OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone use the Sprint All-In plan? I broke my Verizon phone today and my upgrade doesn't happen until April so I kinda just want to get my own plan and it seems like a good deal. My parents don't really need to be paying my bills anymore either haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone use the Sprint All-In plan? I broke my Verizon phone today and my upgrade doesn't happen until April so I kinda just want to get my own plan and it seems like a good deal. My parents don't really need to be paying my bills anymore either haha.

Not sure about your area but a friend of mine who travels extensively in the northeast went to sprint and canceled his contract within 2 weeks. I could be talking to him when he was within miles of NYC and the calls would constantly drop on him. Never had that issue when he was with Verizon. He also experienced issues with the Internet.

The only thing that kept him from paying long term on the contract was every single time he called customer service and the kept extolling how great the service was the calls would drop. Actually happened 6 times when talking to the same rep.

**Congratulations you found someone from your gym, do you want a cookie?**

I'm from the Midwest but I recently got on my own phone plan too and switched to Sprint. I've had my phone for 7 months now and I love it, I haven't had any issues with sprint but I switched from ATT (total garbage). I have the unlimited everything plan ($50 monthly) and I pay $20ish per month for my phone as part of the installment plan (I paid $250 up front because I have ZERO credit). Also because I'm young without credit, I had to be enrolled in the spending program that costs $7.99 a month, and I pay roughly $12 in taxes monthly. My bill totals out to around $90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This friend is engaged to a Vietnamese guy, so they are having two ceremonies on back to back weekends. A traditional Indian ceremony in Charlotte, where she's from (which actually takes place over three days), and a traditional Vietnamese ceremony in DC, where he's from. But there are touches of both cultures in each ceremony.

She promised her parents she would keep to as many traditions as she could, and it's been so cool to see how she's adapted them to 2015. For example, her parents actually had an arranged marriage. My friend and her fiancee were obviously not arranged, they met in their dorm freshman year, but her family still presented him with a "dowry" a few weekends ago. Traditionally, that would have been the first time the couples and families met, but of course they are all old friends now. Her family presented his with several gift baskets of fruit, cheese, meats and chocolates (where traditionally it would be like gold, land, money, goats, etc.) They formally "exchanged" gifts, and then just turned it into a big ole joint wedding planning weekend.

I gave her a hard time and ask what would have happened if his family rejected her. She said she had some backup goats to offer them just in case :p
I believe that the plan for them is to do the traditional Indian wedding part in India because he was born there and a lot of his family still live there. She was raised very Christian and I still don't think her parents are 100% on board with this whole inter- culture thing much like they weren't thrilled when they announced that they got an apartment together and her parents nor her younger sister are the kind to allow people to have their own opinions and live their own lives.

I'm from the Midwest but I recently got on my own phone plan too and switched to Sprint. I've had my phone for 7 months now and I love it, I haven't had any issues with sprint but I switched from ATT (total garbage). I have the unlimited everything plan ($50 monthly) and I pay $20ish per month for my phone as part of the installment plan (I paid $250 up front because I have ZERO credit). Also because I'm young without credit, I had to be enrolled in the spending program that costs $7.99 a month, and I pay roughly $12 in taxes monthly. My bill totals out to around $90.

Omg that's funny. I've had ATT for as long as I can remember and had great service. Had Verizon once and no different than ATT at the time.

Funny how opposite experienced people can have.

I have had Sprint for at least ten years. We have the unlimited everything plan for 3 phones, so it is the main reason why we keep Sprint. I do have trouble in highly congested areas (i.e. Worlds, NCA), but I think everyone does. My youngest CP is on her grandmother's plan (AT&T) and although I would say her signal is stronger over all, she is constantly worried about data usage. I use my phone for business and very rarely have issues. The unlimited everything is so well worth it for me.

I have had Sprint for at least ten years. We have the unlimited everything plan for 3 phones, so it is the main reason why we keep Sprint. I do have trouble in highly congested areas (i.e. Worlds, NCA), but I think everyone does. My youngest CP is on her grandmother's plan (AT&T) and although I would say her signal is stronger over all, she is constantly worried about data usage. I use my phone for business and very rarely have issues. The unlimited everything is so well worth it for me.
PREACH! Everyone talks poorly of Sprint, but I just smile when they get their monthly text about how close they are to running over their data allowance. Unlimited is worth it!

(Hopefully they don't yank it from me anytime soon)

PREACH! Everyone talks poorly of Sprint, but I just smile when they get their monthly text about how close they are to running over their data allowance. Unlimited is worth it!

Meh, my husband and I pay $150/mo for 15GB data with AT&T. And if I bought my phone outright instead of doing AT&T Next (which I found to be cheaper than contract pricing), it would be $120/mo. And AT&T has rollover data now, so I actually have 20gb to use this month.

Though man, I used to always stay under 1gb data, and now I somehow manage to suck up data like you wouldn't believe.

Omg that's funny. I've had ATT for as long as I can remember and had great service. Had Verizon once and no different than ATT at the time.

Funny how opposite experienced people can have.

Really?? The biggest issue I had the ATT was their customer service. In my experience, it was horrible. For phones as well as Internet. My phone wasn't the problem, but I didn't want to deal with their customer service anymore.

I think it's probably completely dependent on where you live in regards to cell service. I have Verizon, which is obviously more expensive, but they have the best service for where I live. I get service everywhere, and friends that have Sprint or ATT drop calls like crazy.

Meh, my husband and I pay $150/mo for 15GB data with AT&T. And if I bought my phone outright instead of doing AT&T Next (which I found to be cheaper than contract pricing), it would be $120/mo. And AT&T has rollover data now, so I actually have 20gb to use this month.

Though man, I used to always stay under 1gb data, and now I somehow manage to suck up data like you wouldn't believe.

My sister consistently uses half or more of our family plan which is 10GB. She claims its because she doesn't have wifi at work, but neither do either of my parents and my mom uses her phone when shes on break all the time.

My sister consistently uses half or more of our family plan which is 10GB. She claims its because she doesn't have wifi at work, but neither do either of my parents and my mom uses her phone when shes on break all the time.

I honestly have no idea how I'm using 5gb/mo. In the last year or so my usage has exploded. I'm on it all the time though. Sometimes I turn the wifi off and forget to put it back on.

This 100x! Love Sprint Love unlimited Data!

Funny story, my boyfriend just switched to Sprint with my plan (he was Verizon before) and at first he would always text me and say sorry that his phone was roaming/etc. because he was worried about the data usage - I had to remind him that is not a worry/problem in Sprint land :D

Latest posts

Back