OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Even though those that get the death penalty took away others right to live? I agree that rotting in prison can be far worse of a punishment but he took lives of innocent people.

Maybe I'm a little bit more emotional towards this because my cousin and his fiance finished the race just 16 minutes before the bomb went off and it was a terrifying situation to be in.
Yep, even so. I don't want to get all philosophical, but I will never believe in 'an eye for an eye'. It's not justice, to me, it's a flawed form of vengeance. Even a criminal has a right to life.

I'm 100% against the death penalty and will never, ever be convinced that it is anything other than state-ordered murder. The appeals will take decades, the cost will be huge, and someone will die. Let him rot in jail without parole, but don't take away someone's right to life.

I respect your opinion.

In my opinion, you forfeit your right to life when you purposely take someone else's away. Also, in my opinion, a life spent in jail is not a life.

ETA: Fun fact of the day - my absolute biggest fear in life is to go to jail. Like more than dying.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion.

In my opinion, you forfeit your right to life when you take someone else's away. Also, in my opinion, a life spent in jail is not a life.

ETA: Fun fact of the day - my absolute biggest fear in life is to go to jail. Like more than dying.
A lifetime in near-complete solitary confinement, in a maximum security jail, with no family or friends, sounds like a pretty horrible existence to me...
Yet it still preserves basic human dignity and the sanctity of life, which is why I support it over death.

I do realize, though, that I now live in a country where many people disagree with me on this. When two Aussies were unjustly executed in Indonesia recently, I was asked about it a LOT. And tons of people here believed that they should have died.

Eek! Why the long delay? Do they have an ETA on when it should be there?

People didn't pay on time so she used our uniform fees for a competition we went to. They are meant to arrive on 24th june
I am annoyed because I joined in late in feb and paid all my fees in the first 2 weeks and most had been there since september and hadnt paid

For clarification dzhokhar tsarnaev is going to a maximum security prison, probably somewhere like ADX Florence in Colorado with all the other domestic terrorist like the Una Bomber. He's not going to "jail". Jails are not prisons for these purposes

Secondly I'm glad he got the death penalty. I think all murderers should be sentenced to death. My grandmother was murdered in front of my father when he was 7 and that person walked free after 20 years. I will always be an eye for an eye. I personally deep down think that part of him wanted the death penalty anyway and suicide was the end point of their mission to begin with and that's where he was headed on that night. I could be wrong but that's just how I feel.

Also. Last week a man called my library asking for the mailing address of his "friend" and when he spelled " D-Z-H"I began to entirely go off on him. I'm surprised I was able to not use profanity.

To make matters worse when I called the number back to speak with someone in charge of the Mental Hospital at the Prison where he was they basically told me that they don't care and don't keep track of inmates class. Now my only real knowledge of prison comes from Wikipedia and TV. On OITNB they listen to inmates calls at a minimum security prison....but those slacka------ mean to tell me that they let the crazies at the mental hospital in the prison do whatever tf they want on the phone.

I was livid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lifetime in near-complete solitary confinement, in a maximum security jail, with no family or friends, sounds like a pretty horrible existence to me...
Yet it still preserves basic human dignity and the sanctity of life, which is why I support it over death.

I do realize, though, that I now live in a country where many people disagree with me on this. When two Aussies were unjustly executed in Indonesia recently, I was asked about it a LOT. And tons of people here believed that they should have died.

The thing is, the solitary confinement is only at the beginning. As time goes on, he has the ability to earn more rights like having a television, communication, he could pen a movie deal or a book deal during any of this with the money going essentially wherever he wanted it to, extra time outside...etc. etc.

I don't know... His sentence will end up costing the taxpayers more than if he had been sentenced to life in prison. And if my obsessive watching of Lockup has taught me anything it's that he'll be kept alone as much as possible, to keep the other inmates from attacking him.

Death penalty cases almost always end up costing more than life in prison; though he's so young, I wonder if that would skew that number. I personally don't see him 'living' in prison all that long---he wanted to be a martyr and all that.

People didn't pay on time so she used our uniform fees for a competition we went to. They are meant to arrive on 24th june
I am annoyed because I joined in late in feb and paid all my fees in the first 2 weeks and most had been there since september and hadnt paid

That sounds frustrating!

The thing is, the solitary confinement is only at the beginning. As time goes on, he has the ability to earn more rights like having a television, communication, he could pen a movie deal or a book deal during any of this with the money going essentially wherever he wanted it !
It's my understanding from other death penalty cases any money made from by him from this would not go to him. And solitary confinement would be for his safety so it can go on indefinitely.

just found this. and its awesome.. i also have noticed that sister act has been on tv the past 3 days.... they really dont make good movies like this anymore, its sad.

