OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm starting to use Tapatalk now. Do you you have to logout of fierce board and tapatalk? Or can you just logout of Tapatalk and it logs out on both?

Sent from my iPhone duh

I'm starting to use Tapatalk now. Do you you have to logout of fierce board and tapatalk? Or can you just logout of Tapatalk and it logs out on both?

Sent from my iPhone duh
They run independently of each other. You do not need them both open for the other to work and logging out of 1 does not log you out of the other.

**Lets do the time warp again...**

If it makes you feel any better, I was 5 the last time the Blue Jays made it this far.
I'm a die-hard Yankee fan, and I can completely remember that feeling - the Yankees won in 1977 and 1978 (when I was 8 and 9) and then really really really sucked until the mid-90s. Back then, the Jays were our nemesis. Dh and I actually roadtripped up to Toronto in '95 to see the Yankees clinch the Wildcard there. We were amazed at how family-friendly the stadium was because back in those days, Yankee Stadium was anything but.

how likely is it that if my number didnt get called for jury duty today that it will get called tomorrow?? my number starts with a T and they've called for everything from A-N.
i really dont want to be called for jury duty, since id rather be working this week.

Hey @King , since you changed servers I noticed that I haven't been getting all of my notifications on my phone or my computer. Is there a glitch?

Last edited:
I actually switched back. Try clearing cache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have tips for traveling in a car with a kitten?! She's 5 months old and I'm going to drive to my mom's house in Mississippi from Texas...about 6ish hours. What do I do about litter and food during/before the trip?! I plan on keeping her in a pet carrier at all times.

Does anyone have tips for traveling in a car with a kitten?! She's 5 months old and I'm going to drive to my mom's house in Mississippi from Texas...about 6ish hours. What do I do about litter and food during/before the trip?! I plan on keeping her in a pet carrier at all times.
Hahaha I know /all/ about this. I'm in college and have made several trips home with my cat (who happens to be contrary and sickly).
1. I don't know how big your pet carrier is, but for litter I always poured some in a cookie tin (like those things people put Christmas cookies in. I'm pretty sure you can get them at Walmart!) and it was small enough to put in the back of the pet carrier. However, due to like stress or something my litter-box-trained cat sometimes won't use it. So anticipate that and put down newspaper.
2. Sometimes cats get carsick. I have literally lost count of the number of times my cat has puked while I was driving down the road. I now perpetually keep a roll of paper towels behind the passenger seat. Bring a roll. Maybe 2. And if/when it happens, just pull over somewhere safe and wipe it out. I also keep empty Walmart bags to stuff used paper towels in to throw in the nearest trash can. Unfortunately I haven't found a fool-proof way of preventing it. My cat tends to get sicker in the daytime compared to at night, so on some day trips I cover his cage with a dark blanket (leaving room for air on the sides). Most of the time he just goes to sleep. I once read that you could give cats small amounts of Dramamine to keep them from getting sick... That didn't work for me. He started gagging and vomited it all up everywhere. No fun. I've also asked his vet for small doses of cat pain medicine or anesthetics and he told me it isn't recommended for pets when traveling. If your cat vomits, it's not going to feel well and is probably going to be dehydrated, so be sure it has enough water.
3. On the topic of water, I make it a point to always have water in the cage, but not food. I bring a small bowl or cup and pour the food in and feed the cat when we stop for gas or something. I also prefer to let him out of the carrier when we stop, because kitties need to stretch their legs too :) but yeah, I let him eat and pour what's left back in a ziplock bag and put him back in his carrier.
4. Be prepared for the kitten to whine. And whine and whine and whine. (It might not actually whine at all, but all cats I've traveled with have.) I usually ignore it, turn up the radio, and he gives up eventually.
5. Traveling takes a lot out of a kitty. It'll be frustrating to possibly have to pull over and clean up after her, but just know she's probably very stressed out and afraid. She doesn't want to be freaked anymore than you want her to.
I hope you have a pleasant (puke-free) trip! Good luck!

Back