OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Bringing it back to car talk because I'm in a sticky situation currently. So my parents bought me a new car in May. I have been driving since 2012 and the car I was driving had over 200,000 miles on it and was overall dangerous to drive. So my generous parents made the investment for a new one. I've never been in an accident before but the other night I was pulling into my garage and scraped the side. It looks like mostly paint from the garage but I went to get an estimate from an auto place and it is over $1600 to fix. My parents are extremely angry as am I at myself....do I pay to fix it, get another quote, leave it be or what? It's a lot of money especially on top of the car payments, insurance, gas etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely get multiple quotes.

If you decide to do it yourself since a newer car you may need to get the touch up paint from a dealer who sells new cars.

**shall I release the hounds**

Bringing it back to car talk because I'm in a sticky situation currently. So my parents bought me a new car in May. I have been driving since 2012 and the car I was driving had over 200,000 miles on it and was overall dangerous to drive. So my generous parents made the investment for a new one. I've never been in an accident before but the other night I was pulling into my garage and scraped the side. It looks like mostly paint from the garage but I went to get an estimate from an auto place and it is over $1600 to fix. My parents are extremely angry as am I at myself....do I pay to fix it, get another quote, leave it be or what? It's a lot of money especially on top of the car payments, insurance, gas etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would have your dad take it somewhere to get an estimate... In my experience auto places will try to pull one over on you because you're young and a girl and while it's not "right" it happens.

THERE IS A MALALA DOCUMENTARY COMING OUT IN OCTOBER I'M GOING TO CRY TEARS OF EXCITEMENT.

I am (not so) low key obsessed with her. Also, the clock just turned 12:00am so it's officially Malala's birthday :cheering:

It finally rained today after weeks of 25+ degree weather. Hopefully some of the forest fires that are burning around the province get put out by the rain.
This morning I was listening to the radio. The Dj was talking about all the rain we've been getting. She then says well last night we didn't get rain, how lucky are we?. I was like umm no we're not lucky we need this rain. Forest fires are scary. We had one a few years ago that really caused a lot of damage. Then soon after the fire was put out monsoon season hit. Flooding everything and causing a lot of damage including close to my home town.

As of 6 hours ago, there were 238 fires with 60-something of them started yesterday. The day of the World Cup final, one started nearby my university. Usually the fires tend to happen in the Okanagan.

This reminds me I need to get rainboots; the last pair I had were attacked by a racoon.
Omg that's so scary.

THERE IS A MALALA DOCUMENTARY COMING OUT IN OCTOBER I'M GOING TO CRY TEARS OF EXCITEMENT.

I am (not so) low key obsessed with her. Also, the clock just turned 12:00am so it's officially Malala's birthday :cheering:
My oldest just read her book and was fascinated by it. Especially by all the Middle Eastern history she learned from it.

My oldest just read her book and was fascinated by it. Especially by all the Middle Eastern history she learned from it.

Yessssss! Her book is really, really good. I listen to audiobooks at work and I contemplated going to Target after listening to I Am Malala to buy it which is a huge deal for me since I only allow myself to buy used books. That's how much I loved it.

I recommend it to EVERYONE. It's probably one of my top 5 favorites - assuming you group Harry Potter as one thing :p There's a ton of history and information about the Middle East, the culture, the religion, and even a bit of their perspective of the happenings in the Middle East after 9/11 which I really loved. I didn't know how involved she and her dad were in speaking out for education and against the Taliban's laws prior to her attack before I read the book. Her dad is just as an amazing of a person as she is. You can tell she has the utmost respect for him in her book and it's really beautiful. I love everything about it.

Yessssss! Her book is really, really good. I listen to audiobooks at work and I contemplated going to Target after listening to I Am Malala to buy it which is a huge deal for me since I only allow myself to buy used books. That's how much I loved it.

I recommend it to EVERYONE. It's probably one of my top 5 favorites - assuming you group Harry Potter as one thing :p There's a ton of history and information about the Middle East, the culture, the religion, and even a bit of their perspective of the happenings in the Middle East after 9/11 which I really loved. I didn't know how involved she and her dad were in speaking out for education and against the Taliban's laws prior to her attack before I read the book. Her dad is just as an amazing of a person as she is. You can tell she has the utmost respect for him in her book and it's really beautiful. I love everything about it.
I thought that is what precipitated the attack if I am not mistaken.

Back