OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Gotchya. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see that. I wonder why she killed it or if she really knew it was someone's cat. Could she have not known and her killing it while they were out of town was just a coincidence? I want to assume that if she knew it was actually a pet cat she wouldn't be so stupid to post her deed on Facebook... Now I'm extra -> :confused:

From what I have heard she knew it was a pet, but she is arrogant, and felt she was untouchable. On her post (before she deleted it) someone commented "You should delete this. You might get fired." She commented/replied back before finding out she was fired "'And no I did not lose my job. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I'm awesome."

Her exact quote is from this article "Texas vet Kristen Lindsey fired after posting picture of cat she killed with an ARROW | Daily Mail Online" There is a screen shot of it somewhere, but I can't find it now.

Last edited:
I don't really post on here but I'm excited so I thought I'd share!

I have an interview next week for a marketing position at Eastern State Penitentiary. It'd be seasonal (until the end of Terror Behind the Walls, their haunted attraction), but it's great experience and a way to make money while I try to find something more permanent.

I graduate in 3 weeks, so the job hunt has been giving me a lot of anxiety. Simply getting the chance for an interview has been a little bit of a relief.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone good at scrapbooking? I'm suuuper un-crafty but very sentimental. My school just won the NCAA Hockey Championship, and I've kept all of my tickets from every game I've gone to since undergrad in what's essentially a photo album, and I can't figure out how to make some sort of commemorative page for this year's team/their victory. The tickets are huge (picture here: Instagram ...feel free to creep the rest of my life) and I have a lanyard from the weekend as well that I want to stick in there.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Is it a 3-ring scrapbook with 12x12 pages? Do you also want to put pictures in there or just the tickets?
If it is a 3-ring scrapbook with 12x12 pages I'd recommend you get one of those pocket-things (I know there are ones for "project life" to stick the lanyard inf. They have them in different sizes, just pick one that fits you scrapbook.

What I personally like to look back on are little stories that go with the pictures (if the picture doesn't already tell it all), so I'd recommend you write something next to each ticket - how did you feel before/during/after the game, was the win expcected or not, etc. From what I read on here that win of the Championship was rather unexpected, right? So I'd probably do a 12x12 spread for 3 or 4 tickets that lead to the finals, and then probably one for the semi-finals and one for the finals (if not even a 2-page spread for the finals).
If you need any layout ideas i'd just search pinterest for "scrapbook hockey". You'll get tons of ideas then. I'd personally also do the pages in your school colors.

Is it a 3-ring scrapbook with 12x12 pages? Do you also want to put pictures in there or just the tickets?
If it is a 3-ring scrapbook with 12x12 pages I'd recommend you get one of those pocket-things (I know there are ones for "project life" to stick the lanyard inf. They have them in different sizes, just pick one that fits you scrapbook.

What I personally like to look back on are little stories that go with the pictures (if the picture doesn't already tell it all), so I'd recommend you write something next to each ticket - how did you feel before/during/after the game, was the win expcected or not, etc. From what I read on here that win of the Championship was rather unexpected, right? So I'd probably do a 12x12 spread for 3 or 4 tickets that lead to the finals, and then probably one for the semi-finals and one for the finals (if not even a 2-page spread for the finals).
If you need any layout ideas i'd just search pinterest for "scrapbook hockey". You'll get tons of ideas then. I'd personally also do the pages in your school colors.

Thanks! It's a 12x12. I'm getting one of my school's newspapers shipped to me, so I think I'm going to use cutouts from that as well. I think I'm going to do a page of just the tickets and lanyard and then a "AFDKSFHDSFSDF THEY DID IT!!!" page celebrating everything.

I didn't even think of pinterest, ha, I'm dumb.

I guess I don't understand the outrage... It was a feral cat, was it not? I don't see this being any different from someone trapping and killing an animal in their neighborhood. Because she's a vet and it was a wild cat, not a rabbit or coyote, she gets in trouble? Am I missing something here? (Wait, it seems we're missing the other side of the story...) The picture is in bad taste though. And as a passionate animal lover I am always sad to see any animal killed. But I don't see the problem with it where she needs to be fired and there needs to be a petition.

This post was not directed at you :p just my commentary on the subject.

what would be a reason for killing small, ubran, non-threatening wild life, such as cats (even feral ones)? the overpopulation of unwanted cats and dogs is a human created issue. the only thing that moronic so-called vet should have done was trapped, neutered and returned it. that is the proper response to feral cats, not putting an arrow through its head. she seems like the deranged type to sit outside on her porch with a bb gun ready to pelt birds around her car, so they dont do their business on her precious vehicle.

what would be a reason for killing small, ubran, non-threatening wild life, such as cats (even feral ones)? the overpopulation of unwanted cats and dogs is a human created issue. the only thing that moronic so-called vet should have done was trapped, neutered and returned it. that is the proper response to feral cats, not putting an arrow through its head. she seems like the deranged type to sit outside on her porch with a bb gun ready to pelt birds around her car, so they dont do their business on her precious vehicle.

There is no reason for killing a non threatening animal. But if the cat were feral and threatening, then I wouldn't care if she had killed it or not. Which is why I had mentioned we were missing the other side of the story when I had thought it was feral. Some feral cats are viscous so I didn't know if maybe that one was or if it was threatening the well being of children, pets, etc enough for her to kill it.

There is no reason for killing a non threatening animal. But if the cat were feral and threatening, then I wouldn't care if she had killed it or not. Which is why I had mentioned we were missing the other side of the story when I had thought it was feral. Some feral cats are viscous so I didn't know if maybe that one was or if it was threatening the well being of children, pets, etc enough for her to kill it.

she stated, "the only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head." thats a generalization that implies that she feels that way about any feral tomcat and isnt concerned about specific behavior.

she stated, "the only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head." thats a generalization that implies that she feels that way about any feral tomcat and isnt concerned about specific behavior.

I agree. Her statements were awful and show her true character / lack of character. Once people saw her comments and heard the real story I think they understood. Even after everything that has happened she has not apologized. She started a page for people who support her and her right to do what she did.

Last edited:

Did you originally quote me because you had an issue with what I said? Because it sounds like you have an issue with what she said. I do not share her views...

Did you originally quote me because you had an issue with what I said? Because it sounds like you have an issue with what she said. I do not share her views...
i just didnt think that there was another side to the story (being attacked by the cat) other than her having a kill feral tomcat on site mentality. the arrow was to the back of the cat's head, and feral cats are instinctively afraid of people. on top of that, it actually turned out to be some house cat.

even big cats run away from people:

i just didnt think that there was another side to the story (being attacked by the cat) other than her having a kill feral tomcat on site mentality. the arrow was to the back of the cat's head, and feral cats are instinctively afraid of people. on top of that, it actually turned out to be some house cat.

even big cats run away from people:

Just because a cat is afraid of people doesn't mean it can't be dangerous. Cats, like all animals, can act violently out of fear. At the time I thought the cat was indeed feral, I was wondering what made her kill the cat. Was it attacking her pets? Threatening her family? Destroying property? This was the other side of the story I was looking for. So yes, based on my knowledge at the time and what I had thought had happened, there was another side to the story. I thought people were getting mad at her for killing a wild cat when people kill animals all the time for many reasons. I didn't see the reason people were getting upset.

Why does it matter? The cat wasn't even feral.

Back