OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
:(@ ErinS, I definitely agree with you and I am planning to donate 100% of my money to Mother Emmanuel AME, I do not need another tee-shirt and I take high offense that a tragedy such as this be compared to buying a cheer tee-shirt and exploited for a profit... No one should profit from this and I cringe at the ideal that people are killed in the house of God and I am now afraid to sit in church now, I attend an AME church and I am thinking now about all the church bombings during the Civil Rights movement...Btw, I actually knew the lady (victim), who was killed and her family from Newark, NJ...

I would like to think their intentions are good but that is no $9 bulk price shirt. I would hate to see anyone try to profit off of a tragedy. I feel the same way about Mitt Romney running his mouth about the Confederate flag. Yes it should be removed but he didn't care about it a week ago and is only using this tragedy for political gain.
Erin I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the horror and sadness friends and family are feeling. My thoughts are with you.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Their intentions aren't good. They want to profit. Why do you need a shirt to show your respect, support, honor those people and those families. It's just some stupid sorority company prey on sorority girls that will be quick to throw down some money to show their faux concern....when the reality of the situation is they just think it's a cute sad shirt, about a cute little southern city that everyone "loves" and it gives them faux depth, it shows their faux concern and it makes them feel faux better about some poor little black lives that were lost at the hands of some "mentally ill man that just needed some help". Miss me with the BS. Then they will go back to no longer faux caring about people they never gave a d-mn about to begin with.... BUT OHMEGEE YAYZ NEW CUTE SOUTHERN SHIRT WITH CHARLESTON IMAGERY TO ADD TO MY DRAWER.

So yes. If you are willing to spend $25 on a cheer shirt, awesome. If you're willing to spend $15 on those 9 people make sure those 9 people get all $15 of your dollars. If that's not your wish then it sounds to me like all you want is a sassy, southern t shirt to add to your collection....and that $4 dollar donation is just a by product of you simply wanting another shirt.

And about the confederate flag. You're right. Nobody cared about that flag 4 days ago, 4 weeks ago, 4 years ago, or 4 decades ago. That racist terrorist would have shot those 9 black people whether that flag had been taken down 4 days ago, 4 weeks ago, 4 years ago, or 4 decades ago. I'm born and raised in Columbia and I've been looking at that flag on some area of the state house grounds my entire life. No that flag doesn't belong there, yes it should be taken down but that flag doesn't make people be terrible and and do terrible things. That flag and what it stands for is deeply engrained in people's hearts here and THATS what killed those people. THATS what killed my friend. That flag is just symbolic of a larger issue in this state and when all of those people are laid to rest, when the camera crews leave it's going to continue to fly and all of those people...white black and other that are acting like the flag did this are going to go back forgetting that the flag is there just like they've done since 2000 when it was moved from the top of the state house and placed in the one special spot in the forefront of the grounds

People are still going to continue to be racists because nobody has offered a solution to fixing what is ingrained and deeply rooted in the hearts of so many here.

Now excuse me I'm going to go back to figuring out how I'm going to go back to work tomorrow. How I'm going to drive past the racist killers house. How I'm going to spend 8 hours working in a library he used to use. Then I'm going to figure how I'm going to do it over and over again until I either quit or get transferred. And then later on I'll figure out how to go to Cynthia's funeral.

And this is why I have refrained from talking to anyone other than my family and old coworkers since Thursday.

Cynthia wouldn't even want her name on that shirt btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:(@ ErinS, I definitely agree with you and I am planning to donate 100% of my money to Mother Emmanuel AME, I do not need another tee-shirt and I take high offense that a tragedy such as this be compared to buying a cheer tee-shirt and exploited for a profit... No one should profit from this and I cringe at the ideal that people are killed in the house of God and I am now afraid to sit in church now, I attend an AME church and I am thinking now about all the church bombings during the Civil Rights movement...Btw, I actually knew the lady (victim), who was killed and her family from Newark, NJ...

Cynthia's brother said it best at their family press conference Friday. Cynthia (and anyone else ) wasn't a victim. They were Christians and I'm trying my hardest to think of it that way.

And thank you.

@ ErinS, I am trying to be nice and honor my friend, I was actually closer friends with her sister... But I hate how insensitive people can be and reduced this tragedy to a fashion statement, okay, I ask what color are the tee-shirts and I look in my closet and see if I have some pants and accessories to match...jk, of course...
PS:
Tbh, those who are talking about buying tee-shirts, how will you feel if someone try to sell you a tee-shirt honoring Holocaust or 911 for a profit, a day after these things occurred...Does that seem right? Really!

