OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I need a planner. I'm looking at Erin Condren but they're so expensive! Anyone have one? Worth it? Or just go with something like this:

Tools4Wisdom 2015 Planner ✚ Calendar ✚ Personal Organizer Journal ✚ 12 Month Yearly | Monthly | Weekly | Daily Goal Setting Agenda Amazon.com : Tools4Wisdom 2015 Planner ✚ Calendar ✚ Personal Organizer Journal ✚ 12 Month Yearly | Monthly | Weekly | Daily Goal Setting Agenda : Office Products

(I haven't used one in years. But now I'm doing my beachbody business (go me! I actually have enough to do with it that I need a planner!), my regular job, and bp's school and dance stuff. I think it's time to start writing some stuff down!)

GOOGLE DOCS!

Awesome thing I found out a few months ago. You can make an appointment on Outlook private. It will show up as a blocked time, but the details and everything aren't seen by anyone other than yourself. Just use the little "lock" icon.
I will have to figure out how to do that! Thanks!

Edit- Got it! lol Now everyone who see's my calendar doesn't know when my hair appointments and friends birthdays are! lol Thaks again!

I used to be a huge planner nerd, but now I just use Google Calendar. It's simple, works for me, and best of all, free!
I do use that too. I just like having it written down. It's all in my phone, all the time.

As we can see from here and Facebook today... I am old. I like less technology, not more. I like pen and paper. Sitting at my desk.

I probably should get one instead of writing things on a bunch of sticky notes:oops: I am going to the store tomorrow if I am feeling better maybe I will pick up a small one to try out - has to look better than my stack of sticky notes lol

?

To print pages for my planner? Or to use as a planner? Lol

To use as a planner. Sorry I didn't read your whole post. I have different calendars in Google calendar that are color coded - work, school, cheer, personal, etc. I've gotten my husband to use it, so I subscribe to his calendar and put stuff in it, like his secretary. Ha.

I used to be obsessed with my planner back in college, but I've never looked back. I always have my phone with me.

I probably should get one instead of writing things on a bunch of sticky notes:oops: I am going to the store tomorrow if I am feeling better maybe I will pick up a small one to try out - has to look better than my stack of sticky notes lol

Be sure to make a reminder sticky note... ;)

I put everything in my calendar on my phone. And I can even set a reminder alarm!

I need a planner. I'm looking at Erin Condren but they're so expensive! Anyone have one? Worth it? Or just go with something like this:

Tools4Wisdom 2015 Planner ✚ Calendar ✚ Personal Organizer Journal ✚ 12 Month Yearly | Monthly | Weekly | Daily Goal Setting Agenda Amazon.com : Tools4Wisdom 2015 Planner ✚ Calendar ✚ Personal Organizer Journal ✚ 12 Month Yearly | Monthly | Weekly | Daily Goal Setting Agenda : Office Products

(I haven't used one in years. But now I'm doing my beachbody business (go me! I actually have enough to do with it that I need a planner!), my regular job, and bp's school and dance stuff. I think it's time to start writing some stuff down!)

I get mine at Target and they're like $10 and I love them! I think the brand is Blue Sky?

I really want a Passion Planner though. Unfortunately they're back ordered until February [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do use that too. I just like having it written down. It's all in my phone, all the time.

As we can see from here and Facebook today... I am old. I like less technology, not more. I like pen and paper. Sitting at my desk.

nope, I will always be a pen and paper planner kind of person. every class has its own pen color and (if I can find them) the binder/notebook/folder for that class also matches the pen color. I am also slightly crazy (which I'm sure you know by now) and if I get a planner late, I will go back and fill in the month that's already passed. Why? I have no idea. in case I die, you can know what I did that month :p no really, I have no idea why I do it, but my OCD does not allow a blank month.

side note, related but not related - I absolutely HATE that all of my doctor notes have to be done on the computer. I get why, and it's convenient but if you're typing while talking to the patient you just miss out on making that human to human connection and it's rude and I hate it. but taking notes all day and then typing them in at night is a waste of time. hopefully one day I'll make enough money to be able to hire someone to do my typing and I can write my notes in peace.

also, I have beautiful handwriting from years of decorating cakes. I like to put it to good use. :)

nope, I will always be a pen and paper planner kind of person. every class has its own pen color and (if I can find them) the binder/notebook/folder for that class also matches the pen color. I am also slightly crazy (which I'm sure you know by now) and if I get a planner late, I will go back and fill in the month that's already passed. Why? I have no idea. in case I die, you can know what I did that month :p no really, I have no idea why I do it, but my OCD does not allow a blank month.

side note, related but not related - I absolutely HATE that all of my doctor notes have to be done on the computer. I get why, and it's convenient but if you're typing while talking to the patient you just miss out on making that human to human connection and it's rude and I hate it. but taking notes all day and then typing them in at night is a waste of time. hopefully one day I'll make enough money to be able to hire someone to do my typing and I can write my notes in peace.

also, I have beautiful handwriting from years of decorating cakes. I like to put it to good use. :)
Sort of related - my daughter asks me to print out her schedule for spring semester - so I do - she comes in to look at it - then writes it out herself each day - so I ask her .. Do you want this schedule I just printed out? She is like no. :confused:She always writes things down and has a planner.

Same! I have different pens for every class - and folders that match. If the textbook cover is mainly purple, then you can bet that the folder, notebook, pen for notes (unless mandated by instructor), pen for assignment book... all purple.

We're the same way at home. Everyone in the family has a color (we call it your "signature color" because we're obnoxious like that). Your phone case, charger, headphones, tablet cover, etc will probably all be in that color. Your towels are that color. If we are actually using any kind of scheduling, your events/tasks are in your color. It makes it so nice when we're arguing over whose stuff is whose - "Well, these ear buds are green. Obviously they are mine - yours are hot pink." We even buy brushes, flat irons, those poofy body sponges, etc this way. Everything I own is kiwi green.

Disclaimer - yes, you can change your color if you get tired of it. Lol it just makes life easier.

Same! I have different pens for every class - and folders that match. If the textbook cover is mainly purple, then you can bet that the folder, notebook, pen for notes (unless mandated by instructor), pen for assignment book... all purple.

We're the same way at home. Everyone in the family has a color (we call it your "signature color" because we're obnoxious like that). Your phone case, charger, headphones, tablet cover, etc will probably all be in that color. Your towels are that color. If we are actually using any kind of scheduling, your events/tasks are in your color. It makes it so nice when we're arguing over whose stuff is whose - "Well, these ear buds are green. Obviously they are mine - yours are hot pink." We even buy brushes, flat irons, those poofy body sponges, etc this way. Everything I own is kiwi green.

Disclaimer - yes, you can change your color if you get tired of it. Lol it just makes life easier.
Something similar in my house...

My mom got tired of my siblings and I fighting over whose turn it was to wash dishes so she literally threw away every single dish in the house and bought us each our own color coded plastic dishes. If your color was in the sink, you wash it.

It worked well till all my brothers dishes were dirty and started using mine. That idea lasted about a week.

Something similar in my house...

My mom got tired of my siblings and I fighting over whose turn it was to wash dishes so she literally threw away every single dish in the house and bought us each our own color coded plastic dishes. If your color was in the sink, you wash it.

It worked well till all my brothers dishes were dirty and started using mine. That idea lasted about a week.

Hahahahah! I always tell my kids I'm going to buy them each ONE fork, ONE plate, ONE bowl, ONE knife, spoon, cup, you get the idea. They have to wash it before they can eat again. I swear my 20-year-old goes through 8 glasses per day, minimum. She gets a new cup every. single. time. she has a drink.

Back