OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is so creative! :)

CE_dLsHWMAIGK91.jpg

Tsarnaev just got the death penalty and I am crying tears of joy. #bostonstrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at work in Boston on that day. I remember the panic and terror and rumors that there were bombs in the subway and holy crap how am I going to get home from work, I don't want to get on the T. I took the commuter rail to my parent's house. It seemed the safest way out of the city.

But I have the complete opposite feeling today as you do. I have this weird pit in my stomach knowing that we'll have to keep hearing his name and seeing his face every time he appeals his sentence. Which will happen. A lot. Because that's what happens when you're on death row and your life is on the line.

Tsarnaev just got the death penalty and I am crying tears of joy. #bostonstrong

I'm so torn.

On one hand, I want to see him dead because of what he did. I absolutely believe in a life for a life; however, because of our justice system and knowing the rights he now has gained, my heart breaks for the survivors who will be in and out for court for at least the next 10 years as appeals go through.

If this were a case where he was sentenced, pulled outside, and hung for all to see...I'm game. In this case though, I'm in the middle.

Special Happy Birthday shout out to a certain team mom. Hope the almost 3k you collected from families and walked away with bought you something special.

**Lets see if loyalty is a 2 way street. Stop paying for your gyms services and see if they are loyal to you**
:jawdrop: :deathdrop::wham:

I was at work in Boston on that day. I remember the panic and terror and rumors that there were bombs in the subway and holy crap how am I going to get home from work, I don't want to get on the T. I took the commuter rail to my parent's house. It seemed the safest way out of the city.

But I have the complete opposite feeling today as you do. I have this weird pit in my stomach knowing that we'll have to keep hearing his name and seeing his face every time he appeals his sentence. Which will happen. A lot. Because that's what happens when you're on death row and your life is on the line.
I can see this side too, in my practical side. But my emotional side and my relationship with the marathon definitely wins here. Normally, I'm not really for the death penalty.

My dads a lawyer/law professor and is against the death penalty. He isn't thrilled with the verdict, but said that approximately 3 out of the 70-something (give or take a few) people sentenced to death row have actually been executed. It's certainly gonna be a long ride that's for sure.

Double post. But for staff work week, we have a Disney theme day. Any creative ideas that three people could be (aka using the triplet thing to our advantage :) )
Or Cinderella and the 2 stepsisters (LOL imagine the fight over that one?)

Snow White and two of the Seven Dwarves?

Ariel and two of her mermaid sisters?

Beyoncé and her backup dancers--I mean, Destiny's Child? (Not Disney, but I got a bit carried away with the 3 theme lol)

Last edited:
Back