OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Yep it's me. And I put the regular right on my oily face. I don't have a separate one for faces (didn't even know there was such a thing)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I will vouch for how awesome fake bake is. I bought it for my CPs based on @Just-a-Mom 's recommendation. It is a better alternative to spray tans IMO and so easy to use.

SO my car officially died two days ago but was "officially" pronounced dead today- blown head gasket and its so old and has so many miles its not even close to being worth fixing it. After my radiator hose exploded and I got a new one the engine started acting weird and kept blowing the hose off/disconnecting it like 4 times in 2 days) and then it overheated and my dad made me drive it home anyways because I was only like a mile away and when I went to start it the next morning after I reconnected the hose (I learned how) my car wouldn't start. at all. Which really puts me in a horrible situation because I planned on going to get a new car next week anyways because a dealership in my town has an "if it drives its worth $6500" deal where they will put $6500 down on a new car for whatever you trade in... but it has to drive. I was going to get a 2015 kia soul because of the 10 year/100000 mile warranty and my family has had a lot of luck with kias, and I could afford a monthly payment with my credit score and the down payment the dealership would put on for me. Now i have no car to take in and no car at all. I am SO frustrated. I have a month to figure out how I'm going to get a car and considering I live 3 hours away when I go back to school this is not fun AT ALL. And my parents absolutely will not help me. these last few weeks for me have been absolutely horrible!

Lately I've had people try to correct me or reassure what I'm saying about CA. What I don't understand is why you would try to tell someone something about a gym that they go to? For example I tweeted about two cali teams the oher day (that my friend and I are on) and I had a cheer twitter tell me I need to research more because those two teams are from separate locations. I didn't reply but like.. it's obvious I go to cali so I was really confused why they tried to correct me?

In other news, I've been placed as point flyer this season and I'm workin' my lil butt off. :D

Congrats on point flyer! Which team are you on this season? Will definitely pay attention and cheer for you!

Lately I've had people try to correct me or reassure what I'm saying about CA. What I don't understand is why you would try to tell someone something about a gym that they go to? For example I tweeted about two cali teams the oher day (that my friend and I are on) and I had a cheer twitter tell me I need to research more because those two teams are from separate locations. I didn't reply but like.. it's obvious I go to cali so I was really confused why they tried to correct me?

In other news, I've been placed as point flyer this season and I'm workin' my lil butt off. :D
Just ignore them. Obviously you know what you're tweeting! People will look for anything to argue over.

Congrats on point! I'm sure you'll have an amazing season

I love the hashtag that is trending on twitter now. #GrowingUpWithMyName Because my real name is Maria I've gotten quite a few questions like if im jesus mom or if im hispanic wich of course im not. I'm a typical scandinavan girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

So my mom has just been cracking me up lately with her *secret* bow pages on Facebook. It's basically like this forum but they just talk about bows. And apparently there's a whole mess with this one business and these women are seriously hilarious with what they're saying about the situation haha...but I think she's actually on the boards so I refrain from using her name lol. Cheer moms (and moms of retired cheerleaders aka me :D ) are just crazy!!

So my mom has just been cracking me up lately with her *secret* bow pages on Facebook. It's basically like this forum but they just talk about bows. And apparently there's a whole mess with this one business and these women are seriously hilarious with what they're saying about the situation haha...but I think she's actually on the boards so I refrain from using her name lol. Cheer moms (and moms of retired cheerleaders aka me :D ) are just crazy!!
Yes, yes they are. Thank goodness us cheer dads are the sane ones to balance them out.

**Official dog paTROLL of Fierce Board**

If you can catch it (I'm sure they will rerun it or have it on demand) I highly recommend it. Due to TLC's stellar run of programming over the past few years I had doubts about how it but the premiere was compelling and really drew me in (probably because Jazz and her family are so amazing). I'm looking forward to future episodes.

I finally got the chance to watch it. I really like the family, especially the siblings and Jacky and Jack. I cracked up when Jack said "I ran to the Internet". Such a wonderful family. I'll definitely keep up with this show and put "I am Cait" on my back burner.

I really hope that someone walking by and calling Jazz a "tranny freak" was staged just for effect....and props to her mom for keeping her cool if it wasn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@gofriars610 and @luv2cheer92, any recommendations on places to eat in DC (downtown, close to the museums) that are balling on a budget friendly? My boyfriend and I are going tomorrow and are trying to plan!

Just saw this.
There's usually a line of food trucks on the mall, and most of those are super good.
There's also this place called Poppabox in Farragut west that's amazing.
My favorite restaurant in DC is called Medium Rare, and all they serve is prix fixe meals of bread, salad, and steak fries. (Plus dessert options.) it's 20 bucks each for dinner minus dessert.
Founding Farmers is a little pricier but it's *so* good.
Amsterdam Falafel has a few locations around the city and is pretty cheap.
I'll let you know if I think of anything else! Have a great time.

Well, like @Miialovescheer said, we still have the small plastic bags for fruits and vegetables (not much choice there, you can't really have 10 apples rolling around at the bottom of your cart). But yeah, I remember before big bags were a thing, we had a huuuuge amount of small, thin plastic bags at home (in my family, we don't throw anything away). We used them as garbage bags for the waste baskets in our bedrooms, but other than that they just pile up and they don't have much use.

You can actually buy (or make yourself) reusable produce bags. I've used mine for about 2 years now I think and they still look like new. When I started to use them I got really weird looks, but I got used to that, and lately I've also seen other people use reusable produce bags.

SO my car officially died two days ago but was "officially" pronounced dead today- blown head gasket and its so old and has so many miles its not even close to being worth fixing it. After my radiator hose exploded and I got a new one the engine started acting weird and kept blowing the hose off/disconnecting it like 4 times in 2 days) and then it overheated and my dad made me drive it home anyways because I was only like a mile away and when I went to start it the next morning after I reconnected the hose (I learned how) my car wouldn't start. at all. Which really puts me in a horrible situation because I planned on going to get a new car next week anyways because a dealership in my town has an "if it drives its worth $6500" deal where they will put $6500 down on a new car for whatever you trade in... but it has to drive. I was going to get a 2015 kia soul because of the 10 year/100000 mile warranty and my family has had a lot of luck with kias, and I could afford a monthly payment with my credit score and the down payment the dealership would put on for me. Now i have no car to take in and no car at all. I am SO frustrated. I have a month to figure out how I'm going to get a car and considering I live 3 hours away when I go back to school this is not fun AT ALL. And my parents absolutely will not help me. these last few weeks for me have been absolutely horrible!

If you get a $6500 credit for a car that drives - is there any possibility to buy a REALLY cheap car that drives and trade that in? Like get a car for less than $1000 and you'd still get a $5500 credit.

Back