OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Employment rant:
I've been at my job for eight months. I'm constantly at the top of our weekly rankings for our goals and how well we do with in the store. I am cross trained in three departments so it's very easy to schedule me wherever needed. my availability is pretty much all day every day, other then days I needed off for camps. I went from getting close to 30 hours a week to only getting seven. They just hired a bunch of new people and now all the new people are getting 30 and close to 40 hours a week when I have been here for eight months and now I'm getting next to nothing, unless I pick up shifts for the new people when they call off halfway through their scheduled shift. I'm staying with my parents over the summer, so it's an hour for me to get to work, for the remainder of someone else's shift.

I'm just really mad because it feels like I'm being punished for having another job, when they hired me knowing what my summer was going to be like.

All of this just frustrates me more. I am none of the things mentioned and my rates are nearly double what @SmileyRyleigh mentioned. I have no tickets, one fender bender nearly four years ago, female driver, almost 25. I've even changed companies several times. I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND.

What's your coverage? What car do you drive? It obviously varies state to state, but she might have much lower coverage levels than you do. And it even varies town by town. I've moved a few times in the last year and my insurance rate has been all over the place up and down with each move.

I think 26 is the magic age when your insurance rates drop a bit.

All of this just frustrates me more. I am none of the things mentioned and my rates are nearly double what @SmileyRyleigh mentioned. I have no tickets, one fender bender nearly four years ago, female driver, almost 25. I've even changed companies several times. I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND.
Location plays a huge part in insurance. If you are close to an area that has a higher collision rate, in the city, how long you've been driving, etc. I moved literally 10 min away from where I had moved previously and it went up an extra 20 a month lol

Yes I'm so glad to hear this! I wanna see this movie so bad. I'm really not into Jurassic Park but this new one looked great! I'll patiently wait until it comes out on DVD though.

I will always think the 1st one is the best, but this one is clearly in 2nd place. It was good.

Location plays a huge part in insurance. If you are close to an area that has a higher collision rate, in the city, how long you've been driving, etc. I moved literally 10 min away from where I had moved previously and it went up an extra 20 a month lol

Yep. I've moved a few times between a few towns that are right next to each other and my insurance has fluctuated a few hundred dollars/year depending on which town I'm in.

What's your coverage? What car do you drive? It obviously varies state to state, but she might have much lower coverage levels than you do. And it even varies town by town. I've moved a few times in the last year and my insurance rate has been all over the place up and down with each move.

I think 26 is the magic age when your insurance rates drop a bit.
Very true. I need to break it down with my parents this summer and see what I'm actually paying for vs what I really need. It's a 2013 Hyundai SUV, so nothing really crazy.

Happy 23rd birthday to me!! Currently in Louisiana and will be driving the rest of the way to Houston today! I'm excited and nervous to spend the next 2 months there.

Happy Birthday!!! Hope your car has good air conditioning cause it is hot as heck here! :cool:

Hey if anyone would like to donate to my walk I would crazy appreciate it!! It's Sunday and I'm so close to my goal! Well sort of haha 210 away but that's doable I think :) lol pm me for the link if you'd like to help me out! Thanks!!

Happy Birthday!!! Hope your car has good air conditioning cause it is hot as heck here! :cool:
Thanks, it does haha. Virginia has days where it gets as hot and humid, but like maybe once a week if that. It's going to be hard to get used to it being like that every single day. Of course I'm only here for the summer, too.

In addition to the type of card and specific coverages Geographic area also comes into play with insurance rates. I pay a higher rate because I have a city mailing zip code although I do not actually live in the city. I live in the town of X and pay all my taxes there and not a single penny to the city.

Anybody have any Father's Day gift ideas? My dad likes (loves) KU basketball and golf and he works in computer programming.

Fierceboard dads: what was the best gift you received for Father's Day?

He always tells me not to buy him anything and I know he is serious but it's something I want to do for him because he does so much for me.

I know I want to do an activity of some kind on Father's Day with him, I was thinking mini golf but I'm not positive yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody have any Father's Day gift ideas? My dad likes (loves) KU basketball and golf and he works in computer programming.

Fierceboard dads: what was the best gift you received for Father's Day?

He always tells me not to buy him anything and I know he is serious but it's something I want to do for him because he does so much for me.

I know I want to do an activity of some kind on Father's Day with him, I was thinking mini golf but I'm not positive yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a suggestion.

Harley-Davidson

**Always post responsibly**

Back