The thing is, the solitary confinement is only at the beginning. As time goes on, he has the ability to earn more rights like having a television, communication, he could pen a movie deal or a book deal during any of this with the money going essentially wherever he wanted it to, extra time outside...etc. etc.

I doubt it. The Federal Court would never let a convicted terrorist be given a whole lot of freedom. And for his own safety they'll keep him fairly isolated from the other prisoners.

But, honestly, if he were to earn a few more benefits, isn't that a good thing? The two main points of jail are the removal from society, and rehabilitation. Good behavior is rewarded because we need to try and integrate these people back into society, through helping them develop a skill, maintain ties to society, etc. And it is genuinely possible for rehabilitation to work!
But if you just go ahead and kill them, then the entire process is useless.

I doubt it. The Federal Court would never let a convicted terrorist be given any more freedoms than he deserves. And for his own safety they'll keep him fairly isolated from the other prisoners.

But, honestly, if he were to earn a few more benefits, isn't that a good thing? The two main points of jail are the removal from society, and rehabilitation. Good behavior is rewarded because we need to try and integrate these people back into society, through helping them develop a skill, maintain ties to society, etc. Even if someone is never going to see the outside world again, we still need to rehabilitate them.
Maybe I'm cold and heartless, but this guy does not deserve rehab or any type of benefits or anything. Rehab is not for terrorists.

Why should he get benefits when he took those opportunities away from numerous innocent people on purpose?

Sorry, I can respect your opinion but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know many of you are for the death penalty, and as hard as I might want to be for it, I just cannot... My problem with the the death penalty is, how unevenly it is applied, the fact, that based on your class, financial standing and unfortunately, the amount of melanin you have in your skin, speech or accent, will and can determine whether you will die or live and we are also living in a country that is so unjust itself, when you think, a rich person never been sentenced to died for their crimes...Another reason, I just think of all the innocent people who were sentenced to die and than later DNA evidence free them at the last hour or worse, innocent people, who were executed and DNA evidence later clear them of the crime or even shoddy police work, recanted eyewitnesses come forward, etc...
I even think, living in a state that have a death penalty, in some ways endangered all of us, Why? Criminals in these states will most likely kill a witness, in my opinion...

PS: I think having to live locked up for 50 or more years is hard from what I heard about jail, this young guy will live every moment of his life in fear, trust me, look at what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer, that is a worse fate!. Death for this Boston guy is and will be too easy...

Last edited:
late to the death penalty party, but wasn't suicide the end goal of the boston bomber? is the death penalty not just giving him what he wants?

I'm not against the death penalty, but with the religions/beliefs of the various past terrorists, they usually believe they're being martyrs for their cause. For that reason, I feel we should force them to stay alive for all of eternity and let them feel they failed their higher being by not dying and "sacrificing" their lives.

I doubt it. The Federal Court would never let a convicted terrorist be given a whole lot of freedom. And for his own safety they'll keep him fairly isolated from the other prisoners.

But, honestly, if he were to earn a few more benefits, isn't that a good thing? The two main points of jail are the removal from society, and rehabilitation. Good behavior is rewarded because we need to try and integrate these people back into society, through helping them develop a skill, maintain ties to society, etc. And it is genuinely possible for rehabilitation to work!
But if you just go ahead and kill them, then the entire process is useless.

The intent of jail may be rehabilitation in the United States, but it is so far from the reality of what really happens that even the idea of rehabilitation in our current jail system is laughable. I've considered the way other countries handle jail; if we did it, only after decriminalizing drugs and poverty, I think we'd have a better overall society---until then, our jail system is nothing but another form of big business where most of our jails are switching to for-profit businesses that make money when more people come through their doors. They literally have absolutely no intensive to help these people.

As for his benefits, 10 years from now no one is going to be talking about him unless he's up for execution or in the middle of an appeal. When he gains the ability to watch TV or gain internet access, no one will care enough to question it.

I know many of you are for the death penalty, and as hard as I might want to be for it, I just cannot... My problem with the the death penalty, it is how unevenly it is applied, the fact, that based on your class, financial standing and unfortunately, the amount melanin you have in your system, speech or accent, will determine whether you will die or live and we are living in a country that is so unjust itself, when you think, a rich person never been sentenced to died for their crimes...Another reason, I just think of all the innocent people who were sentenced to die and later DNA evidence free them at the last hour or worse, innocent people, who were executed and DNA evidence clear them or the crime or even shoddy police work, recanted eyewitnesses come forward, etc... I even think, living in a state that have a death penalty, in some ways endangered all of us, why? Criminals in these states will most likely kill a witness, in my opinion...

I agree with you, in most cases, and it angers me that in the past few months we've released more than a few people from either life in prison or death row who happened to be black in the 80's. It pisses me off to no end, however, I consider this case to be an exception because there is absolutely no question he did it and is a terrorist.

Latest posts

Back