somewhat very distant cousins has hopefully learned her lesson in why you don’t post certain things on the internet. Her boyfriend and her posted a very ignorant video on social media. They are thankfully being held accountable and and facing the the repercussions of posting the racist video.

4. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Well I’m glad they learned. Even though social media can be unforgiving, I hope the silver lining is that kids learn young what you can and can’t say and why. So maybe in a few decades we won’t have any more middle-age parents wondering why their kid donning blackface for Halloween is offensive.

5. CoachTamara

CoachTamara Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    tamaraerdes
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Pretty sure I saw that video and YIKES. Blunt about their beliefs I guess, there was no sugar coating that.

6. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Okaay I think I just saw it and yeah that’s bad. I really thought it was probably just a couple of kids singing the n-word, which I’m a little forgiving toward since I totally get why their kid logic would let them think that’s an okay thing to do. I mean it’s still stupid, but in their heads they’re just singing song lyrics. I don’t condemn a kid for parroting words they don’t necessarily understand fully. I’m embarrassed to think of some of the things I probably said as a teen when the words “gay” and “retarded” were thrown around freely.

But no this is way worse. I hope they still can learn something from this, but honestly the most discouraging thing about incidents like these isn’t that it’s just a couple young kids posting something hateful and stupid on the internet. It’s that there’s an entire community surrounding them that allowed them to get this far in life thinking it was okay. Whether that community is family, friends, or just internet forums, it’s an unsettling thought. They didn’t develop these feelings in a vacuum.

7. FamousxMindset

FamousxMindset Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The video was bad but the subsequent posts were even worse, yikes.

8. ashscott41

ashscott41 I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    96 Women’s Team Finals (Magnificent 7) is on NBCSN right now... quickly get to the tv because they’re on vault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thinkpositivethoughts

Thinkpositivethoughts Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    So am I the only person that has gotten weirdly addicted to TikTok during this quarantine/pandemic?

10. CoachTamara

CoachTamara Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    tamaraerdes
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I recorded and watched it today and it was just as special as it was in 1996!

I swore Moceanu fell on beam, but apparently that was not during team finals because they killed everything until those last vaults. It was so fun to watch!

11. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    There was a great doc about Strug which of course I cannot find wherein she offered some great insight into the whole thing. She says she realized things were bad when she heard Bela yelling, “You can do it!” because he was NEVER that positive during comps. So that was her “Oh ****” moment.

She also remembered being very concerned that she had no pants on during the Olympic medal ceremony, which is very relatable but also not at all.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  12. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I have watched all the past Olympic gymnasts comps and love it!

13. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Yes, I'm an amusement park nerd!
    My parents said we may be able to go to Dollywood in the Summer to celebrate my graduation from HS!! I've wanted to go to Dollywood for a while now and now it might happen!
    For anyone who's been to Dollywood (or Tennessee), what are some other things to do in the Dollywood-area? I am NOT familiar with anything in Tennessee (or the South) so any tips or ideas would be great! Thanks!!

**Praying that this virus is over by then so that we are able to go on this trip**

14. Lisa Seye

Lisa Seye I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Google Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Tons and tons of stuff to do. Restaurants, shows, dinner shows, lots of shopping, lots of amusements.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I’ve got COVID antibodies, everyone.

So I was sick back in February before this thing really took off and actually thought to myself, “What if I’ve got this Corona thing lol no probably not.”

The I went to give blood recently and got tested for antibodies and it looks like I did indeed have it. Now I’m hoping to contribute to a solution to undo all that reckless breathing I did earlier this year.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List