OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Is anyone good at scrapbooking? I'm suuuper un-crafty but very sentimental. My school just won the NCAA Hockey Championship, and I've kept all of my tickets from every game I've gone to since undergrad in what's essentially a photo album, and I can't figure out how to make some sort of commemorative page for this year's team/their victory. The tickets are huge (picture here: Instagram ...feel free to creep the rest of my life) and I have a lanyard from the weekend as well that I want to stick in there.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I got a new job today! I work at a cafe that makes crepes, salads and coffees! I'm so excited. Since it's such a small place I'm going to be doing a little of everything and I'm so excited! Especially to learn how to make the crepes. The owners took a trip to France and got the idea for the cafe so everything is supposed to be just like it is in France! So fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a new job today! I work at a cafe that makes crepes, salads and coffees! I'm so excited. Since it's such a small place I'm going to be doing a little of everything and I'm so excited! Especially to learn how to make the crepes. The owners took a trip to France and got the idea for the cafe so everything is supposed to be just like it is in France! So fun.

Congratulations ! And good luck learning to make crêpes. Crêpes are part of the specific culinary customs of my region, and I'm still pretty hopeless at it (though admittedly, I'm not a good cook to begin with). It can be very tricky depending on the consistency of the batter you use. In my region, the batter is traditionnally very liquid and the crepes are supposed to be very very thin, so it's a nightmare to spread evenly and without holes. But if it's "Paris style" crêpes, the batter is thicker and easier to deal with. Either way, they're delicious :D (in my completely unbiased opinion of course).

Congratulations ! And good luck learning to make crêpes. Crêpes are part of the specific culinary customs of my region, and I'm still pretty hopeless at it (though admittedly, I'm not a good cook to begin with). It can be very tricky depending on the consistency of the batter you use. In my region, the batter is traditionnally very liquid and the crepes are supposed to be very very thin, so it's a nightmare to spread evenly and without holes. But if it's "Paris style" crêpes, the batter is thicker and easier to deal with. Either way, they're delicious :D (in my completely unbiased opinion of course).
Thanks so much!!!! And yeah she makes them pretty thin too!! She cooks them on big circular slab grills and spreads the batter with this weird tool in a circular motion. I think the only thing she tweaked from France-y crepes is putting more filling inside them. I was so surprised at how many flavors there are. I love to cook but I've never made crepes before so this will be interesting!!

Thanks so much!!!! And yeah she makes them pretty thin too!! She cooks them on big circular slab grills and spreads the batter with this weird tool in a circular motion. I think the only thing she tweaked from France-y crepes is putting more filling inside them. I was so surprised at how many flavors there are. I love to cook but I've never made crepes before so this will be interesting!!

The tool used to spread the batter is called a "rake" in French (might not be the proper translation in English but it kind of looks like a miniature gardening rake, without spikes). And the flavors are pretty unlimited. If you like something, you can put it in there !

I loooooooooove crepes, but I cannot make them.

Before today, I had never seen gossip girl (because I'm 41). I've now seen the entire first season. No, really Netflix, it's cool. Worlds is in a week - I didn't have anything else to do today.

I binged watched Gossip Girl back in January. All of the seasons

I felt like it was worth it.

I guess I don't understand the outrage... It was a feral cat, was it not? I don't see this being any different from someone trapping and killing an animal in their neighborhood. Because she's a vet and it was a wild cat, not a rabbit or coyote, she gets in trouble? Am I missing something here? (Wait, it seems we're missing the other side of the story...) The picture is in bad taste though. And as a passionate animal lover I am always sad to see any animal killed. But I don't see the problem with it where she needs to be fired and there needs to be a petition.

This post was not directed at you :p just my commentary on the subject.

I guess I don't understand the outrage... It was a feral cat, was it not? I don't see this being any different from someone trapping and killing an animal in their neighborhood. Because she's a vet and it was a wild cat, not a rabbit or coyote, she gets in trouble? Am I missing something here? (Wait, it seems we're missing the other side of the story...) The picture is in bad taste though. And as a passionate animal lover I am always sad to see any animal killed. But I don't see the problem with it where she needs to be fired and there needs to be a petition.

This post was not directed at you :p just my commentary on the subject.

No it was a pet cat named Tiger that belonged to an elderly couple. She is a vet. She is suppose to save and protect animals.

Hmmmmmm I didn't read that in the article :confused:

It is at the very bottom of the article. I also live near Brenham and know people closer to the situation. It was definitely a pet cat. She waited & killed it when it's elderly owners went out of town. If she wasn't a vet I would not feel as strongly about this.

It is at the very bottom of the article. I also live near Brenham and know people closer to the situation. It was definitely a pet cat. She waited & killed it when it's elderly owners went out of town. If she wasn't a vet I would not feel as strongly about this.

Gotchya. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see that. I wonder why she killed it or if she really knew it was someone's cat. Could she have not known and her killing it while they were out of town was just a coincidence? I want to assume that if she knew it was actually a pet cat she wouldn't be so stupid to post her deed on Facebook... Now I'm extra -> :confused:

Back