OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
No school tomorrow for the majority of my area. Expecting 25-30 below temperatures. Guess who isn't leaving her bed unless absolutely necessary? [emoji137] [emoji136]
We're only getting a late start :( though I don't think it's supposed to be quite as cold. Still, the more full "snow" days we get the better because I don't have to make them up :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have experience with meniscus injuries? I think it's what I injured last night at practice but I go to the orthopedist tomorrow and I want to go in semi-prepared.

We're only getting a late start :( though I don't think it's supposed to be quite as cold. Still, the more full "snow" days we get the better because I don't have to make them up :D

We don't have late starts. Or at least, we haven't one the entire time I've been in school (which is 11 years). From what I've read, it's supposed to stay the same until Thursday morning. Tomorrow was supposed to be mile day, so that's fun. The school we co-op with hasn't even gone back yet because their heating is broken

We don't have late starts. Or at least, we haven't one the entire time I've been in school (which is 11 years). From what I've read, it's supposed to stay the same until Thursday morning. Tomorrow was supposed to be mile day, so that's fun. The school we co-op with hasn't even gone back yet because their heating is broken
We didn't in the past but it's a new policy they implemented this year. It's stupid because at normal bus times it's supposed to be like 7 degrees and at the new bus times it's going to be 3 or 4 (not including windchill, with windchill I think it's supposed to feel like -15 or something). We have a "windchill warning" for all of tomorrow and Thursday morning. Brrrrr.
I've set up all the colleges i applied to on my weather app, so every time I open it it's like here: 18 degrees. All other places I applied: 50+ degrees. :rolleyes:

No school tomorrow for the majority of my area. Expecting 25-30 below temperatures. Guess who isn't leaving her bed unless absolutely necessary? [emoji137] [emoji136]
All these weather posts make me feel bad for considering skipping school tomorrow just because it's supposed to be 19 degrees... IMO having to go out in anything below 20 is cruel and unusual.

We didn't in the past but it's a new policy they implemented this year. It's stupid because at normal bus times it's supposed to be like 7 degrees and at the new bus times it's going to be 3 or 4 (not including windchill, with windchill I think it's supposed to feel like -15 or something). We have a "windchill warning" for all of tomorrow and Thursday morning. Brrrrr.
I've set up all the colleges i applied to on my weather app, so every time I open it it's like here: 18 degrees. All other places I applied: 50+ degrees. :rolleyes:

That's weird. They better not do that when we combine schools eventually. And that's nice about the colleges. I wish I could do that, but instate tuition is cheaper (though not by much). It would also help if I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I thought I'd known what I wanted to do since 7th grade when I did a project on being an anesthesiologist. Since then I've changed to being a nurse anesthetist, and in the last few weeks I've been questioning that too. Now I'm debating whether I want to do that at all. I've always thought psychology would be cool, and I also have thought about oncology. I'm only a sophomore, but I want to go to the transfer academy through a community college if I need to, so I'm going to need to decide so I can change my schedule for next year if need be. Gosh it's only been one day back and I'm stressing hard core

@emma_tuttle It might be worth it to look into Wisconsin state schools. Most of the time they are cheaper than Illinois schools and majority of them offer tuition discounts to students from Illinois.
I actually just did (because this is what I do: stress about my future and stay awake until about 3 AM) and I learned about the Midwest Student Exchange Program. Turns out students from Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri get discounts if they go to schools in those states (actually, the first place I saw it was on the UW-Green Bay website; there are questions on the page and one of them is "Why would UW-Green Bay do this?" "Because we're neighbors.") I thought that was a really cool thing. I love the Midwest [emoji4]

I actually just did (because this is what I do: stress about my future and stay awake until about 3 AM) and I learned about the Midwest Student Exchange Program. Turns out students from Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri get discounts if they go to schools in those states (actually, the first place I saw it was on the UW-Green Bay website; there are questions on the page and one of them is "Why would UW-Green Bay do this?" "Because we're neighbors.") I thought that was a really cool thing. I love the Midwest [emoji4]

Yeahhhhh UW-Green Bay. Great school!! Of course I'm a little bias tho :)

The Mid-Atlantic? I guess is what it's considered (Ohio, WV, Virginia, Maryland, NC, SC, Georgia, and i think a couple others) has something similar to this too and it seriously saved my booty so much in undergrad. You pay in-state tuition if you go to a school in one of the states and your major isn't offered anywhere in your home state. It was so nice paying like 1/3 of what I would have paid just about anywhere in state.

Finally digging myself out of my flu-hole and going back to work tomorrow. Still feeling a little weak but I can't afford to take anymore PTO.

And yes, I did get the flu shot. I get one every year. I was one of the lucky ones that it didn't work for this season.

I doubt this will make you feel better, but two nights ago on the news they were discussing how the most common strain of the flu this season wasn't one of the strains they put in the flu shot. So that's a possibility of what happened. Glad to hear you're feeling better though!! I've never gotten a flu shot (even though I know I should) and have always managed to squeak through each flu season unaffected... Knock on wood.

Does anybody have experience with meniscus injuries? I think it's what I injured last night at practice but I go to the orthopedist tomorrow and I want to go in semi-prepared.
Sorry to hear that! We went thru it last year along with ACL. She did great and is back with everything except flying. Dr said he does not want someone else in control of her knee! Most important follow dr order to the "T". Don't rush it, her coach would not let her twist until 3 months after she was cleared. Good luck!

Back