OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anyone on here go to the University of Oklahoma? Or know anyone? If they cheer there or transferred with an A.A. or a sports management major that'd be awesome :D

I actually just did (because this is what I do: stress about my future and stay awake until about 3 AM) and I learned about the Midwest Student Exchange Program. Turns out students from Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri get discounts if they go to schools in those states (actually, the first place I saw it was on the UW-Green Bay website; there are questions on the page and one of them is "Why would UW-Green Bay do this?" "Because we're neighbors.") I thought that was a really cool thing. I love the Midwest [emoji4]
There's also one for the western states! That's how I'm going to Nevada

Had a job interview tonight for one of my new favorite places. It went really great! I had a lot of the things he was looking for and he said my experience was perfect for the job. He also said that interviews end at the end of the week, but right now i'm in the top 20-25 to be hired for the store opening. I'm so excited!!

Not sure how to quit my old job. They always schedule me when I can't work, don't return my phone calls, and I haven't worked for 3 weeks. Before that the new manager gave me a 3 and a half hour shift on sunday nights. That's it for the week. There are many other things but these are the main things that drive me crazy. Also the fact that we've had a rat eating containers lately (at a food place). My new place is awkwardly about 4 stores down from my current. But I would be getting about 30-40 hours a week compared to 3.5. Which means a lot more money and will definitely help for extra privates before tryouts. I can't wait!

***Aka please pray I get this job***

@12mowerd (quoting to save space) It looks so good!!!! It makes me want to make a cool makeup area! I love the extra touches like the little bows, so cute! I'm so impressed!

Well my city (Rowlett, TX) was listed at number 19 on the safest cities to live in Texas, and number 24 in the best places to live by money magazine! :D And we are one of the top safest states! Who would've thought with all our guns ;)

So like awhile ago I posted about a gym that said they'd pay me for designing shirts but hadn't paid me 3 months later.

Well, they still haven't paid me so I sent a harsher email to them a more aggressive email to them (because they haven't responded to my last three...) so fingers crossed they finally reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a job interview tonight for one of my new favorite places. It went really great! I had a lot of the things he was looking for and he said my experience was perfect for the job. He also said that interviews end at the end of the week, but right now i'm in the top 20-25 to be hired for the store opening. I'm so excited!!

Not sure how to quit my old job. They always schedule me when I can't work, don't return my phone calls, and I haven't worked for 3 weeks. Before that the new manager gave me a 3 and a half hour shift on sunday nights. That's it for the week. There are many other things but these are the main things that drive me crazy. Also the fact that we've had a rat eating containers lately (at a food place). My new place is awkwardly about 4 stores down from my current. But I would be getting about 30-40 hours a week compared to 3.5. Which means a lot more money and will definitely help for extra privates before tryouts. I can't wait!

***Aka please pray I get this job***
Just put it in writing and put the reasons u just said. Give them 2 weeks notice and move on to something better. Good luck!

Unless I had the flu in elementary school that I just don't remember I can definitively say I also have never had a flu shot or the flu. The same for Jaylen, never had the flu shot or the flu! @12mowerd

Maybe we are lucky!

I've only had flu shots the last two years, I don't think I've ever gotten the flu. I've been pretty lucky.

In any case, the reason you get the flu shot isn't so much to prevent yourself from getting the flu. As a healthy adult, you'll be miserable for a couple of days, but you'll get over it. If you're around babies or the elderly and pass it on to them, they might not be so lucky. It's herd immunity - you get the shot so you don't pass it to people with compromised immune systems who can't get it. It's the same with most vaccines. I started getting the flu shot because I was around babies more and I figured better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
I've only had flu shots the last two years, I don't think I've ever gotten the flu. I've been pretty lucky.

In any case, the reason you get the flu shot isn't so much to prevent yourself from getting the flu. As a healthy adult, you'll be miserable for a couple of days, but you'll get over it. If you're around babies or the elderly and pass it on to them, they might not be so lucky. It's herd immunity - you get the shot so you don't pass it to people with compromised immune systems who can't get the shot (or any other vaccine to be more specific). I started getting the flu shot because I was around babies more and I figured better safe than sorry.
Yep, I'm required to get the flu shot for school/clinicals because I'm almost always around sick people. I hate getting it because I'm usually sick for a couple days afterwards, but I'd rather that than get other people sick who can't fight it as well as me.

In any case, the reason you get the flu shot isn't so much to prevent yourself from getting the flu. As a healthy adult, you'll be miserable for a couple of days, but you'll get over it. If you're around babies or the elderly and pass it on to them, they might not be so lucky. It's herd immunity - you get the shot so you don't pass it to people with compromised immune systems who can't get it. It's the same with most vaccines. I started getting the flu shot because I was around babies more and I figured better safe than sorry.

one of my coworkers doesn't believe in vaccines and it is the most frustrating/scary thing ever.

I've never had the flu, once my entire family had the flu.....and I went about my life as usual

I've gotten flu shots the last 2 years because I work at a public library...and the library gives them to staff for free (and the public...we have a library nurse )

Back