I know you didn't do this. I know you don't mean any harm and I also know that I'm probably just a bi--ch right now considering

But

Don't buy a shirt. Donate the money to the Mother Emmanuel AME fund. It's just a way for them to make a profit. Make a buck. Commercialize a tragedy.

If that company cared. Truly cared about those 9 people....send proceeds from whatever other crap they sell to mother Emmanuel, to Clementa Pinckney, hell donate to toe CCPL friends of the library.

It makes me sick to see stuff like that. Like my God. Let's make a another cute southern shirt for people to waltz around in

But like I said. Anytime I open my mouth right now it's been unnecessarily full of anger and b---chy.

I'm owning it. But I also think Cynthia would high five me.

I felt the same way about all of the Boston Strong shirts after the bombing.

I agree with most all Boston Strong merchandise except for the original shirt sponsored by Adidas. 100% of those proceeds went to the One Fund. Not only did they not profit from the shirt but they incurred the expense of producing them.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

It's the exact opposite of what I saw them doing in Charleston this weekend

I was there Friday. Everyone was handing out free bottles of water literally on every corner. Walmart had people out passing water. Omega Psi Phi fraternity was passing out waters. The Alphas were passing out ribbons I believe. Parking garages were free. At the memorial at CofC they gave everyone a rose and most people took it back to the church afterward and then ended up having to shut down a street they hadn't planned on because of all of the people. Nobody was trying to make a buck off of tragedy.
947261d641e7cc7f013b219845d4b8de.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendations for furniture purchases? I'm looking to buy a full bedroom suit sometime in the near future. Do you feel like you have better luck at local places or big box stores?

Does anyone have any recommendations for furniture purchases? I'm looking to buy a full bedroom suit sometime in the near future. Do you feel like you have better luck at local places or big box stores?

Ooh exciting! I find that the local places/chains seem to have better quality stuff that will last a little longer than the big box stores - though it's a bit pricier. Also look through scratch and dent rooms. Sometimes you'll find amazing bargains there!

Pre-teen and teenage girls can be so cruel, even unintentionally. I really, truly hate this age.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Agree 100%. My little sister is 10 and is already going through this with her "friends". It absolutely breaks my heart. Just remind whoever is dealing with it that girls say hurtful things when they're jealous. They know you're prettier, smarter, more likable, etc. than them, and they want to take that away from you but they can't so they make you feel bad about yourself instead.
I've found some great deals at Ivan Smith and Ashley, and they always have some sort of sales going on. IKEA is great too, obviously, and surprisingly good quality for the prices. But while local places are usually better quality but more expensive, they might surprise you sometimes. We recently were in the market for new living room furniture and my parents are all about supporting local businesses, so we drove around to all these random little places.
I was so annoyed at the time because we probably could've found what we wanted quicker at a chain store, but the place we ultimately bought it as was local and the people were extremely nice. Long story short, they were having some huge promotion in recognition of a local festival and we ended up getting a couch and two living chairs with ottomans for under $1000 total. That doesn't sound that impressive bc it's still a lot of money, but we were proud! So yeah, you'll probably have better luck overall at big box stores, but don't write off local places completely :)

I don't know if Bob's Furniture is down by you, but me, my brother, my sister, and my cousin all ended up buying the Tribeca set. Completely independent of each other.

Tribeca | Bedroom Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture

It's not super high quality, but it's a step above IKEA and it's served me well for the past 5 years or so. When we move to a place with a big master bedroom I'm going to upgrade to a nicer set.

Omg that would be awful, totally agree! I did so much research hahaha I am so prepared. Doesn't hurt that my hairdresser is actually a genius! I was actually in Sally's yesterday to get a toner shampoo and there was a poor girl who was just searching for something to get the orange out of her new blonde hair, I felt soooooo bad for her hahaha
&thanks!! I def think i will love it- I am so jealous of blondes like all the time so might as well join the fun!!

I just did the same! Went from dark brown to blonde! My hair dresser is my cousin and one of his colour girls did an amazing job! She did the works!!! Highlights, ombré, some smudging thing to lighten the roots, and then she toned it and did this olaplex treatment so my hair wouldn't be crispy from the bleach! Looks great and then next time I can go more blonde but I'm gonna wait until prob end of August or so to do that since it's hard on the hair! But I love it :) I'd post a pic but I'm on my phone but if you go to my IG @aliciamarion you can see my hair how dark it was before and then after I got it done. It looks more blonde in the pic than it does in person though haha

Latest posts

Back