OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think Jill got the "best" husband out of all of them--not sure how they agreed with someone who actually has real-world college experience, but I'm glad they did. Plus she's totally okay with her son going to OSU!

I don't think ole Izzy will get to go to college. On the delivery episode, Derrick said something that made it seem like he'd drank enough kool-aid and was headed to full on fundie. It was something about the way he said that if the Lord directed him toward college blah blah blah, that made me think "nahh he can't go". It was just something about the verbiage. And if he did go to college it would be Crown College or The college of the ozarks where he wont happen upon worldly, secular values and things of that nature.

Also Jill once said something that lead me to believe that she wants Derrick to eventually leave the Walmart job and work for Jim Bob. Which I doubt will happen now with this fall out, depending on the outcome

Side note. Huge baby. Can't believe she tried to have him at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josiah has been sent away to his own version of 'camp' though not the same one as Josh; most assume it's because he's actually gay.

I absolutely agree with you about Jessa & Ben---what they're going to do now is definitely unknown. He has no real education and no real prospects or life experience, and now that she's preggo, she certainly won't be able to work. They needed the money from TLC that is on it's way of drying up.

He has a tech school poli sci degree. In short...he's screwed with his Jim Bob work.

And he Josiah homosexuality rumor is what I was getting at, but I don't want to speculate on anyone's sexuality. He got sent to ALERT more times than anyone else to straighten him out.

He's also the one that got upset with J'Uterus announced her last pregnancy (with Jubilee). Although some people say Jana yelled "Siah don't call" instead of "Siah don't cry" when he ran off. Then the photo stills happen and it looks like he's rubbing his arm when the scene returns.

Yeah, Jess and Ben seemed primed and ready to use their fame to push their fundamentalist agenda. Jill is a sweatheart who believes all that stuff, but doesn't seem very interested in preaching it. Neither of them are getting out of the quiverful movement anytime soon.

I kind of agree with you. Your daughters are victims, absolutely, but it's still your son. What do you do? Are you really going to turn him into the cops? Or do what you can to get help without getting the authorities involved. Is that the right decision? Probably not. But I think they were trying to protect their family.

I would, without question or doubt, go to the authorities and seek help. The multiple instances, the age range, the secrecy of doing it in the dark, the fact that one was FOUR YEARS OLD (I have a 4 year old and this makes me want to vomit at the idea of anyone touc...I can't even finish that)...the reality is, there is experimenting and there is a deeper psychological issue. Whether it be because of the constraints of how he was raised or he was born that way (psychologists argue environment is as important as biology in these cases); he needed help, certified help with real experience in these types of cases. This goes far beyond experimenting---the fact that they believe he's just magically better is baffling. Knowing what I know about the psychology behind child molesters, child predators, rapists...etc, etc (and I'm not claiming to be an all encompassing know-it-all; I do still have to finish my Masters and finish my licensing before I get to talk all official like), these thoughts are likely still there---he likely has learned how to cope with them as an adult, even hide them, but they're probably not gone. The fact that he has a daughter, is by far, the most disturbing fact beyond that JC and Michelle let him near his sisters after only 3 months.

I'd like to think ignorance is bliss---but Jb and Michelle had enough real world life before they went to Christian extremism, and this was done, imo, because of their imagine. The children being ignorant isn't surprising, but not the parents---they knew better, and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

He has a tech school poli sci degree. In short...he's screwed with his Jim Bob work.

And he Josiah homosexuality rumor is what I was getting at, but I don't want to speculate on anyone's sexuality. He got sent to ALERT more times than anyone else to straighten him out.

He's also the one that got upset with J'Uterus announced her last pregnancy (with Jubilee). Although some people say Jana yelled "Siah don't call" instead of "Siah don't cry" when he ran off. Then the photo stills happen and it looks like he's rubbing his arm when the scene returns.

ALERT---for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. My only hope for Josiah---straight or gay, hell even bi---is he is able to find happiness within himself because everyone deserves to be happy. He seems happy with his courtship, but she's such a spit fire, I can see her taking over the more dominant role which he may actually be happier with.

My boyfriend and I are having this argument because he thinks this teal shower curtain I want is green. I think it's more blue, personally. I even showed him Coed Elite's uniforms (first ones I could find) and he swears they look green to him. I need someone to settle this argument please.

Josiah has been sent away to his own version of 'camp' though not the same one as Josh; most assume it's because he's actually gay.

I absolutely agree with you about Jessa & Ben---what they're going to do now is definitely unknown. He has no real education and no real prospects or life experience, and now that she's preggo, she certainly won't be able to work. They needed the money from TLC that is on it's way of drying up.

He actually just graduated with an associate's degree apparently. But yeah, I think they'll be relying on living in the house rent free courtesy of his parents.

Well it was really more of a question about teal in general, but here's the shower curtain in question!
Mainstays Fretwork Shower Curtain - Walmart.com

In my opinion, this is definitely bluer than it is green. But in my experience, these disagreements are never resolved.

There is some subjectivity to color perception. Where I come from, the regional language spoken mostly by elderly people has the same word for blue and green. So quite a few people use either one for a wide range of shades. I mean they can tell the difference between the color of the grass and the color of the sky and name it right, but in their youth, they learned to see blue and green as two shades of the same color, so they don't really try to make a difference. I also had a similar issue with a friend in high school about a car I thought was some kind of greenish yellow, she thought it was yellowish green. I guess the same can be said about a lot of "in between" shades like.

He actually just graduated with an associate's degree apparently. But yeah, I think they'll be relying on living in the house rent free courtesy of his parents.

Yeah I saw that; though it doesn't seem like an AA means much anymore. I wonder if he plans on getting a 4 year degree in something.

Yeah I saw that; though it doesn't seem like an AA means much anymore. I wonder if he plans on getting a 4 year degree in something.

He'd better. Baby Bin is going to want to eat, and Jessa doesn't have much to offer the world in terms of working

Although if the whole family turns on each other and starts writing tell all books and things they'd be set.

Where did you hear that about Josiah?

ETA: what is Alert

Back