OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Thanks for the input everyone. I've found an Ikea set I really like so that's an option. There's also a local place in north Charlotte that my friend used. I really like her set and she has nothing but good things to say about them. I need lots of drawer space, and this set comes with a chest of drawers, dresser, nightstand, bed and mirror. Best of all, FREE DELIVERY. She said all she had to do was stand back and point. Amazing.

I need to time it right because I really don't want to move my furniture twice. August 15 is the moving day and if all works out I could have my stepdad come up and take my old set away and help move my boxes and bins while my new stuff gets delivered the same day. Or I could just move the boxes and set up the Ikea set that day if I go that route.

It's all a little overwhelming right now, I've never really shopped for furniture. Everything I currently have is a hand-me-down. I don't need anything too nice, I just want something new that looks uniform.

You're smart to do it in stages! I see so many girls come into work confused about why their hair is orange after trying to go from black to blonde! Especially when doing it themselves...good Lord. If you're going to go lighter, go to a professional! Going darker isn't as big of a deal though.

I hope you love it! I've been almost every ( natural) color there is but I always go back to blonde!
Sometimes I dye my hair myself, sometimes I go to a stylist. The hairdresser I had for years recently decided she hates doing hair and is now a car sales person :)s) so I did my own highlights for a while. I went to a new hairdresser last week (my mom's) and she got bleach on my forehead and then sprayed it with water, which made it drip down my face and into my EYES. She then burned me with the blow dryer, so I probably won't be going back there.

I'm meeting my roommate today! The roommate threads on here make me slightly terrified but she seems really normal so hopefully her hygiene and living habits are normal too. I guess I'll find out in August? Today I'm taking her around to some fun local places since she's not from here!

I just did the same! Went from dark brown to blonde! My hair dresser is my cousin and one of his colour girls did an amazing job! She did the works!!! Highlights, ombré, some smudging thing to lighten the roots, and then she toned it and did this olaplex treatment so my hair wouldn't be crispy from the bleach! Looks great and then next time I can go more blonde but I'm gonna wait until prob end of August or so to do that since it's hard on the hair! But I love it :) I'd post a pic but I'm on my phone but if you go to my IG @aliciamarion you can see my hair how dark it was before and then after I got it done. It looks more blonde in the pic than it does in person though haha
Omg looks so good!! I hope color that light looks as good on me as it does on you haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg looks so good!! I hope color that light looks as good on me as it does on you haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!! I'm sure it will look great! I'm excited to go more blonde the next time! :) I was at the salon for 5 hours lol took so long but worth it. Plus my cousin owns the salon so I don't pay a butt load.

Sometimes I dye my hair myself, sometimes I go to a stylist. The hairdresser I had for years recently decided she hates doing hair and is now a car sales person :)s) so I did my own highlights for a while. I went to a new hairdresser last week (my mom's) and she got bleach on my forehead and then sprayed it with water, which made it drip down my face and into my EYES. She then burned me with the blow dryer, so I probably won't be going back there.
Hahah what a random career change! I was just saying that in general, if you're lightening your hair it's best to get it done by a professional. Knowing what volume and developer to use is tricky and not everyone realizes that you will most likely need to tone it(whoever mentioned olaplex...that stuff is liquid gold for your hair I swear). But props to you for being able to! One of my friends did it for years too but for most people, going to a salon is the best bet.

I'm meeting my roommate today! The roommate threads on here make me slightly terrified but she seems really normal so hopefully her hygiene and living habits are normal too. I guess I'll find out in August? Today I'm taking her around to some fun local places since she's not from here!

Good luck!

and for future reference if something goes awry feel free to come to me to vent. I've been through every possible type of roommate.

Hahah what a random career change! I was just saying that in general, if you're lightening your hair it's best to get it done by a professional. Knowing what volume and developer to use is tricky and not everyone realizes that you will most likely need to tone it(whoever mentioned olaplex...that stuff is liquid gold for your hair I swear). But props to you for being able to! One of my friends did it for years too but for most people, going to a salon is the best bet.
Yeah, I know a few people who have seriously messed up their hair trying to do it alone. I used to watch my hairdresser do mine and kinda just copy her haha, I think I'm going to apply to cosmetology school.

I sold a bunch of sorority shirts the other week and one girl took over a week to pay me and then wanted me to ship it out ASAP. I just got it out today, and the shipping and box was 11.65. I only charged her 7.50 for shipping thinking itd be enough, so I really only made like 15 bucks on the shirt that I sold for 20 after overages from shipping and then paypal fees. :(

Hopefully it went well. My oldest went to an Ed Sheeran concert with hers and they hit it off great. I laugh because mine only wanted to go to school out of state and yet is rooming with someone from Long Island.

I never had a roomate. I prefer having my own place even is it costs a little more.

I guess I hate people :p Or that when I come back from work, I just want my place to be peaceful.

Tomorrow is my company's summer outing. It's at a family fun/mini golf type of place and they're recommending casual dress and shorts and sneakers.

I work in software so I dress pretty casually to work - jeans - but I don't know if I can imagine wearing shorts in front of my coworkers. My shorts aren't all that short as far as women's shorts go, but it's still a lot of pasty leg to be showing. I'm probably over analyzing this though.

Tomorrow is my company's summer outing. It's at a family fun/mini golf type of place and they're recommending casual dress and shorts and sneakers.

I work in software so I dress pretty casually to work - jeans - but I don't know if I can imagine wearing shorts in front of my coworkers. My shorts aren't all that short as far as women's shorts go, but it's still a lot of pasty leg to be showing. I'm probably over analyzing this though.

My old job had lots of summer events at the beach and shorts were allowed, but i'd always end up in a sundress or linen-type capris. I just couldn't do shorts. Majority of my co-workers were also 30+ years older than me so it was just weird.

My old job had lots of summer events at the beach and shorts were allowed, but i'd always end up in a sundress or linen-type capris. I just couldn't do shorts. Majority of my co-workers were also 30+ years older than me so it was just weird.

Most of my coworkers are guys, and they're not much older than me. Many of them wear shorts to work, but their shorts are obviously much longer than mine. But yeah, I think because they're all guys it just feels weird to me to wear shorts.

I'll probably just wear jeans and roll the ends a bit so they're cropped. It's going to be around 85, but it may or may not rain, so if there's not too much sun I don't think I'll be too hot. Maybe a tank top too (but sleeveless tops feel so wrong in a work environment too!)

Funny you mention this, I just had to give a friend a pep talk Friday in regards to wearing shorts and her company's summer outing. It was definitely casual dress, at a park, around water and not to mention in 100+ SC heat. She was nervous about the shorts even though the invite specifically mentioned they were ok. She ended up in yellow, longer, chino style shorts and said most people there were in similar outfits. I think once you get there and see others in similar attire you'll be ok!

Back