OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I doubt this will make you feel better, but two nights ago on the news they were discussing how the most common strain of the flu this season wasn't one of the strains they put in the flu shot. So that's a possibility of what happened. Glad to hear you're feeling better though!! I've never gotten a flu shot (even though I know I should) and have always managed to squeak through each flu season unaffected... Knock on wood.
I actually woke up feeling a lot better! Still taking my Mucinex and DayQuil into the office though. Hopefully it's a pretty low key day.

I read the same thing, and that's why the flu shot was such a failure this year. It's basically a calculated guess as to which strain is going to go viral and infect everyone, and this year they basically guessed wrong. My sister and I both got the shot and both ended up with it. I've always been considered "high risk" due to my asthma and allergies, so even in years where there is a shortage of vaccines I always got one. Plus my mom is a nurse so she always follows in behind us to make sure we get them, haha.

The Mid-Atlantic? I guess is what it's considered (Ohio, WV, Virginia, Maryland, NC, SC, Georgia, and i think a couple others) has something similar to this too and it seriously saved my booty so much in undergrad. You pay in-state tuition if you go to a school in one of the states and your major isn't offered anywhere in your home state. It was so nice paying like 1/3 of what I would have paid just about anywhere in state.

My younger sister goes to Georgia Southern and gets in state tuition as part of the Academic Common Market. Her stupid major that will probably lead her to no career, other than folding sweaters in The Limited isn't offered in South Caroljna

My younger sister goes to Georgia Southern and gets in state tuition as part of the Academic Common Market. Her stupid major that will probably lead her to no career, other than folding sweaters in The Limited isn't offered in South Caroljna
Haha, I'm doing nothing related to my undergrad major. Well I guess you could kind of twist it to relate Sport Psychology to Physical Therapy, but not really. I basically just picked it because it sounded interesting and I could go to school for a lot less. Then again I knew I wanted to do PT in high school so I just needed something to fill that gap so I could get in to grad school.

My job is closed today for the weather. My boss just emailed from her vacation in Puerto Rico that she'd like us to work anyway.

I am so bummed! Moms like snow days too. I was looking forward to hot cocoa and movies with my daughter!

How ya holding up in the crazy cold temperatures?
Well I was surviving until I realized I have to walk to the train now. I am so glad I started loading up on winter weather gear in August this year. Definitely worth the extra money to get good stuff - all my stuff is rated to like negative 30, so it's perfect for today!

But I still don't want to go!

I just laughed so hard. What's her major?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we're taking about the cold. Green Bay is ranked the 9th coldest city in the USA (with an average temp of 15 degrees) along with 6 other WI cities (Janesville-ranked 19, Madison-18, Oshkosh-12, La Crosse-11, Appleton-10, Eau Claire-5)

So glad I live in such a cold state and go to school in one of the top ten coldest cities [emoji28]

While we're taking about the cold. Green Bay is ranked the 9th coldest city in the USA (with an average temp of 15 degrees) along with 6 other WI cities (Janesville-ranked 19, Madison-18, Oshkosh-12, La Crosse-11, Appleton-10, Eau Claire-5)

So glad I live in such a cold state and go to school in one of the top ten coldest cities [emoji28]

My friend applied to UW- Madison and Michigan and I was like "do you know it's cold there....." I could never go somewhere so cold! No thank you. I can't handle anything colder than where I am now.

My friend applied to UW- Madison and Michigan and I was like "do you know it's cold there....." I could never go somewhere so cold! No thank you. I can't handle anything colder than where I am now.

Lol "do you know it's cold there" hahah. I'm just thankful that my school has tunnels that connect all the educational buildings so the only time I have to walk outside is from my apartment to the union.

I'm tempted to go look at more schools in Missouri (aka farther South) as I listen to the wind blowing outside. It's hard to imagine living somewhere colder than where I do now

Back